Commercial convection ovens can be found in many restaurants, bakeries, and catering companies. They are used to cook a wide range of food items such as pizza, lasagna, bread, and even hard-boiled eggs or eggs benedict.
The best commercial convection ovens are a great way to cook faster and more efficiently. They provide a much better cooking environment than standard ovens, which means that you can decrease the amount of time it takes for your food to cook by up to 50%.
If you’re looking for the best commercial convection ovens, these are some of the best choices on the market. The article will focus on what makes each one stand out from their competitors, so be sure to read through as many as possible before making your final decision!
- What is a Commercial Convection Oven?
- What are the Benefits of Commercial Convection Ovens?
- List of 9 Best Commercial Convection Ovens Reviews
- 1. Waring Commercial WCO500X Half Size Pan Convection Oven
- 2. KITMA 66L Countertop Commercial Convection Oven
- 3. Cadco POV-003 Commercial Quarter-Size Convection Oven
- 4. Hakka Commercial Convection Counter Top Oven
- 5. Avantco CO-14 Quarter Size Commercial Convection Oven
- 6. Imperial Icve-1 Commercial Convection Oven
- 7. Wisco 721 1/2-Size Commercial Convection Oven
- 8. Cadco OV-013 Compact Half Size Commercial Convection Oven
- 9. Waring WCO250X Quarter Size Pan Commercial Convection Oven
- How to Choose the Best Commercial Convection Oven
- How do You Uuse a Commercial Convection Oven?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Commercial Convection Oven?
A commercial convection oven is any type of food preparation equipment that utilizes the unique cooking properties of forced air to cook foods. Forced air, or simply fan-assisted cooking, moves hot air around a thermal or steam chamber in such a way as to ensure even temperatures are achieved throughout the oven cavity. This ensures consistent and timely heating of all cooked food. The most common type of forced air cooking is what we know as convection ovens, but in addition to this, there are also blast chillers, rotisserie ovens, and even industrial conveyor belt ovens used for the mass production of foods such as bread and pizza.
What makes a commercial convection oven unique from any other type of domed oven is the addition of a forced-air system that feeds hot and cold air into the cooking chamber through a series of vents, or ‘flues’. This can be achieved using gas-powered burners (conventional convection), or electrically powered fans as found in most industrial convection ovens. The process is simple but very effective in ensuring the highest quality of baked, roasted, or fried foods.
What are the Benefits of Commercial Convection Ovens?
The most common types of commercial convection ovens include countertop pizza and sandwich toaster ovens, as well as larger capacity floor standing models used for baking bread and roasting poultry. However, due to the versatile nature of forced air cooking, some commercial convection ovens will also be used for steaming vegetables and meats in ‘steam’ mode. As well as being able to cook foods via steam and conventional means, there are a number of benefits over older methods:
More Even Heating
The most distinguishing feature of a commercial convection oven is its ability to even out temperatures over the entire cooking chamber. This can be important when trying to bake a large sheet of pastry or cook evenly sized pieces of poultry. For example, if you were to try and toast bread in a conventional oven the center would always finish first, resulting in an unevenly browned product. Some commercial convection ovens can also be used for slow roasting or warming of foods by controlling the temperature using a thermostat.
As many people will suggest, cooking bread in a conventional oven tends to result in uneven baking and cracking of the crust. This can be due to an improper balance of convection currents within the heating element or poor insulation in some types of home ovens. Commercial convection ovens are designed to circulate hot air over surfaces which helps ensure even browning of all sections of your product without overbaking one area. This can be an important consideration when baking any baked goods as it helps to ensure consistent quality for consumers.
Better Roasted Meats
The purpose of a commercial convection oven is to cook foods in the most efficient manner possible. This means that even types of meat can be roasted to perfection in just a matter of minutes. Some recipes will call for marinades or special sauces which help lock in juices as they roast, while others require an internal temperature to be reached. With a conventional oven, this would require careful timing and constant vigilance on the part of you or your staff to ensure the product is not overcooked. The increased air circulation within commercial convection ovens also helps dry out meats that might otherwise become overly moist during cooking, maintaining a crispy exterior for longer.
Easier Temperature Control
If you are considering purchasing a new commercial convection oven it is important to take into consideration your ability to monitor and control the temperature inside of a commercial convection oven. Some home models may have more simple controls which set a specific temperature for the entire chamber. This can make it difficult to remove items that may be overcooking or prevent an item from being finished when you intended. A commercial convection oven will usually provide you with the ability to set different temperatures in different areas of the oven, which is ideal for larger items as well as those that need extra heat to cook properly.
Uses Less Energy
The increased circulation of air in a commercial convection oven means the temperatures are more evenly distributed throughout the chamber, which results in all surfaces reaching their set temperature at roughly the same time. This reduces hot and cool spots that can cause foods to burn or become undercooked, respectively. It also means that the energy being put into the oven is not focused on only a few items on which it is consumed, lowering your overall energy costs.
With a commercial convection oven you can cook a larger variety of items. Nothing is off-limits with this type of oven, whether you are looking to bake pies or roast meats – these appliances can handle it all. If your restaurant has a menu that requires a wide variety of foods then this higher level of versatility in cooking may be just what you need!
List of 9 Best Commercial Convection Ovens Reviews
1. Waring Commercial WCO500X Half Size Pan Convection Oven
- The Waring Commercial Half-Size Convection Oven is the perfect addition to any restaurant. With four cooking methods all in one, every recipe will be a success without the wait and hassle of changing appliances or pots and pans.
- The heavy-duty, stainless steel exterior and double pane tempered glass door mean this oven can handle even your toughest recipes with no mess to clean up. A warming drawer that’s removable for better storage capacity. A range that evenly distributes heat as it bakes or broils A recessed storage area for baking sheets, casserole dishes, etc.
- This sturdy unit can withstand heavy-duty cooking with its double-pane tempered glass door with good visibility in the capacity range of 375–600 cubic inches (9.5L). The commercial quality construction makes it more durable than most kitchen appliances today yet still easy enough for cleaning on a daily basis.
2. KITMA 66L Countertop Commercial Convection Oven
- Heat up a meal, fresh bread and so much more in this KITMA 66L Countertop Commercial Convection Oven. The oven has one 6-inches (15 cm) heating surface with a high capacity for easy baking of pizzas, pastries, or even casseroles that feeds 12 to 60 people.
- You can also use the convection mode that provides evenly cooked food thanks to turbofan cooking which is able to distribute heat all around your foods quickly giving it an optimum crisp golden browning effect.
- Made from stainless steel look design, this oven includes Stainless Steel PTFE exterior finish with Ceramic Glass interiors making them safe for use at home or commercial kitchens including college cafeterias and concession stands where quick hot meals.
- The KITMA 66L Countertop Commercial Convection Oven is the ideal oven for any restaurant. While larger than your standard countertop oven, this convection baking gadget gets the job done with precision and efficiency – cooking everything from baked goods to grilled foods.
3. Cadco POV-003 Commercial Quarter-Size Convection Oven
- Do you have a small food truck or home-based bakery and need to make large batches of baked goods? The Cadco POV-005 commercial quarter-size convection oven is perfect for your business. Its 0.83 cubic foot interior provides enough space to cook up to 18 servings at once, and its adjustable temperature range of 300°F – 500°F will accommodate almost any recipe.
- This model also includes 3 shelves for storage, so it can be easily adapted to fit the needs of most businesses with its continuous on a timer that features 60 minutes shut off in addition to a removable safety door when being cleaned is necessary. Other great features include an aluminum alloy sheet pan included inside the stainless steel exterior as well as plumbed-in power.
- This best commercial convection oven can cook 9-1/2 by 13-inch aluminum-alloy pans and sheet trays of food quickly, so you don’t have to wait! It features a 60-minute timer that will automatically turn off after an hour or “continuous on”. The convection fan circulates air evenly over the food as it cooks – so no burnt items! You’ll never want to go back once you see how easy this oven is to use!
4. Hakka Commercial Convection Counter Top Oven
- The Hakka Commercial Convection Counter Top Oven is a durable oven made to fit in with any kitchen! With high-quality build and convective technology, this oven will cook your products as if they were coming straight from the bakery.
- The new Hakka commercial convection countertop oven makes it easy to bake large quantities of food. With a thermostat range from 50°-300° and 320°C, hi-limit safety features make the oven-safe for all! The durable design is fabricated with stainless steel slide rails.
- With a seating capacity of up to 62 L and a timer that goes up to 120 minutes, you can safely use this product in any kitchen. It also has multiple baking trays for 4 aluminum cooking trays that are 325x450mm each (460x375x360mm), perfect for those special occasions or family dinners.
5. Avantco CO-14 Quarter Size Commercial Convection Oven
- The Avantco CO-14 Quarter Size Commercial Convection Oven is a perfect solution for those looking to take their cooking game up a notch without committing furniture space. Fully adjustable heat settings from 150-500°F can help with your oven needs, no matter what type of dish you’re prepping!
- This 1/4 size commercial convection oven has two wire racks and three 1/4 size sheet pans included, so you’ll always be able to work quickly and efficiently. With enough room for just 4 people, this convection oven will fit easily in any kitchen setting – if yours doesn’t have one already!
- Plus, at 0.8 cubic feet, this oven is perfect for restaurants where space is limited. The durable stainless steel construction ensures easy cleanup when cooking a range of delectable dishes 14 times faster than conventional ovens. Make up your plate with one of these little bad boys today!
6. Imperial Icve-1 Commercial Convection Oven
- The Imperial Icve-1 Commercial Convection Oven Single Deck Standard Depth Electric is a restaurant chef’s dream come true. The ultra-powerful convection oven can cook 5 racks of food with 10 positions each at one time. This means you are prepared to feed your entire staff!
- You won’t need to worry about space limitations as this unit includes stainless steel doors for the sides, front and top on the 60/40 dependent door design so that both can be opened at one time. It comes with a 208V electric power requirement which also makes it perfect for home use too!
- The full feature set includes an all-stainless steel construction with porcelainized interior supports that resist corrosion – ideal for increasing your browning rate and product quality. In fact, two of the included 20/44 LITER (1 gallon = 4 liters per gallon), resealable dishes are already positioned in the rack ready to go!
7. Wisco 721 1/2-Size Commercial Convection Oven
- Spend less time cleaning and more time cooking in your Wisco 721 1/2-Size Commercial Convection Oven. The removable door, racks, and pan holders make for easy access to clean the oven up any way you want.
- This best commercial convection oven offers a balance between innovation and simplicity. The door can be removed for easy clean-up, the racks are in an easily accessible position for anything you need to slide out without excessive or difficult maneuvering, and there are three cooking racks so you can accommodate all your dishes.
- This stainless steel construction is insulated on the inside with protective walls, allowing it to cook anything more evenly than before. With a range of temperatures from 150°F-500°F and 20 programmable presets this product has something new to offer everyone.
8. Cadco OV-013 Compact Half Size Commercial Convection Oven
- The Cadco OV-013 is a countertop commercial convection oven that’s right for you. With a compact size and manual controls, you’ll be able to feel at ease as your baked goods come out perfectly every time in this durable stainless steel machine.
- The cooking chamber can allow up to three half-sized sheet pan racks along with a nine-inch height for baking success. Not only is the Cadco Commercial Convection Oven rugged enough for an industrial kitchen but will also improve your food quality while increasing the efficiency of your baking operation.
- This best half-size commercial convection oven is perfect for any small kitchen. It features easy-to get-to manual controls, a tight 9”x18.75”x13.75” cooking chamber that can fit three ½ sheet pans, and includes a very quiet squirrel cage fan that circulates more air per minute than typical home ovens or other compact models on the market today due to its uniquely shaped interior drawer for faster baking in an already small kitchen space.
- Rich in stainless steel construction with decorative gold chrome trim at stovetop doors and handles, this 2-star rating wall oven is so beautifully built it will aesthetically please any homeowner as well as roasting red meat and poultry to perfection with ease!
9. Waring WCO250X Quarter Size Pan Commercial Convection Oven
- The Waring® WCO250X Quarter-Size Commercial Convection Oven is made to handle everything – from baking and broiling multiple types of dishes to cooking a meal for large groups. With fast, accurate cooking time, this convection oven can save your staff hours a week sprucing up your menu.
- Save more space in the kitchen with its easy installation. Plus, it’s designed to be heavy-duty and weather even in the dirtiest environments. This oven saves you money by producing high volumes of food at breakneck speeds!
- Already a kitchen favorite, but ready for more? Waring’s quarter-size commercial convection oven contains four functions you’ll love. It boasts a heavy-duty construction and an easy-to-clean accordion grille.
How to Choose the Best Commercial Convection Oven
When looking for the best commercial convection oven there are many things one must consider. These will include the following:
When searching for a commercial convection oven you want to find one that has been tested and proven to cook faster than traditional ovens. The reason for this is because you are typically paying a higher price per hour for more energy and more time cooking in an oven than you would be using a normal stove or microwave.
Also, if your food needs to be cooked fast it is bad business not being able to serve customers on time just because your equipment isn’t running at full efficiency. You also want to make sure your product doesn’t burn while cooking either so having very low-temperature fluctuations will help ensure the quality and safety of your product.
If you choose to go with a commercial convection oven over a traditional oven or stove it will probably be larger and heavier than either one of those two options so this is something that needs to be taken into consideration as well. You have to make sure you have ample space within your kitchen for such an item, otherwise, you could increase your chances of accidents happening. It’s always better to know beforehand than after the fact when it comes to these types of issues so take this into account.
Even though we discussed the weight above when talking about commercial convection ovens it’s important to look into the overall dimensions as well because you want everything situated within your kitchen logically. You don’t want one cabinet door to be too close to the oven or have it blocked because of the way it’s situated within that area.
This goes back to preventing accidents before they happen and making sure you are able to circulate around various parts of your kitchen in a logical manner as well, without having anything get in the way or become annoying for you and your staff.
If you are using a commercial convection oven it’s probably going to be much larger than a traditional one so choosing one that is made of stainless steel will likely save you money in the long run as opposed to something like carbon steel which can potentially rust or degrade more quickly with continual use.
As stated above, if you are renting or leasing commercial convection ovens online you want them not only able to cook faster but also more precisely in their temperatures and temperature fluctuations. Even if you are using a traditional stove or oven it’s important to think about this issue.
When cooking food, especially on gas-powered equipment like a restaurant stove, temperature fluctuations can happen quite often even with the most skilled chefs behind the stove. Having an oven that is designed to deal with these types of issues will save you from having to constantly adjust temperatures and potentially burn your product before serving it to customers.
If you go for something bulky and large for your commercial convection oven then aesthetics play into that as well. You want everything situated neatly in your kitchen so make sure there are no design elements taking up extra space whenever possible. This includes things like handles, knobs, vents, etc… Make sure that everything is built-in and makes sense for the final design.
With food costing what it does these days, there will probably be times where speed is crucial when cooking. Having an automatic opening door would help increase productivity within your kitchen allowing all employees to get back to work sooner rather than later. However, do keep in mind that such designs may cost more on their own but if they pay themselves off over time then it would be worth the investment.
You should always check that ovens used within your kitchen area are up to industry standards of sanitation, at least for commercial situations if not professional ones as well. Having quality equipment means you have a safer workplace and can focus on getting your food out in a timely fashion rather than doing everything manually yourself, which is time-consuming. Not only will this help keep customers happy by increasing service but also helps create more opportunities for growth by hiring better-qualified individuals if they’re able to do the tasks involved much easier.
Whether it’s a food truck convection oven or something like this these are things to consider when making a purchase decision. You want something that looks nice for the kitchen whether you’re serving customers or using it during off-hours without having customers present at all times of operation.
The design of your plate is another important element as well and there are different styles as with any piece of equipment that can be used in certain situations more than others, so do make sure to check ahead of time what will work best for you and how easy it is to clean, etc… After all, you don’t want potential bacteria buildup inside one specific part of the oven.
Product size can help dictate how big you need to make certain areas within your kitchen in order for everything to fit properly. If you’re going with something like a traditional convection oven then it will likely be larger than a commercial unit and would need more space on its own, therefore needing additional room around the exterior as well.
This way there’s plenty of breathing room between the two sizes so that no one gets hurt in any type of accident or mishap when trying to walk by such large equipment. You also want to make sure that all doors are able to close fully without having issues related to it taking up too much space.
Last but not least is probably the most important factor when making a purchase decision. This is going to be one of the biggest factors that go into which commercial convection oven you pick out and what type you might try to get, because if it’s too expensive then there won’t be enough financial flexibility within your budget for all employees. These purchases are meant to benefit everyone as a whole so do keep in mind what will help push things forward with your business.
There are many different brands on the market today that produce commercial convection ovens so it’s important to make sure you’re getting something from someone who knows exactly what they’re doing and can provide quality equipment over cheaper alternatives that might break down quicker or end up costing more in repairs than anticipated.
How do You Uuse a Commercial Convection Oven?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does a commercial gas convection oven need to be vented?
It’s true that convection ovens don’t require ventilation because they use a fan to circulate the air inside. In fact, you can even install them without any clearance requirements and they’ll still work just fine! The only thing we recommend is making sure your installation adheres to the manufacturer’s recommendations for size so it doesn’t overheat or under-cool anything.
2. Do professional chefs use convection ovens?
The convection oven has a lot of benefits that make it perfect for chefs. Professional cooks love the even way they cook food, and also because they reduce cooking times by up to 25%. This shortens their work time tremendously! In addition, if you want to use your convection oven like a conventional one with fans all day long then go ahead-but most people find this unnecessary when there are so many other bonuses included in these appliances.
Whether you’re looking for a convection oven to use in your home or as part of your restaurant’s kitchen equipment, there are tons of options on the market. In this post, we’ve narrowed it down by listing some of our favorite models and what makes them stand out from their competitors.
We hope that this list will help you make an informed decision when purchasing the best commercial convection oven for your business! Are any of these commercial convective ovens on your radar? If not, be sure to read through all nine before making up your mind about which is best suited for your needs.