When you are looking for the best built-in wine cooler it is important to consider all of your needs. Do you need something small, or something big? How many bottles do you need to store? What kind of features are most important to you? When thinking about these questions, one must remember that there is no “best” wine fridge because everyone’s needs are different. A lot of people might want a specific brand name like Sub-Zero or Viking, but others may want a custom-made appliance with more customization options. This write will help find the perfect size and style for your home.
The best built-in wine cooler, as the name suggests, is a device that can keep your favorite wines stored at an optimal temperature. The size of this appliance varies from one to another, but all models have the same main function: cooling and storing wine for extended periods of time. In order to find out which one is right for you, it’s important to understand what makes a good built-in model so great. Read on below to learn more about these appliances and their features!
- What Is An Built In Wine Cooler?
- The Benefits of Having a Built-in Wine Cooler
- List Of 14 Best Built-In Wine Cooler Reviews
- 1. Colzer Classic 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler Refrigerators
- 2. EdgeStar BWR301BL 15 Inch Wide 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler with Slim Design
- 3. TYLZA 15 Inch Built-in 30 Bottle Wine Cooler
- 4. Kalamera 15″ 30 Bottle Built-in Wine Cooler
- 5. AAOBOSI 24 Inch Built in Wine Cooler
- 6. Kalamera Mini Fridge 18 Bottle – 12 inch Built-In Wine Cooler
- 7. Phiestina 15 Inch 29 Bottle Built-in Wine Cooler
- 8. FOOING 24 inch 46 Bottle Built-in Wine Cooler
- 9. Kalamera 24″ Under Counter Built in Wine Cooler for Home
- 10. EdgeStar CWR70SZ 6-Inch 7 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
- 11. Zephyr Presrv 24 Inch 45 Bottle Capacity Built In Wine Cooler
- 12. STAIGIS 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler
- 13. BODEGA 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler
- 14. Antarctic Star 15″ Built-in Wine Cooler
- Buying Guide for the Best Built-In Wine Cooler
- Installation of Built-in Wine Coolers
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is An Built In Wine Cooler?
Built-In wine coolers are built-in cooling appliances that keep your wine at the ideal temperature inside a hidden cellar, cabinet, or another closed storage unit. Many in-built units also have other features such as a lighting system and chilling plate to aid wines to their proper serving condition without having to use ice buckets which can dilute wines.
The Benefits of Having a Built-in Wine Cooler
There are several benefits that come along with having one of these built-in wine coolers in your kitchen, whether you live alone or entertain often. They include the following:
Unless you have a large cellar for storing bulk wine, built-in wine coolers will allow you to store your wines at the proper temperature without going through the process of cooling each bottle before drinking. When a red or white is stored at a warmer temperature it opens up the flavor and allows for more enjoyment when drinking.
They look great in any kitchen. A lot of common brands will match colors to stainless steel appliances since most kitchens today come with either black, stainless steel, or white appliances from ovens to dishwashers. It’s important that you find one that matches well if this is something that’s important to you when designing your new kitchen. That way it isn’t sticking out like a sore thumb.
The best way to ensure that your wine is always at the optimal temperature is by storing it in a built-in wine cooler. That way, you can rest assured that it will be ready for you the next time you feel like enjoying some with friends or at dinner.
If you entertain often, you know how difficult it can be to manage the space in your kitchen. A built-in wine cooler gives you more space on your countertop and will keep all your wines at their optimal temperature whenever you need them.
No Annual Fees
If you purchase a built-in wine cooler, there are no annual fees like there would be if you were to store bulk wine in a cellar or other storage facility. You will save yourself money and time by having one integrated into your kitchen design rather than maintaining an entire area for bulk wines that may not get used often.
Depending upon where you purchase it from, a built-in wine cooler can actually come with some cost savings over purchasing individual bottles of wine. Purchasing bulk wine can be more expensive than purchasing individual bottles. As long as you have the space, this is a great option to save some money.
List Of 14 Best Built-In Wine Cooler Reviews
1. Colzer Classic 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler Refrigerators
- Colzer Classic is the wine fridge for people who love their reds, whites, and roses. Built to look sleek with wide temperature adjustment ranges in 41-72°F you can customize your ideal environment in order to store any type of bottle in tall or short position–no matter whether it’s a Bordeaux 750 ml bottle or Burgundy 1.5 liter size. The adjustable shelves are at 3.5’‘ spacing so there are no restrictions when storing any sized bottles too!
- This wine fridge is the perfect addition to any household that has an affinity for wine. The sleek stainless steel design, with a dramatic red, LED interior light, will match any décor style.
- The wide temperature range and precise humidity control customization settings allow you to have the perfect environment for long-term aging or rapid access to your favorite bottle of merlot.
- The protective design of Colzer built-in wine cooler refrigerator keeps your wine from getting old or having excess acidity or impurities due to a cool and dark environment in a compact design for easy to use daily. Get the taste you love by using one-touch digital control to set the desired temperature after powering off because when you turn it back on, the Bluetooth light lets you see what’s going on in our classic wines.
2. EdgeStar BWR301BL 15 Inch Wide 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler with Slim Design
- The EdgeStar BWR301BL 15″ wide, 30 bottles built-in wine cooler is the perfect upgrade for your kitchen or bar area. With a high-quality design that leaves no detail unchecked, you can rest assured that this unit will give you years of use. Taking up only 17 sq ft of floor space which includes an included slide out cutting board perforated with wine corkscrews and opener rack, the fridge boasts 30 bottle capacity for all standard size 750ml 2.75″ Bordeaux bottles to fit inside without any wasted space left over.
- The cooling system features powerful compressor-based cooling with rubber bushings to securely absorb noise from operation while maintaining consistent temperatures between 40-65 degrees F.
- It features six, full-size racks and one small rack for increased versatility. You can store reds or whites separately if needed, plus it has defrosted technology to keep things fresh with minimal hassle!
- The EdgeStar BWR301BL 15 Inch Wide 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler with Slim Design is the perfect device for wine connoisseurs. This state of the art fridge has an auto defrost system, compressor-based cooling that can maintain temperatures between 40 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit, six slide-out wire shelves that hold six standard-sized 750ml bottles each, one small slide-out wire shelf to store your most prized bottles in glass door cabinets on either side of the interior cabinet space.
3. TYLZA 15 Inch Built-in 30 Bottle Wine Cooler
- Not only does it have a dual zone setting to store both warmer and cooler reds, whites, and sparkling wines respectively, but also includes advanced compressor technology that’s fast, strong, stable. The vibration absorption system on top not only provides more accuracy from cellar to the table but can also absorb excess sound pollution from outside sources. Additionally, this unit features adjustable cabinet feet which enable the user to let out any built-up stress after this long day.
- Tylza 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler is the best built-in wine cooler for your exclusive and precious collection of wines. It’s able to store larger bottles, such as Champagne too! Protect and cherish your favorite vintages in a personalized and stylish dual zone wine refrigerator that meets their different temperature needs with its upper zone ranging from 40 F to 55 F while the lower zone is between 55 F to 65 F.
- Free from any vibration, shaking, or breakage to your expensive bottles while being stored within its 6 wooden shelves that can hold up to 30 Bordeaux wine bottles are two zones that have their own temperatures that you choose via an included wireless remote control. The last time you set the optimal temperature will be remembered once power has been cut off until you turn it back on so there is no guesswork needed when consuming all day long in comfort and style.
4. Kalamera 15″ 30 Bottle Built-in Wine Cooler
- These small wine & beverage coolers restore the set temperature in the cooler after it is back on from power lost, which keeps your wine collection from going bad with increasing temperature. To hold your wine and drink better, we choose 6 high-quality wooden shelves. The shelf is removable with a stopper. On two sides of each shelf placed two stoppers, protecting the bottles from falling when pulling out the shelf.
- LED control display makes it easy to set temperature from 40-66°F, providing perfect chilling temperature at all times! Kalamera’s unique design makes this small wine cooler could be installed as a built-in wine cooler or freestanding wine fridges.
- The Kalamera 15″ Built-in Wine Cooler Refrigerator is the ultimate wine cooler to keep bottles at perfect temperatures while preserving their flavor and characteristics. Its intuitive LED control system, along with its powerful cooling capacity (4000BTU), makes it easy for you to chill your favorite wines without compromising their taste or quality. Choose from 6 high-quality wooden shelves-the shelves are removable so you can find the perfect spot for your bottles of vino!
5. AAOBOSI 24 Inch Built in Wine Cooler
- Aobosi is a revolutionary and appealing design, perfect for storing your wine collections. With this freestanding and built-in wine cooler, you can enjoy anywhere from 41 degrees to 68 degrees inside, preserving both reds and whites.
- The unit features soft-close doors that keep the noise low at 42 dB and cooling systems mean it runs quieter than competitors (42 dB). With an energy-saving compressor racket of only 38dBA, the product needs less power to cool down food items.
- This best built-in wine cooler preserves 41°F to 54°F for red wines or white wines while keeping bottles between 54°F to 68°F for Champagne, Pinot Noir. The one-touch control interface is ergonomically engineered with a sleek design leaving you posed to see what you need quickly.
- The Aobosi Built-in Wine Cooler is the perfect unit for storing large and small bottles alike. The Freestanding and Built version has a classic design that blends seamlessly with any décor. It features plenty of space to keep your favorite wine at its ideal temperature no matter what.
6. Kalamera Mini Fridge 18 Bottle – 12 inch Built-In Wine Cooler
- The Kalamera Mini Fridge 18 Bottle 12 inch Built-in Wine Cooler has a temperature range of 40-66°F and is perfect for wine lovers with large and small bottles. This fridge only stands at 12” wide, fitting in any size home without compromising choosing your favorite wine. The LED light gives the environment a luminous glow when picking your vintage; it’s like having an entire liquor store or grocery store right in your living space!
- The elegant fridge is designed for small spaces and can hold up to 18 bottles of your favorite wines at a time. It has the perfect temperature, as you’ll never have to worry about opening it too quickly or forgetting that bottle on the top shelf!
- The small built-in wine cooler restores the set temperature in the cooler after it is back on from power loss, which keeps your wine collections fresh for months. Made with a modern theme and contemporary styling to match any decor perfectly. To hold your wine better, we choose 6 high-quality wooden shelves that are removable for easy transport of delicate wines or beverage containers. In addition, each shelf has two stoppers so you have plenty of space to use! With 2 layers of tempered glass inside this fridge/wine cooler, it also provides stability so there’s no fogging inside the unit.
7. Phiestina 15 Inch 29 Bottle Built-in Wine Cooler
- With dual-zone temperatures, the refrigerator is perfect for storing wines of many varieties. With advanced compressor cooling and air circulation systems to keep your wine fresh, this product will revolutionize the way you enjoy fine wines.
- Experience the dual zone design that promises a discreet storage experience for both white wines at 40-50 degrees, and red wines at 50-66 degrees. Shelves are made from premium aluminum that’s been enameled steel coated to give it a luxury look, giving you even more versatility with where you can put it – freestanding or built-in installation!
- The 29-bottle capacity Phiestina(TM) 15 inch Built-in Wine Cooler takes your wine storage game to new lengths. With its automatic digital thermostat setting with LCD display, state-of-the-art compressor cooling technology, and reversible door hinge, this behemoth will keep all varietals in optimal condition with ease. And if you still think our product isn’t enough for all your needs then fear not!
8. FOOING 24 inch 46 Bottle Built-in Wine Cooler
- Chill your wine to the perfect temperature with FOOING’s compact design. Keep your small bottles of wine at a steady, cool temperature all the time with an upper zone that ranges from 40°F-50°F and a lower zone that ranges from 50°F-66°F. It can hold up to 46 standard Bordeaux bottles, so you’ll have plenty of space for larger or smaller bottlings.
- The FOOING Built-in Wine Cooler is vacuum insulated with reflective aluminum foil to maximize cooling. Maximizing storage space, the fridge is equipped with adjustable shelves that can be configured in three ways depending on your needs. The two zones are also perfect for keeping white and red wines at their ideal temperatures. Let this dual zone heavy-duty appliance keep all of your wine within arm’s reach while maintaining the most humidified environment possible!
- The double-tempered glass doors on this make it perfect for displaying your wine collection. When the sunlight starts to affect the quality of your wines, just put a piece of cardboard over the door to keep them safe from UV rays!
9. Kalamera 24″ Under Counter Built in Wine Cooler for Home
- With enough space to fit 20 bottles of wine and even 78 cans of beverages…you’ll never run out! The Kalamera not only keeps your drinks at the right temperature inside an elegant stainless steel finish, but it also has a left zone with independent temperature control that ranges from 40-66°F and a right zone with independent controls that range from 38-50°F.
- The Kalamera wine and beverage refrigerator with dual temp zones is an elegant addition to any home. The front-vending design makes it perfect for under-counter installation, while its stainless steel design will suit any décor. It features a French-style door that showcases your beautiful display of wines artfully without obscuring the vision inside.
- With this particular cooler, you’ll be able to reserve important items like expensive wine bottles by storing them in the temperature-controlled zone; without wasting time resetting the temperature every time there’s a power outage or accidental change in temperatures due to extreme weather conditions outside (upgrade your home décor with ease).
- Design to be elegant and high-quality the Kalamera 24″ Under Counter Built in Wine Cooler will enhance any home or bar décor with its interchangeable glass door.
10. EdgeStar CWR70SZ 6-Inch 7 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
- This best built-in wine cooler is perfect if you just need to store a small amount of wine. It stores 6 glasses, so it’s less than 39 inches wide, which means it can fit in any kitchen layout with ease. The tinted UV-resistant glass makes the quality, contents, and appearance totally visible! With stainless steel frames and doors plus digital controls, this sleek model will take your breath away.
- The EdgeStar CWR70SZ 6-Inch 7 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler is an ideal addition to cramped kitchens, tiny homes, and compact apartments. With a slim-fit design, this wine cooler will transform the smallest of spaces into the perfect wine nook with its 34.38″ height, 5.88″ Width, and 18.63″ depth measurements.
- Complete with a stainless steel frame and door handle, UV resistant glass window tinting for protection against sun damage or fading of labels on your bottles inside the wine storage, LED lights for creating mood lighting in any room it’s placed in while remaining energy efficient throughout its working life span of 45 years even when used constantly every day!
11. Zephyr Presrv 24 Inch 45 Bottle Capacity Built In Wine Cooler
- This sleek wine refrigerator is perfect for those who want to keep their favorite red, white, or rose wines chilled and ready to serve. The Zephyr 45 bottle capacity Freestanding or Built-In Wine Cooler features patented PreciseTemp temperature control and Active Cooling technology which maintains the ideal wine blend at 40 degrees Fahrenheit with a range of 40 to 65F.
- This convenient kitchen appliance holds up to 45 bottles of wine that can be kept inside its large-diameter 7-bottle rack for champagne and 3-color LED lights in cloud white, deep blue, and amber provide ambient lighting for your home bar. With electronic capacitive touch controls and vibration dampening system, this fridge also comes equipped with a door open alarm so you know when someone
- The freestanding or built-in design offers Active Cooling technology to control the perfect internal temperature no matter what time of year.
12. STAIGIS 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler
- The STAIGIS 15 Inch Wine Refrigerator is the perfect complement to your wine collection. Never worry about losing any precious wines in a hot or cold environment again. Not only can you store up to 30 bottles, but with digital temperature control and a sleek stainless steel frame, this product will look right at home in any kitchen, office, or bar setting. With 4 x 3 liters of capacity and adjustable temperature control (which can be displayed in both Fahrenheit and Celsius).
- With the STAIGIS 15 inch built-in wine cooler, you can store your collection of wines to preserve their flavors whether at home or in a professional setting. This economical, energy-efficient cooler maintains an even temperature throughout so that your prized wares are comfortable no matter the setting.
- The STAIGIS 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler is a beautiful and practical vintage wine chiller. The lower noise will allow your wine to breathe evenly while the stainless steel design and compact size (22.4″ x 14.9″ x 33.9″) make it ideal for smaller spaces like closets or pantries with limited space.
13. BODEGA 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler
- The BODEGA 15 Inch Built-in Wine Cooler is the one for you! This can hold up to 31 standard-sized bottles and even has a special shelf for champagne and pinot noir. Simple elegant and space-saving with a capable temperature range of 41°F – 68°F to keep your red fresh.
- The BODEGA wine cooler is 15 inches, giving your wine a comfortable home with space for 31 standard bottles. The design includes a shelf specially made for big jugs of champagne and pinot noir. You can use the temperature control to create an environment perfect for snuggling up on the couch with a glass of red.
- The BODEGA built-in wine cooler for 15 inches is made of durable steel and high-quality insulated panels. It’s available in four colors with different storage capacity-12 bottles, 18 bottles, 27 bottles, and 31 standard sizes (750 ml) wine bottles which is great if you have champagne or large pinot noir as well! Super space-saving design requires only 12″ x 24″(WxD). But don’t let its size fool you. A modern BODEGA cooling system with an advanced thermostat maintains the right temperature to store red wines at their peak flavor and body for up to five years!
- Using advanced compressor cooling and outstanding compressor vibration reduction gear, our wine fridge is much quieter than other models. The control panel has a LED temperature indicator with temperature control that allows you to program the wine storage temp. accurately. Touch screen control makes handling simple.
14. Antarctic Star 15″ Built-in Wine Cooler
- Utilizing Frost-Free Stainless Steel Door and Handle, Double Layered Tempered Glass Window, Sliding Beech Wooden Racks, this stylish showcase can match any of your furniture with its sleek design. The blue LED lighting gives you a clear view of the interior wine racks that are capable of holding numerous bottles in several different sizes. This space-saving device comes equipped to hold 28 bottles of wine at the same time!
- Featuring plenty of shelves for storage, metal brackets to prevent door racking tendencies, triple air filtration system with excellent heat transfer properties, Antarctic Star 15″ Built-in Wine Cooler Beverage Refrigerator is an investment-worthy purchase.
- This best built-in wine cooler is constructed of tempered glass and quality stainless steel to ensure your wine never spoils. With shelves that are adjustable, you can store just about any size bottle in this fridge – there’s room for 28 bottles!
- The front, top and sides of this unit are constructed with highly insulated stainless steel and aluminum for excellent cooling properties. A built-in digital thermostat allows you to set the perfect temperature for storing your most delicate bottles at their best quality. The double-layer glass door offers protection from harmful UV rays while still providing a full view of your exquisite collection.
Buying Guide for the Best Built-In Wine Cooler
Wine coolers are essential appliances for wine lovers. They let you store your favorite wines at the perfect temperature to preserve their taste and flavor. It is a great way to save money as well. If you buy your wine in bulk, it helps you save money by avoiding waste or spending too much on individual bottles that were stored at a high temperature.
The best built-in wine cooler can be expensive though, so making an investment before taking off for home is important because it lets you make sure the purchase will fit your needs properly. We’ve made things simpler with our guide below!
The capacity is the amount of bottles of wine the cooler can hold. You should know how many bottles you want to store in one go, and get a built-in wine cooler that will accommodate your collection. Consider upgrading if you’re looking to buy more than 10 bottles, because more space lets you shop at bulk discounts more often. It also makes it easier to host parties since everyone can come over and enjoy their favorite wines without having to worry about running out (unless they drink like fishes).
Vibration & Noise Control
Capacity isn’t just about quantity, but also quality! Capacity also refers to the number of square feet in your kitchen used up by it. If you’re going for a built-in wine cooler, be sure that it will fit with the built-in cabinets you already have. Measure around your space before buying one to ensure that there is enough room for the wine cooler. If you’re worried about vibrations and noise disturbing everyone else in the house, look up reviews of how quiet or noisy each product is.
It’s important to consider what kind of space you need, so let your imagination run wild! You can choose between a single door or double doors depending on whether you want easy access to all bottles with just one pull, or prefer something with more subtlety. The number of shelves also varies depending on how many bottles you plan on storing at once, as well as your personal preference for digging into them like an archaeologist every time you want to find that one special bottle.
Another feature you’ll need to take into account is the hinge position. Whether it’s on the right or left side, every wine cooler will open only one way since they’re built for your convenience (or lack thereof). The important thing to note here is the height of the opened door. You don’t want it hitting your fingertips repeatedly as a guillotine does with an immortal! That would hurt both your fingers and your wine. Some models offer wider doors which make them easier to open; others let you program them to open at certain angles depending on what’s better for you (i.e.: 60 degrees)
Temp controls are also very important because that’s what lets you store your wine at the perfect temperature. Most built-in wine coolers come with a lower shelf that can be programmed to a different temp than the top, making them ideal for red and white wines. Some models even let you choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit! You’ll also want to make sure it has a display or digital controls for more accuracy.
Design & Appearance
Looks should not tell whether something is right for you or not; it should only give an indication of how beautiful it might look in your kitchen (or wherever else you decide to put this brilliant contraption). Just like any other appliance, there are all sorts of designs out there which means options galore! There are units that blend into the cabinets perfectly, models that are flush with the wall, built-in cabinets that hold your wine collection and more. Just look around and find the right one for you!
Most people avoid built-in wine coolers because they’re afraid of the installation process. If you think that’s you, then worry no more! The truth of the matter is that installing a built-in cooler isn’t difficult at all thanks to the simple instructions provided alongside it. Some units even have an installation kit with them so you can fix their high tech brains into your low tech cabinets without any fuss! Just take your time and follow all the steps properly so there are no mishaps or accidents, because something like this should never happen…
Different coolers use different cooling technologies. That’s because not all wine drinkers are the same, and if you’re reading this then chances are that you aren’t just any old run of the mill drinker! Most come with dual-stage cooling which means they have preset levels for reds and whites. If your model doesn’t, then it’ll most likely let you manually control the temperature (in case you like living on the wild side). Some also let you choose between manual or automated temp control depending on how much of a hands-on kinda person you are.
Warranty & Reliability
Lastly, make sure to check out reviews online before buying anything. You might find someone who had an accident or experience terrible customer service (we all know that companies have a certain number of complaints before removing their listing from the showroom). If you do find something with a few bad reviews, then grab it while the price is low because you might never see another sale like this again! Even though we don’t always need to complete things in life, we usually prefer it when we can. And in some cases like these, installing a built-in wine cooler would be 100% complete and totally satisfactory…
As far as energy use goes, there’s usually not much to worry about. Most models use only around the same amount of electricity as your regular refrigerator and don’t produce any more heat than that! They’re built for convenience and functionality so they’ll look great and work perfectly inside your house. And that’s all we can ask for from a product like this, right?…
Price is always the most important to consider when shopping for anything. And it’s no different with built-in wine coolers (after all, who wants to spend over $1k on something like this?). But fear not! You can get your hands on a high tech unit that does everything you need at fantastic prices; just look around and find the right one for you…
Installation of Built-in Wine Coolers
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a wine fridge worth it?
A wine fridge is an excellent way to keep your favorite bottles of vino at the proper temperature. Your regular refrigerator likely gets opened and closed quite often, which can cause temperature fluctuations – this is harmful to wines! A good quality cooler will maintain a stable environment in order to nurture these delicious beverages longer than ever.
2. Can a wine fridge be built-in?
When installing a freestanding wine refrigerator under your counter, make sure that you have the right venting. Built-in fridges typically have vents on their front to dissipate heat and protect against damage from an overzealous heating situation–not so for installers stuck inside someone else’s kitchen!
3. Does a wine cooler need ventilation?
Do integrated wine coolers need ventilation? Yes, they do. Integrated models have a front ventilation system just like all other types of refrigerators and freezers out there with cooling appliances in them!
The perfect built in wine cooler is out there, and it’s time to find yours. Our team of experts will help you get the best size for your needs along with all of the features that are important to you. We want this article to be a starting point for researching what type of refrigerator might work best for you and we’ve provided some great resources below so that you can compare different brands and models before making any decisions.
When you decide to buy a built-in wine cooler, it’s important that you do your research first. This will not only give you the opportunity to find out more about what features are available on different models but also help determine which one is best for your needs and budget. We’ve provided some helpful information in this blog post; read through it before making any decisions!