Camping is an awesome way to spend your time in the great outdoors, but if you’re like me it’s important that when you leave my house for an extended period of time that I have everything with me. Having a camping griddle means not having to worry about whether or not the fire will be warm enough for cooking eggs and bacon in the morning; which can make or break your day! A griddle also makes clean-up easier because you don’t need to pack out grease.
A camping griddle allows for easy cooking while out in the open air. You won’t have to worry about setting up a stove or dealing with an electric grill that needs power from your car’s battery or generator. This article will help you understand what types of griddles are available and how they work so you can choose one that suits your needs best!
The best camping griddle is one that can withstand the rigors of outdoor cooking while being lightweight and easy to clean. These are some of the key features you should look for in a camping griddle. The following post will give you an overview of what makes a good, sturdy griddle for camping use. You’ll also learn about what not to buy so your next trip doesn’t turn into a disaster!
- List Of 9 Best Camping Griddle Reviews
- 1. Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Grill without Hood Propane Fuelled
- 2. Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill
- 3. Blackstone 1814 Propane Gas Portable Flat Top Griddle
- 4. XtremepowerUS 95524 Outdoor Propane Griddle Set Camping Stove
- 5. CUKOR Camping Griddle, Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop
- 6. Camp Chef Versatop Portable Flat Top Grill 250 and Griddle (FTG250)
- 7. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle
- 8. Lifesmart Griddle 270 Square Inch Cooking Surface Portable Tabletop Griddle
- 9. Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill
- How to Choose the Best Camping Griddle for Your Needs
- How To Grill on a Flat Top
- Frequently Asked Questions
Types of Camping Griddles
- Flat Griddles: These flat and wide griddles provide plenty of room for cooking multiple foods at once and can even fit more than one pan on top at one time! If you’re looking for a large griddling surface for your next family camping trip, this would be a perfect choice.
- Pancake Griddles: These griddles come with a shallow and wide cooking surface that is just right for making pancakes and other breakfast confections. Not only does it have a flat and smooth cooking surface that’s easy to use and clean, but it also comes with deep sides so you can get everything from pancake batter to scrambled eggs inside!
- Electric Griddles: If you want the ease of making pancakes without having to camp by a fire pit or propane burner, an electric griddle will make things very simple. No matter where you are going camping, there will be electricity available somewhere in most places – or at least outlets that can be hooked up to a generator.
- Cast Iron Griddles: These heavy griddles are constructed from cast iron and can last for years if properly maintained. They provide excellent heat retention, which means you’ll get even cooking across the entire surface! Also, delicious hash browns or other crispy breakfast foods will not stick to this kind of griddle due to its non-stick surface.
List Of 9 Best Camping Griddle Reviews
1. Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Grill without Hood Propane Fuelled
- The Blackstone Tabletop Gas Griddle is the perfect addition to any kitchen starter kit. This griddle was designed with convenience in mind and allows you to easily transport your cooking outside when using it for camping or tailgating. The easy-to-use electric igniter and built-in stand that flips upside down for storage make this best tabletop grill a must-have item.
- The no-fuss cleanup makes it so you can spend more time outdoors instead of cooking the food yourself. With an easy-to-use electric igniter, convenient 1-pound propane bottles for fuel, and a stand that flips upside down to save space after use – this best camping griddle will quickly become your new best friend when cooking outside.
- The Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Grill without Hood is perfect for any outdoor gathering due to its portability, sleek design, and large 260 square inches (15″ x 17″) grate surface. Made from sturdy 18 9/16 gauge 430 stainless steel with corrosion resistance under harsh conditions. The back stand features two foldable shelf levels for arranging and storing your food and equipment neatly and efficiently.
Why Choose this Product:
- Easy to transport and store
- The full-coverage lid retains heat and moisture
- Durable and easy to clean materials
2. Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill
- This grill is a top-rated cooking appliance that will quickly become your favorite outdoor cooking tool! With 18 versatile cooking positions including two 16 x 16 in. square burners and 180 sq. In for the grill and 255 sq. For flat top griddle, this gas grill is also one of the sturdiest grills you’ll find on the market today.
- The Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill is one of the most practical BBQ buys for those who love to go camping or RV traveling. Equipped with a griddle and firebox as well as easy transportation features such as kickstands and even handlebars (-EZ Pull), Camplux presents users with an unparalleled entertainment experience from its 180 sq. In. grill box alone. Fueled by propane at the push of a button, this grilling machine has two burners that can produce over 15, 000BTUs (each burner is 7, 500BTU). Whether you’re looking to entertain a backyard full of guests or get ready for your next camping trip, Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill allows you to cook up to 12 burgers at once!
- The Camplux propane gas griddle grill is at the top of our list for camping gear. This portable grill comes with a flat top griddle perfect for cooking pancakes or bacon side by side. With easy clean-up and weighing in at only 38 lbs, this 12 ft power cord-covered unit is perfect to make your campsite meal go smoothly. The aluminum frame resists deformation under high temperatures (+400F), made using 0.25 inches cold rolled steel cleaner which gives it optimal durability against rusting due to its anti-corrosion capabilities.
Why Choose this Product:
- Made with anti-corrosion aluminum alloy.
- Stand and handles included.
- Two 18, 000 BTU burners.
- 180 sq. inch cooking surface area.
3. Blackstone 1814 Propane Gas Portable Flat Top Griddle
- This best camping griddle can go anywhere – from tailgating to camping. Its sleek, lightweight design makes it the perfect portable cookware for all of your outdoor cooking needs.
- Unique stainless-steel grilling surface makes cooking almost anything possible – like hamburgers, pancakes, or bacon. If you’re looking for comfort food for your next backyard breakfasts in the great outdoors then look no further than our redesigned outdoor grill that weighs less than 15 pounds to store away in your trunk when it’s not needed.
- This Blackstone griddle is gas propane portable outdoor flat top griddle. It includes a surface for cooking, a ready light with low and high flame settings, and a non-stick coating to keep your food from sticking. Carry the stove anywhere with no worries of running out of fuel because it uses either natural or liquid petroleum as its fuel source. With nearly 2 million BTU per hour of output power, this grill is perfect for any event!
- The Blackstone 1814 is the perfect griddle for cooking a whole family breakfast at once, without having to use more than one pan. With 288 inches of grilling area and a drip tray made from extra-strong steel, now those dreaded cleanup jobs after bacon or burger night are handled with ease.
Why Choose this Product:
- Easy to clean and store.
- Includes a nonstick surface to make cleanup even easier.
- Indoor or outdoor, the Blackstone 1814 can be used in any weather!
4. XtremepowerUS 95524 Outdoor Propane Griddle Set Camping Stove
- The XtremepowerUS 95524 Outdoor Propane Griddle Set Camping Stove is the ultimate outdoor cooking system. This portable stove doesn’t have to sacrifice power or stability for convenience!
- Great for boating, camping, tailgating, or home cooking, no other small burner can do without a sturdy cast iron stand like the 95524. Professional stainless steel design; aluminum casting; 24-inch surface dimensions; blue flame control knob; and much more!
- This stove has two burners that produce up to 35,000 BTUs of heat, making it perfect for your tailgate grill, fish fryer, or outdoor cookout kitchen. The durable cast-iron construction supports the weight of pots and pans with xtreme stability while prepping meals away from home—without worrying about spills.
- It comes with 2 adjustable premium burners. The maximum high performance of 58, 000 BTU will cook your favorite dishes quickly and evenly. It also comes equipped with a set of cooking ware including a flat shovel, regular shovel, spoon with holes, clamp brush supporter griddle plate pot.
Why Choose this Product:
- Great for camping and campfires
- Propane tank lasts long
- Makes cooking fun and easy
- Easy to Assemble and use
5. CUKOR Camping Griddle, Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop
- Cooking is so much better when you can see your food, and this Camping Griddle from CUKOR is here to make it happen.
- The griddle fits across one burner, and it’s made of aluminum for even heat distribution and features a convenient non-stick coating. It has a size of 14.96″ x 8.66,” which fits CUKOR, Power XL Smokeless Grills – just in case you want to turn it into an indoor griddle too!
- Easily cook on outdoor or indoor stovetops with maximum flexibility. A large surface area assures you’ll never oversaturate your meal after overcrowding it in a pan. Unlike traditional cast iron plates that are heavy and cumbersome, the best camping griddles are well-designed to be easy to carry and tough enough to withstand camping trips and other outdoor activities.
- The single burner griddle measures 9 x 14 inches and heats quickly on your gas range, offering an even cooking or heating surface to cook foods you love! Non-stick coating lets us know that the messiest food will come off without much elbow grease–making it easier than ever before to enjoy your time outdoors.
Why Choose this Product:
- The griddle is big enough to cook for a big family
- The non-stick coating makes it easy to clean and maintain the griddle
- With one of the most durable construction materials, this is a must-have for outdoor
6. Camp Chef Versatop Portable Flat Top Grill 250 and Griddle (FTG250)
- When you’re looking for the perfect outdoor meal, there’s nothing like the Camp Chef Versatop Portable Flat Top Grill 250 and Griddle (FTG250). With its lightweight design and powerful 15,000 BTU burner, this grill will give you complete control over your next cookout.
- Not only does the FTG250 have adjustable leg levelers to make it easy to cook on uneven terrain; but it also has folding legs that make it easy to carry and store. And because it runs on 1-pound propane canisters (not included), you’ll never have to worry about running out of gas during dinner!
- With the ability to work with many Camp Chef 14″ accessories, including those from the BB30L & PZ30 series, this versatile grill can be used in a variety of ways. So whether you need to cook for two or five people, this flat top griddle has got you covered.
- The camp chef flat-top grill is equipped with an adjustable leg leveler, so you never have to worry about stability. It’s powered by 1-lb propane canisters (not included), and compatible with Camp Chef 14″ accessories such as the BB30L & PZ30.
Why Choose this Product:
- A very versatile cooking appliance that you can use for a variety of applications.
- This griddle is designed for easy portability and folds into itself for compact storage.
- Has a large, durable cooking surface made from 304 stainless steel
7. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle
- Make sure you have a quality tabletop gas grill for your next tailgating or camping trip—one that’s easy to use, quick to assemble and disassemble, and won’t take up too much space in your car.
- The Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle is the perfect tool for your next outdoor cooking event. It’s easy to use; just push the integrated piezo igniter and light it up. You can also control the heat with a simple turn of a knob, so cooking is fast, even, and delicious.
- This griddle is perfect for any type of outdoor cooking event. With three insulated burners producing 25,500 BTUs of power, all you’ll have to do is a simple push of an integrated piezo igniter to light it up. The heat goes from low all the way to high heat depending on where you want to cook!
- With a 316 sq. in., this tabletop grill is perfect for all your grilling, cooking, baking, and roasting needs-even use as a griddled! The griddle top has an easily detachable design for washing with no fuss or intricate assembly to deal with prior to cooking like other models.
Why Choose this Product:
- The tabletop size is perfect for all your grilling
- High-Quality Stainless Steel Burner with Piezo Igniter
- Detachable griddle top that can be washed in the sink
8. Lifesmart Griddle 270 Square Inch Cooking Surface Portable Tabletop Griddle
- If you’re looking for a portable tabletop griddle to cook up your favorite foods, look no further than the Lifesmart Griddle 270 Square Inch Cooking Surface Portable Tabletop Grill.
- This grill is ideal for cooking breakfast, lunch, or an outdoor dinner for a family of four. The Lifesmart stove measures 17 inches long and 16 inches wide and features one stainless steel reversible burner for even heat distribution to make sure there are no hot spots, ensuring perfect food every time. This handheld grill also features a powder-coated steel finish and offers 270 square inches of cooking surface (17″L x 16″W).
- It’s easy to set up with two caster wheels for mobility and an accompanying carrying handle so there’s no need to remove it from your grill or oven. Cooks food evenly on 15000BTU propane-powered heating elements which can easily be operated via manual controls or automatic.
- This lifesmart griddle is the perfect portable tabletop propane gas-powered, cast iron cooking surface for all of you outdoor cooks out there! Now you can cook breakfast for dinner! Now you can cook breakfast for dinner! Cook up everything from bacon and eggs to burgers and hot dogs with ease on our 15000BTU reversible cast-iron burner that heats up quickly to an even temperature of 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why Choose this Product:
- Easy to set up and easy to use!
- The even cooking surface allows you to cook with confidence.
- Very well built, sturdy material.
9. Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill
- The Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill will take your outdoor cooking skills to the next level. This 278-square inch grill cooks for 2-3 people and features a 13,000 BTU gas burner, allowing it to reach temperatures up to 425°F (218°C). The heavy-duty cold-rolled steel griddle is easy to clean so you can keep serving your family delicious, nutritious food for years to come.
- The Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill stands at 16.9 x 16.5 x 8.2 inches and weighs only 21 lbs; it’s perfect for cooking dishes for one or two! You can use this gas griddle inside or on your patio, balcony, RV, camping ground, tents…
- Why spend hundreds of dollars on a camping stove when you can have a portable grill that will help you cook at home and out in nature? The Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill is the perfect travel companion, with strong foldable legs and a sturdy handle so it’s easy to bring along.
- Whether you’re preparing an impromptu picnic or a family barbecue, the Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill will help you create amazing meals in minutes.
Why Choose this Product:
- Compact design.
- High-quality material.
- Easy to use.
How to Choose the Best Camping Griddle for Your Needs
When you’re choosing a camping griddle, you’ll want to consider your cooking needs while on the road. Will you be cooking for just yourself? Maybe you have a family of four or five people. How about larger groups? No matter what size group you have, there are some great products out there that will fit your needs perfectly. You can get smaller products if you are traveling solo, while larger griddles work well for feeding an entire army.
Another factor in choosing camping griddles is the type of material they are made from. Some are aluminum with non-stick surfaces so cleanup is very easy. They also do not rust or corrode easily because of this coating. If non-stick surfaces are not something you like, you can get camping griddles that are stainless steel or pans that are cast iron. You’ll want to make sure you clean them properly to avoid rust and food sticking.
Ease of use
Ease of use is another important factor when shopping for a lightweight griddle. Will the product be easy to store in your backpack? What about transportation? If it’s too heavy or bulky, it might not be the best choice for your needs. No matter what size of guerilla cooking kit you have, there is an awesome camping griddle out there for both large and small groups of people!
Temperature control is very important when it comes to cooking. You’ll want a camping griddle that has heat control so you can adjust the temperature easily. If the griddle doesn’t have built-in controls, you’ll want to make sure it’s easy to use with your camp stove or another heating source.
Surface Cooking Area
The size of the cooking surface is another thing to consider. Do you want a super-small griddle for one person? Maybe you need something large enough to feed an army! Also think about how many people will be using the camping griddle at once. If there are just two of you, a small breakfast griddle with a 10″ cooking surface will work well. However, if you have four family members that love pancakes, then it might be wise to look into getting one with a larger surface area.
Burners and Heat Sources
Last but not least, you’ll need to decide on a griddle that is compatible with your heat source and burner. For example, if you plan on cooking over an open campfire pit or fire-ring, then you’ll want to get a cast iron pan that has heat control so the temperature can be adjusted easily. You’ll also want it to fit on top of most common cooking surfaces such as little round stones or rocks. If using propane, kerosene, white gas or similar stove fuel sources is your plan for grilling up some flapjacks or bacon and eggs, make sure there are side lips along the edges of the surface plate.
Camping griddles are usually constructed from cast iron, aluminum, or stainless steel. Some might have a non-stick coating for easy cooking and cleaning, while others can be seasoned overtime to help food not stick to the surface. Stainless steel griddles are also easy to clean due to their non-stick properties. However, you’ll need to watch out for scratches that could allow rust spots over time.
For camping griddles with control panels on either side of the pan, look for one where the controls are protected by stainless steel walls so they won’t be accidentally bumped during transport. Also, make sure your propane tank will fit inside the storage space provided along with it! If you’re looking for an easy way to transport your lightweight griddle, some brands even come with a convenient carrying strap and handle.
Since you’ll likely want to bring your pan back home after a camping trip or two, you should only purchase the griddle that is easiest for you to travel with. If it doesn’t come with its own carrying strap, then look for one that does. You can also find some models where the handle doubles as a hook-and-loop strap, making it easier to hang up on metal hooks when not in use!
If you’re eager to master cooking over an open fire pit but don’t know where to start, using a camping griddle will make things much simpler. With this type of versatile kitchen appliance at your fingertips, there’s no limit to what kind of oven-baked dishes and tasty breakfast foods you can try out!
When you’re looking for a griddle to use while camping, weight can be an important factor. If it doesn’t come with its own carrying strap, look for one that has pockets where the propane tank can fit inside when not in use. This will make it easier to transport without having to carry the entire thing around all day long.
Also, remember that lightweight does not always mean low quality! There are plenty of affordable options under five pounds, found easily online by searching specifically for “lightweight griddles.” You’ll also find some great deals on Amazon!
When choosing a camping griddle, make sure it will fit your desired cooking style. For example, if you want to be able to do double duty as a smoker while out in the woods, look for one with extra grill space. This way you can smoke delicious meats and vegetables at the same time! If using propane or other liquid fuel sources is your primary plan, then make sure that there are also side lips around the edges of the surface plate. This creates an easy carrying spot for your bottle of liquid fuel when not in use.
Regardless of what type of product you purchase, it’s always a good idea to make sure the one you get is fully backed by a warranty. Looking for griddles with at least a one-year warranty and five years or more is ideal.
Another important consideration when choosing a camping griddle is its size. You can find these useful cooking tools in an array of different dimensions, so it’s best to determine what type of food you plan on preparing before making your purchase. For instance, if you’re planning on making large quantities of pancakes for the entire family, then a griddle with at least a 20″ x 12″ cooking area will be perfect!
To make sure the pan is big enough for whatever you need it to do, measure out the length and width to see if it fits your needs. Also, consider that a bigger surface plate may allow more heat retention and even heat distribution – which makes it easier to control the temperature during preparation.
Most griddles are not dishwasher safe, so you’ll need to rinse them out with some hot water after each use. However, if your camping griddle has a non-stick coating, cleaning may be as simple as rubbing off remaining food scraps with a paper towel or dish cloth. Some users even recommend using dish soap and hot water every so often – since the rust-resistant surface of stainless steel models does not corrode during the process!
Most camping griddles are 100% safe to use over a fire. However, if you’re looking to purchase one that has nonstick coatings – then be careful not to scratch it with metal utensils during use! If the coating is damaged, it’s important to note that food could begin sticking to the surface of your pan after heating it up. Also, avoid using sharp objects or metal spatulas when cooking on stainless steel or cast iron models since they can cause pitting in the surface plate.
How To Grill on a Flat Top
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are griddles good for camping?
If you’re going camping, it’s important to have the right cooking equipment. Griddles are one of those essential things for making breakfast or frying eggs on! So if griddle-sitting isn’t an option this time around and there is no other way to avoid using a pan at home before your trip – just pack up some cast iron pans from Bass Pro Shop because they’ll be able to cook anything with ease over open flame sources like campfires or fires where wood chips may already exist as a fuel source.
2. Can you use a griddle on a camp stove?
These griddles are a great way to add that special flavor and flair when camping. You can use them on your fire or stove, but they’re also ideal for cooking over an open flame because the pan has metal handles which keeps it stable so you don’t have any spills while using these pots at high heat temperatures!
3. Is a griddle safer than a grill?
Grills and griddles give off more smoke than fire, so they should be placed near open flames in order to avoid any flare-ups. Food cooked on these surfaces are less likely to catch fire since it’s not being heated directly by the flame but instead sits at a safe distance away underhood ventilating systems with an exhaust fan above head constantly rinsing out hot ash particles from previous cooks.
4. How does a camping grill work?
Butane camp stoves work by burning butane as fuel. The small, easy-to-pack cylinder contains all you need for this type of stove including propane canisters that attach directly or through hoses to create the desired output temperature range from boiling water over coals all way down into minus temps suitable for use on an open fire!
5. Can you use cast iron on a camp stove?
Cast iron is the best pan for camping because it can be used over an open flame without damage. You should never leave your cast iron behind when going on a trip as it will last much longer than any other type of pots and pans that are flimsier in nature.
6. Does food taste better on a griddle?
The meat has the regular taste of pan-seared or sautéed food, unlike that resulting from grills. That being said, foods cooked on a frying pan will have a crispy layer due to contact with the cooking surface when it’s over an open flame like a burner top (a typical cooktop).
Camping is a great way to spend time in the outdoors, but it can be hard if you’re not prepared. A camping griddle ensures that your cooking will go smoothly and also makes clean-up easier because you don’t need to pack out grease! Don’t get caught unprepared on your next camping trip with the best camping griddles for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
A camping griddle is a must-have for all outdoor cooking enthusiasts. The best ones are lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. You also want one that has enough surface area for your needs but is not too big so it doesn’t take up valuable space in your backpack or car trunk. If you’re looking for the perfect addition to your next trip into the great outdoors, we’ve got just what you need! Check out our list of some of the best campers on the market today and get ready to cook like never before with this ultimate guide to finding an excellent camping griddle.