The best cast iron wok is the one that is well-seasoned and ready to cook with. This article will tell you how to season your own cast iron wok, as well as provide some basic tips about buying a new cast iron wok. There are many different sizes of cast irons available for purchase, so it’s important to know what size works best for your needs! Cast irons typically come in two types: electric or stovetop models. The type you choose depends on how often you use the pan, but either way making sure it has an appropriate handle is very important!
A cast iron wok is a great addition to any kitchen. It can be used for so many different things, from stir fry to deep-frying! The best part about it is that it’s durable and will last you forever if you treat it right. They retain heat well, and the cast iron material is easy to clean after you’re done using it! This write will give you all of the information you need about these types of pans so that you can make a good decision on whether or not they are right for your particular needs.
There are many types of woks on the market today, but you should stick with a cast iron wok. This type of pan is more durable than other options and can be used in almost any kitchen. Here are some reasons why you should choose a cast-iron wok over other pans for your next stir fry or Asian dish.
- List Of 10 Best Cast Iron Wok Reviews
- 1. Lodge Pro-Logic Wok with Flat Base and Loop Handles
- 2. 13″ Super Lightweight Cast Iron Chinese Wok
- 3. Crucible 14-Inch Cast Iron Wok Set
- 4. Bruntmor Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok
- 5. Klee Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok with 2 Handles
- 6. Jim Beam 12” Pre Seasoned Heavy Duty Construction Cast Iron Grilling Wok
- 7. Homeries Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok
- 8. Black PAN-10059 14″ Nonstick Light Cast Iron Wok
- 9. Uno Casa Cast Iron Wok Pan
- 10. Classic Cuisine Cast Iron Wok-14” Pre-Seasoned
- Buying Guide for the Best Cast Iron Wok
- How to Season Cast Iron Wok
- Frequently Asked Questions
List Of 10 Best Cast Iron Wok Reviews
1. Lodge Pro-Logic Wok with Flat Base and Loop Handles
- The Lodge Pro-Logic Wok with Flat Base and Loop Handles is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to make delicious meals at home. This wok has been pre-seasoned, so you can use it right away! It’s very durable, which means you’ll be able to use it for years to come.
- The flat base makes this wok easy to use on induction cooktops without wobbling or tipping over. The deep set bottom allows your food to get beautifully browned because of evenly distributed heat while also not getting stuck in the corners like some pans might do. The loop handles make it easy to transport from the stovetop to the oven.
- This wok has passed rigorous independent laboratory tests, so you know that it will last for years without wearing down or becoming warped from use!
- The newly-designed Lodge Pro Logic Wok features an extended handle that fits comfortably in either hand, heavy duty cast iron construction perfect for all stovetops, including induction. A flat based with flared edges ensures the wok stays put so you can assert more control.
Why Choose this Product:
- The wok is very convenient for everyday cooking and dinner preparation
- The handle is very sturdy, and it feels comfortable to hold
- Heavy duty cast iron construction
2. 13″ Super Lightweight Cast Iron Chinese Wok
- When it comes to cooking, you want a tool that will help you get the best results with minimal effort. You need a wok that can be placed on the stovetop and in the oven, or even in a broiler if needed. 13″ Super Lightweight Cast Iron Chinese Wok is the ideal choice because it’s so versatile and easy to use!
- Designed with commercial kitchens in mind, this lightweight alternative won’t weigh you down while using it in your everyday cooking or be too heavy to lift on top of the stovetop. It’s pre-seasoned with vegetable oil, so never use soap when washing! This product is great for any aspiring cook (and great value) as well as safe for use in an oven up to 450°F.
- Cast iron is the ideal choice when it comes to cooking because of its ability to easily retain and distribute heat. This appliance can go from stovetop, oven, or broiler – making it much easier than ever before for you to get an excellent result. The pre-seasoned surface means much less time in preparation prior to use and clean up afterwards if needed.
- A 50% lighter design than traditional models means less stress while cooking and more energy during your busy day ahead.
Why Choose this Product:
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Safe at 450°F
- Cast iron retains and distributes heat well
3. Crucible 14-Inch Cast Iron Wok Set
- This 14-inch cast iron wok set is a must-have for any kitchen. It can be used on a stovetop, in an oven and even over an open fire. The whole kit comes complete with two side handles for easy mobility as well as 2 silicone loops to protect your hands from burns between -104 ºF up to 464 ℉! You’ll love how versatile this product is—it can work on ovens, stoves, radiators, over open fireplaces and even charcoal.
- The 10-inch diameter cast iron wok with flat bottom is just the right size for searing, baking, broiling or grilling in an oven, on a stove top or over a campfire grill. It also features two loop side handles for stability and ergonomic silicone hot handle holders (which can stay attached while cooking) that protect against heat up to 464 degrees Fahrenheit (-104C).
- It features pre-seasoned cast iron with 1 scraper and 2 silicone hot handle holders to keep hands at a comfortable temperature while using it. The wok measures 6.3 inches in depth with flat bottom diameter measuring 36 cm. Both loop side handles are 6” long offering secure grip when transporting or lifting out of heat source, but they are removable if not needed freeing up counter space in most households.
Why Choose this Product:
- The pre-seasoned cast iron is both ready to use and easy to clean
- Silicone holders keep hands at a comfortable temperature while using it
- Versatile, flat bottom suitable for baking
4. Bruntmor Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok
- The Bruntmor Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok is a sturdy, reliable piece of cookware that will last you for generations. Made from cast iron, it’s perfect for searing meat, frying eggs, and sauteing vegetables. It has a long handle for easy maneuverability and a loop handle at the end so you can hang it on the side of your stove.
- It’s also fairly easy to clean (hand wash only). With its large loop handles, this wok is extremely easy to use thanks to these “grippy” handles—even when your hands are covered in grease or oil!
- The ready-to-use cast iron won’t rust or corrode and it can last for generations of cooking since it’s so durable. On scorching ranges and in ovens, this wok stands up to cooking with remarkable evenness thanks to its solid black enamel coating that makes it resistant against scratching or cracking under high temperatures. Weighing just 9 pounds, this heavyweight piece of cookware also has loop handles for easy handling . To clean your seasoned wok, handwash only and don’t forget about seasoning throughout cooking–it’s when food bonds with the surface of the pan giving it natural nonstick properties.
- A heavy duty cast-iron wok is the perfect addition to any cookware collection. This pre-seasoned cast iron wok has a strong, sturdy base so you can be confident it’ll stay put on your stovetop-even when an aggressive stir fry winds up being more vigorous than anticipated. The durable 14 inch cast-iron body also lets this workhorse wok do double duty in the oven, making it even more versatile!
Why Choose this Product:
- Sturdy and reliable
- Made from heavy duty cast iron and won’t rust or corrode
- Large loop handles for easy maneuverability (even when hands are covered in grease/oil)
5. Klee Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok with 2 Handles
- The Klee Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok with 2 Handles and a Wooden Lid is sure to be your new favorite kitchen tool! Made from durable, long-lasting materials that have been coated in a perfect blend of oil and wax to form an ultra-smooth nonstick surface, these versatile tools are ideal for every type of cooking technique.
- Cast Iron cookware has a natural ability to distribute heat evenly across the pan during cooking. And unlike most other types of pots and pans, cast iron doesn’t conduct heat away from your stovetop as quickly therefore making it ideal for searing or frying foods that require high heat levels such as steak or chicken breasts (without burning them!).
- A pre-seasoned cast iron wok is your ticket to speedy cooking. Cast Iron skillets get hot quickly and cook food evenly; the Klee Cast Iron Wok makes for effortless stir fries, steaming buns, pan searing kebabs – anything you like! This 14 inch model lets you cook enough for four servings at once!
- Klee Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned with a Wooden Lid is the perfect cooking tool for stir fried, deep fried and steamed dishes. The cast iron heats up quickly and retains enough heat after removing from the stove to keep food warm without the need of a microwave. Cleanup is also easier as you just have to tap off any excess oil before giving it a quick rinse with water!
Why Choose this Product:
- Holds heat well and even cooking
- Easy to clean
- Pre-seasoned cast iron provides a non-stick surface and makes it easier
- to fry and stir food, making it perfect for all cooking techniques
6. Jim Beam 12” Pre Seasoned Heavy Duty Construction Cast Iron Grilling Wok
- The 12″ Cast Iron Grill Wok is perfect for restaurant-quality meals at home. The wok’s superior heat retention makes it easy to cook food evenly, and the nonstick surface allows you to use a thin layer of oil without having your food stick to the pan. When you’re finished cooking, cleanup is quick and easy—just wipe out the wok with a paper towel!
- This heavy duty construction is designed for serious cooks who want slow or fast meal preparation over an open flame stove top or oven without the need of chemicals like teflon coating which can contaminate your food easily! The wok comes pre-seasoned for a natural, easy release finish that improves with use. Made of exceptionally strong cast iron with large handles and a curved base, this grill wok is built to last. Build flavor into any dish while enhancing the taste throughout the cooking process! Great for restaurant quality searing, baking, broiling, braising, frying or on your grill.
- The Jim Beam Cast Iron Wok with Pre Seasoned Heavy Duty Construction is just what you’re looking for to take your next outdoor barbecue, camping trip, or garden party up a notch. Made with all-cast iron means this wok will stay rust-resistant and last you years to come if used properly. It’s got wide curved base for even heating and stability which helps produce an amazingly flavorful dish every time.
Why Choose this Product:
- Heavy duty cast-iron construction
- Easy to clean, just wipe with a towel
- Heat retention capabilities prevent food from burning
7. Homeries Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok
- This 14-inch pre-seasoned cast iron wok features a seasoned cooking surface that evenly distributes heat, making it great for making Asian cuisine. With this perfected cooking implement, you’ll make your taste buds do the happy dance all night long! Better than stainless steel or even enameled cast iron, we’ve made pre-seasoned cast irons our go-to for delivering the authentic feel of making delicious noodles at home.
- With Homerie’s line of pre-seasoned cast iron woks, you can now eat like royalty every day without having to waste time seasoning your own! This 14″ classic seasoned range features handles that are easy to lift and pour with just one hand – perfect for bringing out those unmistakable flavors.
- This cast iron wok is the perfect size for a big family dinner or if you just want to create a new dish that can feed three people. It comes with a pre-seasoned surface that will provide non-stick cooking so there’s no need for additional oil but be wary of using metal utensils as they might damage it!
- This 14-inch cast iron wok is perfect for cooking stews, curries, and stir-fried foods. The hardy substance helps cook your food evenly without too much heat being absorbed. The nonstick surface helps with cleaning to leave you more time to enjoy homemade meals instead of slaving away in the kitchen!
Why Choose this Product:
- Dual handles that are both easy to lift and pour with one hand
- 14″ cast iron wok is just the right size for family meals
- Cast iron material can withstand high heat for even cooking
8. Black PAN-10059 14″ Nonstick Light Cast Iron Wok
- If you’ve ever tried to stir-fry in a cast iron wok before, then you know how heavy and unwieldy it can be. It’s not just that they’re heavy; they’re also hard to manage when they start heating up.
- The Black PAN-10059 14″ Nonstick Light Cast Iron Wok is the perfect combination of modern nonstick pans and traditional cast iron. This pan is made from lightweight cast iron that replaces the heavy cookware you have been using. This new lighter-weight pan from Black provides all of the qualities of cast iron without the heftiness. Preseasoned, this 14″ nonstick pan can be used on any cooking surface but is best for quick & even heat distribution while providing a stay-cool handle with an easy guide to make your cooking experience more enjoyable.
- With its lightweight, quick and even cooking qualities, this creation is sure to have chefs rejoicing at being able to stir-fry meats, fish, and vegetables without having to worry about whether or not they’ll feel the burner heat against their arms. Weighing in at less than 10 pounds, this 14″ pan is lighter in weight and easy on your back! Not only that, but it has all the high-quality attributes.
Why Choose this Product:
- Lightweight, high-quality cast iron construction
- Generous 14-inch diameter
- Nonstick coating for easy cleaning
- Safe for all cooking surfaces except induction
9. Uno Casa Cast Iron Wok Pan
- No other wok offers the same durability as an Uno Casa Cast Iron Wok Pan. Flat Bottom Wok with Silicone Lid – 12 Inch. This innovative wok is constructed of cast iron, which is just as durable in terms of its material profile as traditional aluminum ones. However, the trade-off for durability is that it’s much heavier than its aluminum or stainless steel counterparts.
- Its wide flat bottom provides stability and protection on virtually any cooking surface – including gas stoves, electric ranges, ovens, campfires, and grills – meaning even when your environment isn’t perfect for you to cook with this wok still will be!
- The Uno Casa Cast Iron Wok Pan. Flat Bottom Wok with Silicone Lid – 12 Inch is compact and well-designed, making it perfect for cooking up the same volume of food as wider woks in less space. It’s made from heavy-duty cast iron that weighs 8 lbs., but takes up even less space than its competitors while being easy to carry too!
Why Choose this Product:
- Even heat distribution
- Non-stick surface heats quickly and evenly
- Cast iron construction is extremely durable
10. Classic Cuisine Cast Iron Wok-14” Pre-Seasoned
- Cuisine’s Classic Cast Iron Wok – 14” is the perfect addition to any kitchen! With its flat bottom and wide handle design, this wok allows you to cook veggies, meat and more evenly. Cook with ease using this wok that can be used on any stovetop or grill or even over the fire for outdoor parties!
- Constructed out of sturdy cast iron steel and pre-seasoned, this 14” wooden handle wok will be an exciting addition to any kitchen! The flat bottom surface serves as the ultimate carrier for even cooking while its wide shape allows you full range in your creativity.
- The Classic Cuisine cast iron wok is just what you need for searing, simmering, frying, and braising. This multi-purpose pan distributes heat evenly across the surface to get everything cooked perfectly. It’s safe for use on any heat source, including induction stovetops (with appropriate cookware). Durable and long-lasting, the black pre-seasoned classic Cast Iron Wok is ready to be used right out of the box!
- It cooks food beautifully with its flat bottom and rimless design, while the material provides an evener heating throughout. But a wok is not just a cooking pan – it can also be used as a serving dish to keep your entrée warm! And because our cast iron cooks evenly without any hot spots, you don’t have to worry about overcooking or tersely seared items.
Why Choose this Product:
- Safe for use on any heat source
- Constructed out of sturdy cast iron steel and pre-seasoned
- Distributes heat evenly across the surface
Buying Guide for the Best Cast Iron Wok
If you love to cook Asian food, then wok is the best cooking vessel. Why? Mainly because of its shape and design that lets heat spread evenly along with vessels large size. The traditional Chinese cast iron woks are considered the best when it comes to durability and even distribution of heat. But not many people know how to take care of these woks so they don’t rust and work properly for longer periods in a row. Here we will help you: in this buying guide for the best cast iron wok we will review three models in different prices ranges and explain how to choose the right one for you from them all. We’ll also explain why it’s important that your cast iron wok is pre-seasoned before you start cooking like a pro.
Every good cast iron wok is pre-seasoned. This means it has a layer of fats and oils which make the wok naturally nonstick surface – this way nothing sticks to it when you cook. Every time you heat up your wok for cooking, its seasoning gets damaged. That’s why these types of vessels need to be re-seasoned every time before usage, depending on how often they are used. The more cast iron woks are used, the better they get seasoned and the longer build-up lasts before new coatings are needed.
Cast iron woks are heavy because of their design. This also makes them very durable and gives the needed stability when stir frying food or cooking your favorite meals. The thickness of cast iron determines how much heat can enter the vessel, so thicker is always better (the least heat transfer is done by extremely thin woks). But if you like lighter cookware for whatever reason – there are still several models which won’t make your arm tired after stirring your ingredients constantly.
Size is probably one of the most important factors to consider when it comes to cast iron woks. Usually they have large sizes, however some people prefer smaller vessels which are easier to store in kitchen cabinets or even hanging from chains on racks overhead. No matter what size you prefer, remember that large cast iron woks are better for cooking big batches of food, while small ones are perfect when only one or two servings are prepared.
Traditionally, Chinese cast iron woks are round bottom vessels – this way they can be used on any heat sources without the need for additional equipment like special wok stoves. Uncoated or enameled versions work best with electric or ceramic stove tops. If you want to cook your meals on a regular stove top – purchase a model which has “helper” handles on both sides of the main handle to keep your grip firm while stirring ingredients.
Also, think about how much space you have in your kitchen and where you want to store the cast iron wok when not in use before making any final decision. Handles should also play an important role when you choose the right one for yourself because depending on their design they can make cooking easier or harder.
Cast iron woks are extremely versatile when it comes to heat sources they can be used on. You can prepare Asian dishes in them on regular gas stoves, electric stoves and even induction cook tops. Do you know that cast iron woks work great when heated up in ovens? Just take a look at our recipes section where you’ll find several tasty dishes prepared in the traditional way – without modern kitchen appliances like microwaves or blenders. Cooking with cast iron has never been so easy!
Handles have to be long enough in order not to get burned during cooking process and also they need to provide good grip so the wok wouldn’t slip from your fingers easily. There is a difference between traditional Chinese cast iron woks with wooden handles – these are usually larger in size and have longer handles which give more stability during cooking process. Handles made out of metal are lighter but less safe when it comes to gripping them during high temperatures.
Seasoning is extremely important for all types of cast iron cookware. It prevents rust formation and provides a non-stick coating which lets food slide off easily. The more often you use your cast iron wok, the deeper seasoning gets and the more heat it can handle without damage.
The lid is a must have for all types of cast iron woks. While it doesn’t get extremely hot while cooking, it does get hotter than any other materials used in the kitchen. Lids help to keep heat inside your favorite meal and make sure it’s cooked evenly from all sides at once. They also allow you to store food after preparation or simply prepare ingredients while keeping them warm until they are needed again.
Last but not least important factor to consider when choosing best cast iron wok is warranty period. Usually these types of cookware come with at least one year warranty so if anything happens to them after this time frame – you get a free replacement or your money back as long as it’s within warranty period. However bare in mind that most manufacturers won’t cover damages caused by overheating or chipping/scratching off of seasoning layer.
And the last thing to keep in mind while shopping for cast iron woks is their price. These are relatively cheap, but if you are looking for more expensive models – they are still not that pricey considering how long they will serve you without any damage or replacement needed.
How to Season Cast Iron Wok
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are cast iron woks good?
There are many uses for a cast iron wok, and they can be used to create different types of recipes. For instance, you could use them in the kitchen as an excellent stir-fry pan but there’s so much more than just that! You’ll find it easy to deep fry if that is what your taste buds desire – these pans work really well with butter or oil too because their non-stick surface means less washing up afterward.
2. What should I look for in a wok?
To avoid having your food stick to the pan, look for carbon steel woks that are at least 14 gauge about two millimeters thick. Avoid nonstick coatings as they can’t maintain high heat levels during stir fry and will bend under pressure from you stirring it side-to-side with a wooden spoon or spatula in order not to burn anything!
3. Why is cast iron wok sticking?
In our experience, food can get stuck to cast iron cookware for a number of reasons. For example not using enough fat or oil when cooking might lead to some sticking problems while new non-seasoned pots will take longer than seasoned ones because they need time to build up their natural protective layer which helps prevent sticking from occurring in the first place!
Some foods just seem more likely that they’ll end up leaving behind an unwanted residue on your newest piece regardless of whether you use too much liquid during preparation; others rely heavily upon techniques such as shaking off any excess moisture before putting it into service by rubbing briskly along its exterior surfaces – both techniques have proven effective throughout history.
4. How do you clean a cast iron wok?
Cleaning a wok is an art form and one that takes practice to master. Begin by washing the outside of your stove-top item with soapy water if it’s dirty or greasy from previous use; then give it’s surface a light scrubbing until all dirt has been removed–but don’t remove any patina on the metal! If food bits have become stuck in between cracks around handle openings for example (this can happen especially when cooking noodles), soak them off while letting cool enough before giving another gentle wash under a running tap until everything comes loose again. When finished cleaning your pan…don’t forget about keeping hot fires burning inside these items too: always leave the lid open whenever possible near flames
5. What is the best oil for seasoning cast iron?
For the best results when using your cast iron skillet, Lodge recommends vegetable oil or shortening. You can also use our Seasoning Spray for an easy and effective way to season it!
Cast irons wok are a great investment and can be used to cook so many different types of dishes. The cast-iron wok is a versatile and durable kitchen tool. It can be used for cooking almost any type of food, from stir-fries to Asian dishes to searing steaks. But what makes it the best pan in your cookware arsenal? Let’s take a look at some benefits that make these pans unique when compared with other types of frying pans.
If you’re not sure which size cast iron is best for your needs, remember that the larger sizes will typically give more volume than smaller ones. Make sure you choose one with handles that suit your grip! The article we’ve provided has given some tips on how to season an old wok or purchase a new one if needed – make sure to read it before making any decisions about what type of pan would work best in your kitchen. We hope this article helped answer all of your questions about buying and seasoning best cast iron wok!