A wok is a round-bottomed cooking utensil that can be used on gas or electric stoves. They are usually made of carbon steel, although there are other types available. The best carbon steel wok is a must-have in your kitchen. It’s perfect for stir-fries, deep-frying, and more because it can withstand high temperatures. But what if you don’t know how to choose the right one?
Carbon steel pans are extremely durable since they are made from high-quality materials that are meant to last a lifetime. They’re also very affordable which makes them an ideal choice for any budget-conscious chef or home cook who wants professional-grade cooking equipment in their kitchen arsenal.
A carbon steel wok is one of the best cooking utensils that can be used in any kitchen. It is easy to use, provides even heat distribution, and has a long lifespan. With its sleek design and durable construction, the carbon steel wok is an excellent addition to any kitchen.
After reading this write, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about which wok is best for you. You’ll find out what types of materials are used in making these versatile pots and pans, how they will affect cooking times and techniques, as well as some recommendations from the experts on which brands are worth your hard-earned money based on their durability and versatility.
- List Of 12 Best Carbon Steel Wok Reviews
- 1. Big 16 Inch Heavy Canton Style Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Wok
- 2. KYTD 2.5 inch Nonstick Fry Carbon Steel Wok
- 3. KYTD 13.4″ Carbon Steel Wok Pan
- 4. Letschef Preseasoned Carbon Steel Wok
- 5. BK Black Steel Seasoned Carbon Steel Wok
- 6. Souped Up Carbon Steel Wok For Electric, Induction and Gas Stoves
- 7. Ecolution Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok with Soft Touch Riveted Handles
- 8. School of Wok Star 12″ Carbon Steel Wok
- 9. Homeries Carbon Steel Wok Pan
- 10. Yosukata Carbon Steel Wok Pan
- 11. Bielmeier 14 Inch Carbon Steel Wok with Wok Ring
- 12. Goodful Carbon Steel Wok, Hammered Pow Wok with Wooden Lid
- What to Consider When Buying a Carbon Steel Wok
- How to Clean Your Carbon Steel Wok?
- How to Season New Carbon Steel Wok
List Of 12 Best Carbon Steel Wok Reviews
1. Big 16 Inch Heavy Canton Style Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Wok
- The Craft Wok Big 16 Inch Heavy Canton Style Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Wok is the highest quality carbon steel wok you can buy. It’s constructed from a single sheet of highly durable, hand-hammered to create a traditional look and protect against warping over time while also providing excellent heat distribution for searing, stir-frying, steaming, and deep-frying!
- This premium carbon steel wok features a nonstick surface treated with titanium-infused oil giving an excellent performance without harmful chemicals leaching into food. The dense metal heats quickly and evenly making it perfect for searing meats or vegetables (or both at once!). It also has a large capacity making it perfect for large family meals or parties where everyone wants their own dish going at once.
- The Craft Wok Big 16 Inch Heavy Canton Style Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Wok is functional and versatile with a large capacity, perfect for stir-frying. The high-quality craftsmanship of this best carbon steel wok will provide years of cooking enjoyment, while the dome shape allows for less oil usage and retains heat well.
- Capable of both steaming and frying, it can serve all your needs for stir-frying, boiling dumplings or other appetizers, deep frying crisp fritters like hot dogs or plantains, or anything else that suits your fancy. It makes an excellent large pot to cook up sauces like chili oil.
Why Choose this Product:
- Very durable and strong
- Excellent heat distribution
- The dome shape allows for less oil usage and retains heat well
2. KYTD 2.5 inch Nonstick Fry Carbon Steel Wok
- With the KYTD 2.5 inch Nonstick Fry Carbon Steel Wok, you can make authentic Asian dishes with a modern flair. The pan has a heavy body that’s built to last and it’s easy to use thanks to its riveted handles.
- The fish scale shape of the pan increases the smoothness, reducing the likelihood of food sticking. With strong riveted handles and a bottom that is even on all sides, this best carbon steel wok is comfortable to hold and easy to control. High-quality materials make this pan durable enough for everyday use – it’ll be your go-to tool for pulling off authentic Asian dishes mixed with modern flair!
- This professional-quality wok has a heavy body that’s built to last, as well as a riveted handle for a secure grip and effortless cooking ability as it heats up fast and evenly during use. The riveted handles are comfortable to hold on to while stir-frying ingredients quickly over high levels of heat. Dimples at the bottom prevent bubbling up which maximizes cooking surface space on flat top ranges or electric skillet coils where food can easily burn if left too long without stirring once in a while!
- This KYTD 2.5 inch Nonstick Fry Carbon Steel Wok with six long durable ergonomic handles, clad on the inside for heat distribution and easy food maneuverability. The wok has a glass lid to keep the cooking status visible while reducing the fuss of stirring, frequently attending to the dish.
- It uses induction heating to maintain temperatures and has a durable stainless steel handle with an ergonomic grip. With optimal balance and a heavy bottom pan, this fry wok heats up quickly without sticking!
Why Choose this Product:
- The high-quality nonstick coating makes it easy to clean up!
- Strong riveted handles
- Heats up fast and evenly during use
3. KYTD 13.4″ Carbon Steel Wok Pan
- The KYTD 13.4″ Carbon Steel Wok Pan is a stylish, sturdy option for your kitchen. This pan is made of carbon steel, which is durable and can withstand high temperatures. The pan has been pre-seasoned with a special technique that makes it safe for you to cook your favorite dishes with traditional Chinese methods like stir-frying or deep frying. The ergonomic handle helps you feel comfortable while cooking for long periods of time.
- The round bottom of this wok is perfect for stir-frying, but it can also be used at angles for deep frying or boiling. This best carbon steel wok from China will complement your kitchen cookware beautifully! Unleash your creativity with this heat-resistant vessel with flexible features!
- This wok is the perfect size to cook up family-sized stir-fries. The pristine non-stick surface means you can serve scrumptious meals without all the hassle of dealing with spatulas and dried food residue, so you can spend more time with friends and family instead.
Why Choose this Product:
- Very sturdy and well-made.
- Cooks really well with its smooth cooking surface.
- The ergonomic handle helps you feel comfortable.
4. Letschef Preseasoned Carbon Steel Wok
- The Letschef Preseasoned Carbon Steel Wok is a versatile tool for any kitchen. Weighing in at a mere 3 pounds, this wok is easy to use and can be used on any stovetop, including induction.
- This wok pan does not rust and is non-stick, made of carbon steel, and pre-seasoned at high temperatures, creating a durable nonstick surface(NOT chemical coating). The elegant design is perfect for home cooking. The ergonomic bamboo handle provides a comfortable grip to avoid accidents like burning your hands.
- The Letschef Preseasoned Carbon Steel Wok allows you to cook all kinds of dishes including stir-fries, steamed vegetables, and more! It’s perfect for grilling outside as well; just add some charcoal briquettes to start the fire then place your food directly on top of the grill grates while they’re still hot from lighting them up!
- A carbon steel wok is the best way to have a healthy stir-fry. Meat, vegetables, and noodles are evenly cooked when they’re tossed around in this 14-inch carbon steel wok that weighs only 3 lbs. You can replicate your favorite takeout with the lightweight-weight traditional Chinese wok for women! After cooking simply wash it by hand and dry immediately with paper towels before seasoning the food again-make sure you lubricate it with neutral cooking oil after each use.
Why Choose this Product:
- Durable and long-lasting
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Elegant design
5. BK Black Steel Seasoned Carbon Steel Wok
- Woks are the ultimate tool for any skilled chef. The 12″ BK Black Steel Seasoned Carbon Steel Wok is the perfect addition to your kitchen, producing constant results and having a durable construction that withstands wear and tears while still maintaining its quality after each use.
- When you’re done cooking, it’s easy to clean up thanks to its flat base that makes it perfect for rice and noodles. Plus, with this powerful pot, you can cook on top of your stove or as a solo pot! This wok is crafted from lightweight yet durable pre-seasoned carbon steel that will develop its own nonstick patina layer with use-enhancing the flavors of any dish you cook without needing to scrub away at pesky food residue.
- Constructed with three times more dense than aluminum but much stronger and more durable, this professional wok provides top-quality cooked foods without breakdowns whether in the oven up to 600°F or over a direct heat source like grill tops or open flame.
- It has been crafted from high-quality materials so it is sleek and lightweight in your hands. You’ll never want to go back once you start cooking with the wok!
Why Choose this Product:
- Sleek and lightweight
- Great quality and sturdy
- Easy to clean
6. Souped Up Carbon Steel Wok For Electric, Induction and Gas Stoves
- The Souped Up Carbon Steel Wok For Electric, Induction, and Gas Stoves is the perfect addition to any kitchen! Whether you’re looking for a cooking tool that’s versatile and durable or just want something that works, this wok has you covered. The carbon steel material makes it resistant to rust, so you won’t have to worry about your pan getting damaged. It also has a flat bottom, which makes it great for cooking stir-fries, deep-frying, and stews—you won’t have to worry about uneven heat distribution like with other woks on the market.
- The original carbon steel wok works on electric stoves, gas ranges, and more! Made with superior materials, this wok is not only functional but looks great too with a stainless steel exterior. Inside you’ll find an induction disc base to maintain optimum cooking temperature.
- This Carbon Steel Wok has three properties that make it enormously versatile: Cooking using different heat sources without the risk of burning food because the bottom is flat. Stir-frying, deep-frying, or pan-searing with no use of oil makes soup and stew as well as stir-fries by boiling water in the kettle first and then flipping it partway through to cook all sides.
Why Choose this Product:
- Accurate heat distribution
- Larger surface area for faster cooking
- Sturdy and easy to clean
7. Ecolution Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok with Soft Touch Riveted Handles
- The Ecolution Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok is the perfect cooking pan for your stir fry and other tasty dishes. Featuring a non-stick coating that is PFOA Free, this Wok is safe for you and the environment, but still gives you all the flavor you expect from your favorite recipes.
- With its flat base allowing it to sit directly on the burner ensuring the most accurate temperature control possible, this wok will make sure your dish cooks evenly from edge to center without having everything get burnt. The pan can go on the stove without touching the bottom so it’s perfect for electric, gas, or glass-ceramic cooktops!
- The Ecolution Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok is a safe, versatile cooking pan that features a non-stick coating that is PFOA Free and safe for you and the environment. Use it on a variety of stovetops including Electric, Gas, or Glass Ceramic to cook up your favorite stir fry! With its flat base allowing it to sit directly on the burner ensuring the most accurate temperature control possible this wok will make sure your dish cooks evenly from edge to center without having everything get burnt.
- Cooking anything from stir fry to deep frying will be easy in this versatile product that comes complete with two High-Quality Soft Touch Riveted Handles. This product creates no more mess because of its Removable Silicone Handle Grip under each handle which makes lifting especially easy – plus they are dishwasher safe too!
Why Choose this Product:
- Dishwasher safe
- Removable silicone handle grip
- Safe for you and the environment
8. School of Wok Star 12″ Carbon Steel Wok
- The School of Wok Star 12″ Carbon Steel Wok is a wonderful addition to your kitchen. Made from steel with an artisanal touch, these traditional materials ensure durability. This wok can easily cook for 2-4 people when flash-frying or stir-frying. It should be hand washed only and seasoned before use!
- School of Wok Star Woks is made from the best materials for authentic Asian cuisine. Somewhere between a frying pan and a saucepan, these versatile pans are made to be used over high heat on the stovetop, as well as in an oven or under a broiler. Season with oil before use, then toss in your favorite vegetables or proteins for perfect dishes every time!
- School of Wok Star 12″ Carbon Steel Wok in Silver is an uncompromising reflection of Jeremy Pang’s knowledge of the Chinese kitchen.
Why Choose this Product:
- Durable construction
- Perfectly flat bottom for easy cooking
- Made to be used over high heat on the stovetop, as well as in an oven or under a broiler
9. Homeries Carbon Steel Wok Pan
- The Homeries Carbon Steel Wok Pan is a classic cookware piece that will add a touch of elegance to your kitchen. This wok is made of carbon steel, which allows you to sear food at a high temperature and gives it a delicious taste and aroma. It includes 2 spatulas designed for stirring food without scratching it, as well as a wooden lid that seals in flavor. The compact size easily accommodates any burner top or stovetop to accommodate your needs.
- The pan is made of carbon steel which allows you to sear food at a high temperature, giving it a delicious taste and aroma. With two spatulas included alongside the wooden lid, this wok set also comes complete with all the tools you need for cooking your favorite dish. All individual pieces can be used on gas or electric stovetop ranges without emitting any harmful fumes into the air as traditional nonstick pans do!
- Cast iron or Carbon Steel woks are ideal for high heat, and long cooking times with flavors becoming more developed over time. With this wok, you can cook healthier versions of traditional recipes like Pad Thai and Chicken Chow Mein without sacrificing taste or flavor. The ergonomic wooden handle wraps snugly around the pan so it feels secure during stirring and with continued use will help secure a firm grip under extreme.
Why Choose this Product:
- It is well constructed and very sturdy.
- The coated nonstick surface is very easy to clean
- Firm handle
10. Yosukata Carbon Steel Wok Pan
- Prepare for a taste of true Chinese cuisine with YOSUKATA’s 14″ Carbon Steel Wok Pan. This large stir-fry pan features an ergonomic handle design for easy grip and storage versatility – perfect if you want to take this cooking utensil on the go!
- Made from high-quality, food-grade stainless steel that is non-toxic with a pre-seasoned surface that’s ready to use without additional oiling. The 14″ round bottom wok lasts longer than the 16″ flat bottom variety because it evenly distributes heat so your garlic doesn’t burn in one spot.
- The 14″ round griddle has an easy-to-use ergonomic handle. The Yosukata wok works great for home cooks using low heat, as well as high heat stovetop cooking. Made from high-quality, food-grade stainless steel that is non-toxic with a pre-seasoned surface that’s ready to use without additional oiling. The 14″ round bottom wok lasts longer than the 16″ flat bottom variety because it evenly distributes heat so your garlic doesn’t burn in one spot.
Why Choose this Product:
- Ergonomic handle design for easy grip and storage versatility
- Round bottom for even heat distribution
- Very lightweight and easy to clean
11. Bielmeier 14 Inch Carbon Steel Wok with Wok Ring
- This 14-inch carbon steel wok is great for stir-frying, searing, and deep-frying. The flat bottom of the wok allows you to sear the meat in your dish before it begins cooking in moist heat. The two handles make moving easy when transferring hot material out of the wok while still maintaining close proximity to flame; never get too far away from your dish!
- Made from carbon steel and weighing close to five pounds, this wok requires oven-safe cookware that’s up to the task of supporting its weight. This hefty wok also ensures that flames are distributed evenly when stir-frying – something flat surfaces can’t always achieve. The wok is finished with a no-wipe interior coating for easy clean-up, even in areas where ingredients may have dripped off the sides during cooking.
- This wok is made of high-quality materials (1.8MM carbon steel), transfers heat more efficiently, searing foods more effectively than woks of other materials, and retains heat longer.
Why Choose this Product:
- The two handles make moving easy when transferring hot material out of the wok
- Made of high-quality materials
- Solid carbon steel wok ensures optimal heat distribution
12. Goodful Carbon Steel Wok, Hammered Pow Wok with Wooden Lid
- The Goodful Carbon Steel Wok is the perfect cooking tool for those who want authentic Thai cuisine. This wok has been designed with a carbon steel construction that allows you to cook on any surface and an easy-to-clean non-stick finish. The wooden handle is comfortable and sturdy, so you can use it for years to come without worrying about it breaking apart from heavy use! This wok also comes with a lid so you can store leftovers or keep your food warm while you’re cooking.
- This 13″ flat bottom wok has a thick bottom which makes it ideal for quick cooking styles such as stir fry or grilled fish. And because this wok has such a large surface area, it’s easy to switch up flavors by adding different ingredients as they cook.
- Designed with maximum control in mind, the ergonomic handle combines comfort with excellent balance and form to make it possible for you to really get cooking!
- Just the right size for cooking large meals, this wok is perfect for everyone. Made with 100% carbon steel, the natural non-stick allows food to effortlessly glide out of the wok and makes clean up easy after each use.
Why Choose this Product:
- Large surface area
- The wooden handle is comfortable and sturdy
- Superb heat distribution ensures even cooking
What to Consider When Buying a Carbon Steel Wok
A carbon steel wok is a workhorse in the kitchen. It heats up quickly and evenly, it’s durable, and stands up to constant use. Carbon steel is preferred by many chefs because of its ability to upgrade with age. A carbon steel wok can be seasoned to become naturally nonstick over time simply through repeated use. And while most people think of stir-frying when they hear “wok”, there are all kinds of other dishes that benefit from its high heat conduction and generous cooking surface area: deep-fried seafood, caramelized vegetables with sweet Asian spices, or even crunchy roasted Brussels sprouts.
When buying a carbon steel wok there are several factors to consider depending on what you plan to use it for. If you’re a novice or an occasional chef, look for a carbon steel wok with a flat bottom and metal handles. This will make it the most versatile option for any stovetop cooking surface from gas stoves to electric induction cooktops. For experienced chefs, or those who are looking to cook on the grill or over an open fire, check out our selection of cast iron woks that can be used directly over coals.
Material & construction
Woks are traditionally made from cast iron or carbon steel. They can also be made out of stainless steel, copper, or nonstick materials.
The traditional material for wok cooking is cast iron. It’s durable and conducts heat very well which helps you control the temperature by adjusting the stovetop burner power level. The downsides are that it’s heavy, takes a longer time to heat up, requires extra care when cleaning due to its porous nature, and is prone to rust if not properly seasoned and cared for. We recommend cast iron for experienced cooks who plan on making use of their outdoor grill or campfire cooking options.
Carbon Steel & Carbon-Clad
Carbon steel and carbon-clad woks offer the benefit of very quick heating which some chefs prefer for stir-frying. They heat up quickly on a stovetop burner and can reach temperatures as high as 500°F (260°C). Carbon steel is favored by many professional chefs because it does not require seasoning like cast iron and can develop a naturally nonstick surface over time through normal use. Problems with poor quality woks are well documented so check out our recommended brands here
Stainless steel woks are generally less popular than their cast iron or carbon steel counterparts. Like other stainless cookware, they have excellent durability but will not increase in value over time due to oxidation. If you’re looking for something that will hold up to years of frequent use, stainless steel is a good option.
Some woks are made with nonstick coatings to help make them easier to maintain and clean. They can be an excellent choice if you have problems with food sticking to the cooking surface or if you plan on using your carbon steel wok in an oven. Nonstick coatings can also provide some benefits when it comes time to do dishes since they require less scrubbing after use. While generally not as durable as cast iron or carbon steel, non-toxic PTFE coated cookware is gaining popularity over traditional Teflon cookware due to its durability and eco-friendly nature.
Non-stick coatings are generally made from Teflon, a brand name for polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE, the most slippery substance in existence. And while non-stick coating technology has been around since the 1940s when it was originally introduced to the market by Dupont (the makers of Teflon), there is still some controversy over its safety and environmental impact due to perfluorinated compounds used during chemical synthesis. If you plan on cooking with your carbon steel wok we recommend purchasing a model that uses a ceramic non-stick coating instead of Teflon or PTFE. The quality of non-stick isn’t affected like it is with Teflon and ceramic is a naturally occurring substance that is more easily recycled than Teflon.
While carbon steel, or indeed cast iron, woks can be used on any kind of stovetop, the thickness of the materials has a direct impact on how well your wok will conduct and retain heat. Carbon steel woks range in thickness from 1 mm to 1.8 mm and thicker is typically better. Thicker carbon steel woks retain heat longer and can take more abuse than thinner ones. However, this does come at a price as thicker carbon steel woks also tend to be more expensive. If you’re looking for something easy to use on both induction cooktops as well as open fires and charcoal grills, we recommend our 2 mm carbon steel wok .
While carbon steel, or indeed cast iron, woks can be used on any kind of stovetop, the thickness of the materials has a direct impact on how well your wok will conduct and retain heat. Carbon steel woks range in thickness from 1 mm to 1.8 mm and thicker is typically better. Thicker carbon steel woks retain heat longer and can take more abuse than thinner ones. However, this does come at a price as thicker carbon steel woks also tend to be more expensive. If you’re looking for something easy to use on both induction cooktops as well as open fires and charcoal grills, we recommend it.
Like cast iron, carbon steel woks can either be hand-hammered or molded. Hand-hammered carbon steel woks offer the advantage of a thicker and more durable cooking surface but come at a price point significantly higher than their molded counterparts. If you’re interested in investing in a hand-hammered carbon steel wok we recommend taking a look at our selection.
When it comes to buying your first carbon steel wok, consider if you want metal (typically stainless steel) or wooden handles. Using metal implements around your carbon steel wok will prevent discoloration and add years to its life expectancy while wood handles tend to be unglazed and require careful attention when washing. For this reason, we recommend stick-resistant brushed stainless steel handles.
Beyond a carbon steel wok’s physical characteristics, consider its design as well. For instance, some carbon steel woks come with a second ring above the cooking surface intended for splitting dumplings or other foods apart from their cooking broth. Others include deep rings around the base to allow fat and juices to cook away from your dish as well as prevent excessive spattering.
Finally, consider the size of your carbon steel wok. While all models come in both 14 inch and 16-inch options, some models can accommodate larger woks using inserts. We recommend sticking with either the 14 or 16 inches as inserting a larger wok into your dishwasher isn’t always practical.
Ease Of Maintenance
When it comes to carbon steel woks, the easier you can maintain your wok’s original cooking surface the better. While some models ship with a coating intended for preventing rust, no coating will last forever and could lead to contamination of your food down the line. We recommend our 2 mm carbon steel wok as it is easy to use on both induction cooktops as well as open fires and charcoal grills.
The construction method has an impact on how much abuse your carbon steel wok can take before needing replacement. For instance, hand-hammered carbon steel woks offer the advantage of a thicker and more durable cooking surface but come at a price point significantly higher than their molded counterparts. If you’re interested in investing in a hand-hammered carbon steel wok we recommend taking a look at our selection.
Thicker carbon steel woks retain heat longer and can take more abuse than thinner ones. However, this does come at a price as thicker carbon steel woks also tend to be more expensive. If you’re looking for something easy to use on both induction cooktops as well as open fires and charcoal grills, we recommend our 2 mm carbon steel wok .
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use carbon steel wok, one with a flat bottom and metal handles, look for one roughly 16-17” in height. The average adult will be able to effectively use this kind of carbon steel wok without fear of getting too close to it during cooking. Some chefs prefer shorter carbon steel woks (12”) because they can minimize the amount of oil needed for cooking but these are definitely more difficult to work with.
Carbon steel woks typically cost between $40-$70 which is much cheaper than cast iron pans, copper skillets, and non-stick pans. Depending on the thickness, design, manufacturer, and a number of cooking surfaces you’re looking for, your carbon steel wok could end up costing anywhere from $25-$75.
How to Clean Your Carbon Steel Wok?
When you have just finished cooking your dishes in the wok, there are some parts that are still sticking on the carbon steel wok. So, how to clean a carbon steel wok? First of all, it is not really difficult if you know the right way to do it. Here are three steps for your consideration.
1. Using dishwashing soap or dishwashing detergent to clean the wok
Wash this special kind of cookware with mild soapy water and warm water. It is best to use a mild dishwashing liquid or powder which will dissolve quickly when added into warm water. Dishwashing liquids I would recommend for cleaning include Sunlight, Palmolive, Dawn and Fairy Liquid, etc.
The carbon steel wok should be scrubbed and cleaned with a non-abrasive sponge or dish brush. Do not use metal scouring pads as they may scratch the surface. Metal scrubbers should only be used if you are cleaning an extremely burnt or dried-on mess. You can also use salt as it will help to cut grease and oil as well as remove rust stains too.
2. Avoid using rough tools or utensils to clean your carbon steel wok
Using rough tools may damage the wok’s seasoning layer which is responsible for its non-stick performance, so please take care when cleaning this kind of cookware. Although some types of steel wool are fine to use with carbon steel, I would suggest not using it.
3. Rinse and dry your carbon steel wok immediately after washing
After cleaning, rinse the wok in warm water and dry it with a clean towel or paper towels before putting it away to avoid rusting. If you do not care about the color of your carbon steel wok, then allow it to air-dry until the moisture has evaporated completely. Put some oil on it and leave for 1 hour and then wipe off any excess oil with a lint-free cloth or paper towels. However, if you want your carbon steel wok to maintain its shiny appearance, then I recommend that you use a non-abrasive metal cleaner like Bar Keepers Friend (or a similar product) to clean and polish it.
How to Season New Carbon Steel Wok
1. Does a carbon steel wok need to be seasoned?
The best way to get the most out of your carbon steel wok is by following these steps: first, coat it with oil before cooking; second use moderate heat and avoid letting water touch its surface so as not to stain or discolor both exterior and interior surfaces alike. The trusty tool that will take you through this seasoning process well into old age? A soapstone holder (or any other kind) holds onto pans while maintaining high temperatures around 350 degrees Fahrenheit – just what we need for grooves inside our utensil!
2. What happens if you don’t season a carbon steel wok?
You might think of seasoning a pan as something you do with cast iron, but the wok needs it too! When cooking in your new kitchenware and using hot oil or fat over high temperatures for frying food items such as wontons will cause layers of carbonization to build upon its surface. The smokey smell comes from those oils left behind during the manufacturing process which was burned off due to higher heat exposure; this is completely normal behavior.
3. Why is my carbon steel wok sticking?
When you heat up your wok, the metal expands and creates tiny cracks. These crevices are deep enough for food particles to get stuck in them – making sure they burn before reaching their destination!
When cooking with bamboo or cast iron cookware it is important not only that they’re seasoned well but also when seasoning oiling certain parts of these utensils so be mindful if using wooden handles because just like every other material there’s no guarantee what might happen next unless handled delicately.
4. What can you not cook in a carbon steel wok?
One of the downsides to cooking acidic foods in any carbon steel pan is that it can remove patina. Acidic ingredients like citrus, wine, and vinegar will strip away at your pan’s surface over time if left untended; we recommend using stainless-clad cookware instead for better results!
A reactive metal like iron has been known as one with extraordinary endurance capabilities when put through rigorous tests but not so much against acids which means you should always take care never ever leave.
5. Why is my carbon steel pan black?
For those of you who are wondering what exactly carbon steel pans look like when they’re in their raw, unseasoned state – or for whatever reason don’t want the metal to be black at all times- this article will help! As most people know by now, these types of cooking utensils require years upon years worth of seasoning before being able to release any true caramelization. But fear not: with each new layer added on top there’s still plenty more potential flavors left beneath it waiting patiently just outreach…
Finally, you’ve found the best carbon steel wok for your needs. Now that you know how to choose one and what types are available, all you need is to find the right size! We’ve taken all of this into consideration and narrowed down our list to options that are sure to meet your needs. All of these products have been tested by professionals.
However, there is one thing that all of the experts agree upon- it’s worth investing in a quality piece of cooking equipment that will last and not break down after just a few uses. So spend some time researching which type of material is right for you, how it affects cooking times/methods, as well as what brands have proven to be durable without sacrificing versatility.
Carbon steel woks are versatile, durable pots and pans that can be used on any cooking surface. They have an even heat distribution which means they cook food evenly every time. If you’re looking for versatility in your kitchenware, consider investing in a carbon steel wok.