Whether you’re a professional chef, or just cooking for yourself and your family at home, having the 30-inch gas cooktop can make all the difference. The kitchen is generally where we spend most of our time in the house, so putting some thought into what kind of stove to buy can be a big deal.
If you have been shopping around for a new gas stove but don’t know which one will work best in your kitchen, then this blog post is perfect for you! We’ve compiled a list of the top 11 best 30-inch gas cooktop models from brands such as GE and Frigidaire that will fit any budget while still providing great features.
- List of 11 Best 30-inch Gas Cooktops Reviews
- 1. Frigidaire FGGC3047QS Gallery 30” Gas Cooktop
- 2. FOTILE GLS30501 30” Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop
- 3. Empava 30″ Gas Stove Cooktop
- 4. thermomate 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- 5. Deli-kit 30 inch Gas Cooktops
- 6. GE JGP3030SLSS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- 7. Frigidaire FFGC3026SS 30″ Gas Sealed Burner Style Cooktop
- 8. Empava 30XGC21 30″ Gas Cooktop
- 9. GASLAND Chef GH1304SS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- 10. HBHOB 30 inches Gas Cooktop
- 11. Loblich 30 Inch Gas Cooktop LW5S01
- How to Choose the Best 30 inch Gas Cooktop
- Gas Cooktop Installation
- Frequently Asked Questions
List of 11 Best 30-inch Gas Cooktops Reviews
1. Frigidaire FGGC3047QS Gallery 30” Gas Cooktop
- The perfect 30-inch gas cooktop for busy lifestyles. The FGGC3047QS makes cooking easy with continuous corner-to-corner grates and angled front controls.
- With 450 to 18,000-BTU center burners with a serious range of BTUs and cooking power, this gas cooktop is perfect for all chefs. Griddle baskets with removable grease trays catch food drippings so you don’t have burning grease spatters on your walls or kitchen countertops.
- The Frigidaire FGGC3047QS Gallery 30″ gas cooktop will dish out world-class meals that’ll become your new faves. The cast-iron grates are dishwasher safe and easy to clean, so you can focus on cooking! Plus, it’s extra-large with a 30″ surface area which means plenty of space for all sorts of pots and pans.
2. FOTILE GLS30501 30” Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop
- The FOTILE GLS30501 30-inch gas cooktop provides up to 30k BTU with the option of turning on a griddle for cooking dishes like pancakes, steaks, and bacon. With 5 burners – 3 front and 2 back- you can use the cooker for anything from boiling water to coq au vin or risotto.
- Each burner comes with flame failure detection so that if it goes out then no more flames are emitted into your home! FOTILE offers an excellent way to have these great features without breaking the bank. This is also easier on your wallet than replacement coils for this product would be as well as being easier on space.
- And while cooking, they know you’re busy doing all sorts of other things in your kitchen – so they designed this cooktop with no exposed knobs or cables. Effortlessly wipe down burners when grates are removed, or remove them to add a little flavor to any dish! Plus, even though it might be tempting, don’t forget to give your cooktop a thorough deep clean – because grime can build up quickly on sharp surfaces like stainless steel.
3. Empava 30″ Gas Stove Cooktop
- Empava’s 30″ gas cooktop is perfect for anybody on the go who needs that little extra space. It also includes two nozzles – once for propane, one for natural gas – so you can fuel your hungry beast anywhere in America.
- With ten different power levels, this best 30″ gas cooktop was built for all your cooking needs; big and small. The Empava SABAF series is made in Italy by world-class designers who make sure that safe cooking is always at the forefront of every design decision.
- The elegant design of the Empava 30″ Stove Top Gas cooktop is perfect for any kitchen. At its vast cooking surface, you’ll be able to cook all your favorite dishes with precision and flair. With 4 different burner sizes, the gas stove top accommodates a variety of cooking needs with ease.
- A 12000-BTU Dual Ring Burner is great for larger pots or anything that requires an extra boost (kids cereal in bowls, desserts like bread pudding), while smaller dishes can be made on one of the three 10000-BTU burners (small soup pots, frozen waffles).
4. thermomate 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- The Thermomate 30 Inch Gas Cooktop features a stainless steel interior for easy cleaning and an oven-friendly design. The cooktop surface can withstand high temperatures of up to 480°F so you can do everything at the same time without worrying about burns or uneven results.
- The optimum 28800BTU power delivers simultaneous cooking on four variable heat levels, including Propane (28800 BTUs) and Natural Gas (28860 BTUs). Capable for multi-purpose such as RVs, big kitchen, cooking lover family who requires wide range of gas pressure which makes this unit perfect for any given need.
- The Thermomate 30 Inch Gas Cooktop is perfect for professional chefs. The gas cooktop has 5 burners including one triple-ring wok stove burner, the stainless steel burner covers are perfect for distributing even heat to meet a variety of cooking demands.
- This item also includes an automatic pilot light and turn-off system to prevent accidental flameouts and wastage of energy; additionally, it comes with a safety lock on this knob which makes it safe from small children’s hands!
5. Deli-kit 30 inch Gas Cooktops
- The Deli-Kit 30 inch Gas Cooktop is an excellent addition to your kitchen. It provides a sturdy and safe solution for cooking with ease, as it features settings that can be adjusted according to the type of gas you use. The elegant brushed stainless steel panel means you never have to worry about corrosion ever again!
- The brushed stainless steel gas cooktop panel is corrosion-resistant and effortless to clean. The cutout measurement is 28.7*18.5 inches. Its cast-iron grates provide durability and lasting life for usage, and it’s more stable and safe for heavy woks.
- It can be fitted with either natural or LPG nozzles, depending on customer preference (includes one each of 110 Volt AC pulse ignition 2619N6-110V Plug+Neutral Wire Required; 1) Natural Gas Nozzle; 2) LP Nozzle).
- Deli-Kit Who believes that not only is Deli-Kit a professional household stove manufacturer with rich development experiences, but also they have the most quality gas cooktops. 3 burner set-ups are available which work well for simmer, boil, stir-frying, steaming, melting, or others. And you can always rely on these stoves to provide even heat for you so it’s perfect for any cooking situation!
6. GE JGP3030SLSS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- We know your kitchen space is valuable, which is why the GE JGP3030SLSS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop can blend seamlessly with any décor. The MAX burner system not only lets you cook 2x faster but also includes two powerful Power Broil burners that are perfect for searing meat at high temperatures.
- The Simmer burner does just what it sounds like – keeps things warm to prevent overcooking. With continuous grates, sealed burners and ADA-compliant means you don’t have to worry about cleaning up crumbs or spills either!
- GE’s MAX Burner System maximizes burner performance for improved full-surface cooking, Power Broil Burner offers intense broiling power and the Simmer Burner reduces flame height to create gentle cooking that doesn’t leave scorched food on the surface of pots and pans.
- The Continuous Grates eliminate grates seams to provide enhanced safety and seamless edge-to-edge cleaning while Sealed Points ensure no “blowback” or flare up when food spills over into the seal pot. With GE’s innovative design, you’ll have a safer kitchen with cleaner surfaces in less time!
7. Frigidaire FFGC3026SS 30″ Gas Sealed Burner Style Cooktop
- The Frigidaire FFGC3026SS 30″ gas sealed burner style cooktop is the perfect appliance for any discriminating chef. With 4 regulated burners and adjustable 8-inch grates, you’ll always be one step ahead of the game. Come experience the meticulous craftsmanship of this true kitchen masterpiece!
- With this Frigidaire FFGC3026SS 30″ Gas Sealed Burner Style Cooktop in your kitchen, friends, and family will never be left hungry with all the space you’ll have when they come over. The sealed burners are perfect for anything from boiling vegetables to searing chicken breasts so it can’t get any better than this!
- 4 burners allow you to multitask with ease giving an efficient cooking experience for even advanced chefs. Don’t stop there though, with sealed gas burners and a lower simmer burner these durable grates work well as either conductors or insulators of heat making them perfect for anyone who needs versatility in their cooking equipment.
8. Empava 30XGC21 30″ Gas Cooktop
- Empava revolutionizes home cooking and improves kitchen space with the latest Empava 30XGC21 gas cooktop. With its rapid response temperature control system, heavy-duty stainless steel construction, and multifunctional design, you can prepare any dish more efficiently!
- You deserve the best quality of life through affordability that is found in no other brands. You deserve to feel accomplished on your home or professional level by using cutting-edge equipment at a great value only available with Empava.
- The Empava 30XGC21 is the perfect match for your modern kitchen. With sealed burners, you’re sure to enjoy cooking without ever having to worry about cleaning up after yourself. The stain and heat discoloration-resistant stainless-steel surface offers a reliable cooktop that lasts – no worries or extra work!
- That’s not all, with the durable knobs that are dishwasher safe for hassle-free maintenance, you’ll always have a clean-looking appliance in your kitchen. For versatility and precision cooking, this gas recessed piece assures you can make any type of dish in 8 different ways thanks to 4 different size burners including Dual Ring 12000-BTU Burner Package.
9. GASLAND Chef GH1304SS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- The built-in GASLAND Chef GH1304SS 30-Inch Gas Cooktop offers a wide range of cooking positions with 4 sealed burners that won’t release any debris into your food. You can simply remove the grates and clean them with water or dish soap.
- And best of all, it comes complete with automatic electric pulse ignition from 120V AC power for convenient use! Choose from 3 available colors to match any kitchen – Autumn Gold, Black Granite, Peaceful Slate.
- This gas cooker is designed to make your cooking experience easy and hassle-free. With the 10,300 BTU high output burner’s boil, sear, pan fry functions; you can cook for parties with 4 full meals simultaneously at the same time.
- The four knobs are strategically placed on each side of the unit making it easier for cooks to work around even when they need low heat (4000+7000BTUs) for delicate cuisine dishes.
10. HBHOB 30 inches Gas Cooktop
- The HBHOB 30 inch gas cooktop is the perfect appliance for you and your family. Safety features include a flame failure safety device that shuts down automatically should a flame be detected, helping to avoid risking gas leakage.
- The model also has a standard 110-volt plug with a 350, 000 BTU stovetop surface area and an enclosed chassis designed to prevent airflow which can affect combustion stability during cooking. Liquefied petroleum gas nozzles are preset and replaceable according to how you use the stovetop making this kitchen essential versatile as well as effective at heating up large pans of food quickly!
- Designed for everyday use, this gas kitchen range is a durable and stylish addition to any home. When safety and performance are essential features in your next stove purchase, there’s no better choice than the HBHOB 30 inches Gas Cooktop.
- The key safety feature of this Kitchen Range is its sturdy stainless steel cooktop surface which means easy cleanup. All knobs on the stove are made from metal instead of molded plastic which means you will never have to worry about them melting from high heat.
- Enjoy fewer spills with extra space around pots with four large cooking grates including two “Rapid” burners that allow pots or pans to sit securely at different heights on either side of these burner rings for even cooking across the entire pan bottom!
11. Loblich 30 Inch Gas Cooktop LW5S01
- Loblich’s 30-inch gas cooktop is the perfect choice for every household. The triple ring 11262BTU(3.3KW) burner can be used for simmering, boiling, stir-frying, steaming, and melting while two 5972BTU(1.75KW) burners are perfect for previous tasks or smaller pots that need sensitive control over the heat output.
- The 3413 BTU flameless auxiliary burner offers additional versatility when cooking different dishes at one time without any risk of flames going out due to gas leakage thanks to automatic thermocouple protection. The robust cast aluminum alloy construction ensures reliability in harsh conditions so you can have confidence in this product during your day-to-day routine!
- Its heavy-duty cast iron grates and durable knobs make it perfect for use with heavy woks. Cleaning has never been easier thanks to the hassle-free effortless cleanup and maintenance to enhance your premium look. This drop-in stove was designed for quick installation, and all connections come standard in US format – no adaptors required!
- All that’s needed is natural or liquefied gas, depending on your needs; Liquefied gas conversion kits are available separately if you’re not near a natural source of gas. There’s even an automatic ignition installed without any batteries necessary; just rotate the knob clockwise once to ignite!
How to Choose the Best 30 inch Gas Cooktop
I’m sure you’re here because you’re in the market for a new gas cooktop. Maybe your old one is rusty and ugly looking, or it’s just not heating up to your desired temperature levels anymore. Whatever the case may be, you’ve come to the right place. By reading this article you’ll be able to choose the best 30-inch gas cooktop for your kitchen.
Burner Power You’ll want to make sure you have a good amount of BTUs or British Thermal Units. This is basically how much power each burner will put out, so the higher your max BTUs, the hotter that burner will get. It’s not a huge concern if it only has 10,000 BTU because any gas cooktop can reach a high temperature with enough time and heat. 26,500 seems to be the average for most 30 inch cooktops on the market today.
In order to speed up the cooking process, you’ll want a cooktop that has a convection coil. It will greatly reduce your cooking time, which is always nice. You can even find some with two of these coils if you’re looking for a faster cooking experience! This isn’t a deal-breaker by any means so don’t worry too much about it. If you have the budget and space for it though, I’d highly recommend getting one with convection coils.
Just remember that even if it has convection coils they may not both be in use at once because most burners can only support one at a time.
The controls on your new gas cooktop are going to make or break the whole experience, and this is even more true when you’re dealing with a 30-inch cooktop. You obviously want to make sure they are easy to understand, but it’s also important that the cooktop lights up when you need it to in order for you to see what buttons you’re pressing. If your new gas cooktop doesn’t have a light behind the control panel then I wouldn’t recommend buying it at all because you’ll have no idea what temperature your food is being cooked at or if your burner is on or off!
Obviously, size matters when choosing a gas cooktop, so before making any purchase be sure to measure out how much room you have available for one of these. The last anyone wants is for their new 30-inch gas cooktop to not fit in their kitchen after all the hard work they put into making sure it would! You should be able to find a 30-inch cooktop that will fit in any size kitchen though so don’t worry.
It’s also important to think about how durable each one of your options is going to be, and thankfully most manufacturers have a decent warranty policy. As long as you’re using a well-known brand name then a typical 30-inch gas cooktop should last for at least 2 years before anything goes wrong with it. Some options even come with up to a 5-year warranty which is very nice! Brand names like Wolf or GE are always good choices because they produce quality products, but you can’t really go wrong with any of them.
Variable & Simmer Burners
There are certain features in a gas cooktop that make them stand out from one another. The most important of these is the burner configuration. I’m not talking about the number of burners, but more so how they work together to create even cooking on your cookware surface. Two standard configurations include one with two 15,000 BTU/Hr burners and a 25,500 BTU/Hr simmer burner in the middle or three 8,100 BTU/Hr burners with a 12,000 BTU/Hr simmer burner off to the side of the center. To get right down to it though, you’ll just want a 30-inch gas cooktop that has 2 8,100 BTU/Hr burners and 1 12,000 BTU/Hr simmer burner.
One of the best features in my opinion is an easily removed knob that can be put in the dishwasher for easy cleanup. 47% of all gas cooktops come with this feature! The less time you spend cleaning up after cooking, the more time you get to enjoy what you just cooked. This is also great for kids so they don’t burn themselves on the hot plastic when it’s left out on your countertop or stovetop. Plus, if there are any issues with malfunctioning parts, simply replace the knob instead of buying an entirely new one.
If you are Jewish, you’re probably aware of the dietary restrictions that come along with your faith. One of these is the separation of meat and dairy products by using two separate cookware. Most 30-inch gas cooktops have 2 burners for cooking meat, so this would be perfect for you! This also allows you to have two completely different dishes being prepared at once or one after another without any cross-contamination issues.
You’ll want to think about what your budget is before purchasing a 30-inch gas cooktop. At around $500 – $700, you can get a pretty good model that has all the features mentioned above. Anything more than this will start getting into high-end ranges in which they will contain even more features. Please keep in mind that this article is based on 30-inch gas cooktops available to the public today, not commercial ones used in restaurants.
Gas Cooktop Installation
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are all 30-inch gas cooktops the same size?
No. Different manufacturers may measure and advertise the same gas cooktop as a 30-inch stove, but they may not all be the same size. This can create problems when trying to find replacement parts or accessories for certain models of gas stoves. Even though most consumers understand that modern appliances are often advertised as the “same size”, they don’t realize that this term does not reflect actual dimensions; it’s simply a way to market an appliance’s general appearance.
2. How long do gas cooktops last?
The average lifespan of a gas cooktop is about 8 years. This means that you can expect most if not all components to need replacement after this time. For example, the burners, grates, and knobs will wear out. You may also find that your oven temperature isn’t as accurate as it used to be due to the buildup of scale in the oven’s burner tubes (if fitted). If you contact your manufacturer they may replace individual components but most likely they will advise replacing the whole unit.
3. Do gas cooktops need to be vented?
Gas cooking equipment (stoves, ovens, grills) installed in kitchens needs to be vented to the exterior of the house. Exhaust hoods located over gas stoves are required by building code. Building codes also require that commercial kitchens have ventilation systems other than exhaust hoods over gas ranges. This is intended to prevent the buildup of flammable gases should a stove flame blow out or fail for some reason other than complete combustion. Ventilation prevents the accumulation of carbon monoxide and related toxic compounds within spaces where people live and work.
Whether you want the latest in cooking technology or just a basic gas stove, we’ve got something for everyone. Our list of 11 best 30-inch gas cooktop models has been compiled from some of the top brands on the market and includes many different price points to suit any budget. If you’re still not sure which one is right for your kitchen, let us know! We’ll help match you with a model that meets all of your needs while staying within your budget. Which do our readers think is their favorite?