A commercial microwave oven is a device that heats and cooks food in a short amount of time. These microwaves are designed to be durable, easy to use, and affordable. They come in many sizes with varying power levels.
If you’re looking for a commercial microwave oven that will fit your needs, then this blog post is for you! We’ll help you find the best commercial microwave oven on the market. In order to make it easier, we’ve created an interactive list with some of our favorite models at different price points. This way, all you have to do is scroll through and pick one that suits your budget.
- What is a Commercial Microwave Oven?
- Benefits of Commercial Microwave Oven
- List of 7 Best Commercial Microwave Ovens Reviews
- 1. Panasonic NE-1025F Compact Light-Duty Countertop Commercial Microwave Oven
- 2. Sharp R-21LCFS Medium-Duty Commercial Microwave Oven
- 3. Amana HDC212 Heavy Duty Compact Commercial Microwave Oven
- 4. Sharp R-CD2200M – Commercial Microwave Oven
- 5. Waring Commercial WMO90 Medium Duty Microwave Oven
- 6. Panasonic NE-17523 Commercial Microwave
- 7. Midea Equipment 1434N1A Commercial Microwave Oven
- How to Choose the Best Commercial Microwave Oven for Your Needs
- How do You Use a Commercial Microwave Oven?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the problems associated with cleaning a commercial microwave oven?
- 2. Why do commercial microwaves not have turntables?
- 3. Can you put metal in a commercial microwave?
- 4. What is the difference between a commercial microwave and a residential microwave?
- 5. How many watts does a commercial microwave use?
What is a Commercial Microwave Oven?
A commercial microwave oven is any heavy-duty oven that’s designed to be used in a high-volume kitchen like a restaurant, hotel, or hospital cafeteria. You don’t need to find the “commercial” logo on it because this designation isn’t an explicit mark of quality; you can also tell by looking at how they’re built and what makes them different.
The main difference between a household and commercial microwave oven is that consumer appliances are designed for intermittent use, while commercial microwaves will work continuously 24/7 for years on end. This requires tougher parts with tighter tolerances, more durable insulation materials, and heavy-duty construction in general.
How does a commercial microwave oven work?
A commercial microwave oven works on the principle of heating water molecules in food, with the help of microwaves. When the microwaves hit an object, they transfer energy to its water molecules and make them vibrate rapidly. This generates heat and cooks the food from inside out.
Benefits of Commercial Microwave Oven
If you are reading this article then you probably already know the benefits of commercial microwave oven use for various purposes but if you need more information about it then read the following sentence carefully. According to experts who work with commercial microwaves, one can easily get plenty of benefits by using commercial microwave ovens in their kitchens. If you are thinking that what type of benefits can one get then here we present some major benefits of commercial microwaves that will give you a clear idea about the use and importance of these appliances in your food service business:
Provides Quick and Convenient Cooking Method
Microwave ovens provide a quick-cooking method that makes it easy to make the most delicious foods with the least effort for various types of restaurants like hotels, cafes, bakeries, etc where people want such food items quickly. For example, if someone is hungry and wants his/her lunch fast then all they need do is order something that only takes few minutes to prepare after being cooked in the microwave.
Minimal Labor for Food Preparation
As already mentioned above, food items prepared in commercial microwaves don’t require lots of labor to prepare them. All one needs to do is select the required item from the menu, order it and wait for few minutes while it gets cooked in the microwave oven so there is no need to use too much labor which can save time, money, and effort.
Saves Energy Consumption
Commercial microwaves are more energy efficient because they operate on electricity that results in saving a large amount of energy that would be otherwise wasted through conventional cooking methods like gas stoves or open fire etc. This feature reduces your electricity bill as well as provides a great source of relief during a power outage for example when you are living in areas where the electricity supply is not stable for example during the monsoon or summer season.
Can Cook Variety of Foods Easily
As mentioned above, commercial microwaves are versatile cooking appliances that can easily cook a variety of food items starting from appetizers, soups to entrees and desserts without much effort. This feature makes it easy to provide fast service to customers because they need not wait for a long time until their food is prepared while you can give them what they want at an exact time making them happy.
Prevents Flavor Loss
Unlike conventional cooking methods like boiling or steaming which results in flavor loss of food items cooked in them, microwave ovens don’t let nutrients lost during cooking which makes it useful for commercial uses because this way their customers can enjoy the same great taste every time they eat at your restaurant.
Reduce Operating Costs
As mentioned above, commercial microwaves are more efficient appliances in comparison with conventional ones that reduce the cost of electricity by 40% only compared to other commercial-type kitchen appliances. This benefit reduces operating costs of various cafes, restaurants, and hotels where they operate on electric supply rather than gas.
Commercial microwaves provide a heating method by means of electricity that doesn’t allow the formation of moisture on the surface of cooked food which results in a reduction of spoilage during storage. Due to this reason, food remains fresh for a long so you need no worry about customer complaints regarding spoilage of food items, unlike conventional cooking methods.
List of 7 Best Commercial Microwave Ovens Reviews
1. Panasonic NE-1025F Compact Light-Duty Countertop Commercial Microwave Oven
- This Panasonic NE-1025F Compact Light-Duty Countertop Commercial Microwave Oven has a see-through door and a stainless steel finish, which means it will withstand many years of wear and tear.
- With a capacity for one half-sized 6-inch deep steam table pan cover or 1000 watts of power, this best commercial microwave oven can handle any food item you need to be heated up fast! This convenient microwave is the perfect size for offices, restaurants, cafeterias, and more.
- Occupying minimal space on a countertop or table, Panasonic’s NE-1025F Compact Light-Duty Countertop Commercial Microwave Oven is the perfect size for compact spaces.
- The timer resets automatically after countdowns, so you can focus on cooking while still being able to check your moment without anxiety. Make a seemingly complicated dish in a take with this simple and innovative kitchen appliance.
- This microwavable oven has all the same functions as any other microwave but its easy installation and small design make it perfect for kitchens that lack counter space!
2. Sharp R-21LCFS Medium-Duty Commercial Microwave Oven
- The perfect addition to any commercial kitchen, this Sharp R-21LCFS Medium-Duty Commercial Microwave Oven is sure to be your most valuable asset in the kitchen! With a 1.0 cu. ft. capacity that can accommodate a 13-1/2″ platter, prepackaged foods, single servings, or a half-size pan in either direction – this microwave oven includes an easy dial timer which ranges from 10 seconds to 6 minutes and bright LED indicators for at “a glance” monitoring!
- This best commercial microwave oven packs a punch with high power, large capacity, easy maintenance, and stylish stainless steel wrap to meet any need. With precise cooking times for all your favorite foods, this convenient appliance features an auto-cancel timer that saves energy by canceling the remaining time when you open the door during cook time.
- The heating time guide above the timer provides plenty of on-the-spot references to make sharing recipes easier. For those seeking a simplistic design with modern technology, look no further than this sharp machine!
3. Amana HDC212 Heavy Duty Compact Commercial Microwave Oven
- Take a close look at the Amana HDC212 Heavy Duty Compact Commercial Microwave Oven, and you’ll see it’s easy to appreciate what a fantastic value this product is. With its 2100 watts of cooking power, 5 different cooking settings, and its compact size that fits comfortably in any home kitchen, you’re going to love having this microwave oven for your own use.
- It dishes up an impressive 40 pounds per hour! You also get a beautiful stainless steel finish with curves at the corners to make sure there are no accidental spills from messy hands. This commercial microwave is unbelievably lasting as well – it has been tested by over 15 million hours of usage without breaking down!
- The commercial punch this little guy packs is perfect for heavy-duty use so you won’t have to worry about it burning out after one busy shift in the kitchen. With auto vent technology, cook time numbers are clearly readable so nobody will ever be scrambling to find something else to bake while they wait for their nachos to finish up!
4. Sharp R-CD2200M – Commercial Microwave Oven
- The Sharp R-CD2200M is a heavy-duty commercial microwave that comes with Twin-Touch™ dual controls and can fit two full-size pans, or one 1/2 size pan in either direction. It’s built to be durable and easy for high volume use, perfect for restaurants and cafeterias.
- With features like Twin-Touch dual controls built for mess-free cooking, it is ideal for the high-frequency needs of fast food or full-service restaurants.
- The compact footprint takes up less space but can still fit one 1/2 size pan in either direction or two 1/3 size pans so you never have to worry about cooking more items than your microwave can handle. It’s also made with durable materials and an easy maintenance design which makes it perfect for any commercial kitchen out there!
5. Waring Commercial WMO90 Medium Duty Microwave Oven
- Waring Commercial WMO90 Medium Duty Microwave Oven: Hot food, fast. Up to 1000 watts and a maximum cook time of 60 minutes mean no more waiting around for your food. This oven is easy to use with the touch-control keypad with Braille.
- The LCD display offers 10 programmable memory pads plus 100 programmable settings; every dish you make will be as good as the first! You can even unleash your inner chef by using this microwave oven’s advanced cooking algorithm developed specifically for professional chefs like yourself who needs full control over what goes into their creations – from grilling to searing, melting chocolate, or whipping up a smoothie – simply input desired power level and cook time.
- The CULUS certification is just one of the ways people know that this Waring Commercial Microwave Oven will be reliable in any cooking situation. It also comes with 100 programmable settings to suit all creative culinary minds, so don’t wait!
6. Panasonic NE-17523 Commercial Microwave
- The Panasonic NE-17523 Commercial Microwave is designed for high-volume kitchens. It has a variety of settings, allowing you to choose from 5 power levels and 10 preset cook times or set the cooking time up to 60 minutes. To make cooking more efficient for busy chefs, it comes with programmable multi-stage cooking – cook food at a combination of different power levels to achieve the desired results; create up to 100 custom programs.
- It looks sleek and professional while providing all the convenience you need to briskly heat up food or other leftovers. The durable stainless steel interior provides durability no matter how hard it’s needed in your kitchen, while its slim form makes it ideal for tight spaces. Simply wipe down with a damp cloth when you’re done cooking – this Panasonic vacuum-sealed oven should last you years!
- Experience seamless multi-stage cooking at home without the need of a clip lighting or extension cord with Panasonic’s NE-17523 commercial microwave. Ten preset cook times and five power levels offer flexibility for any meal and variety to keep things interesting, while programmable cooking guarantees perfect timing every time. With quick and easy programs like “chocolate fudge cake one minute” or “vegetable soup thirty minutes,” there is sure to be something culinary for everyone to love!
7. Midea Equipment 1434N1A Commercial Microwave Oven
- The Midea Equipment Microwave Oven is perfect for any commercial foodservice facility that needs a powerful, durable microwave oven. No matter what size platter you have in use, the roomy interior of this unit features a smart design to accommodate your dishes with ease.
- Plus the oven cavity light makes it easy to check on cooking progress without opening the door-allowing more leeway during peak hours. The unit also includes stainless steel cabinet doors and an interior made of high-grade stainless steel for lasting durability against wear and tear from heavy kitchen traffic.
- The Midea Equipment 1434N1A Commercial Microwave Oven features the perfect cooking solution for all of your commercial-grade needs. This is not just a simple microwave oven, this 60 minute time period with 100 auto programs will be able to cover any cooking need you have.
- It also has 1400 Watts of Cooking power and 5 different power levels so it can cook anything efficiently. Equipped with an easy grab handle on its door, the only thing that will get in the way of maximizing profit margins is how much product your customer orders!
How to Choose the Best Commercial Microwave Oven for Your Needs
If you own a commercial cooking business, you have likely been asked more than once to buy a commercial microwave oven for sale. There are many types of microwaves on the market but it is only necessary to know the size and features you want. We provide helpful tips below so that when shopping for a commercial microwave oven, you can get what’s best for your business. We have conducted research by reading what other companies have done in their businesses and from suggestions from our customers so we’ve compiled some advice below that may help save time and money during a purchase.
When considering a purchase, it’s important to determine the amount of food production needed at any one time. If your business sees high volumes of customers on a daily basis, you are going to need more cooking power than for a low-volume business. As with any commercial oven, size is important here so that your microwave can meet the demand of food it needs to produce in order to run smoothly without being overcrowded or underutilized. This also depends if you have other appliances in the kitchen that have the same wattage rating as some microwaves may not work well with each other when both are used at once.
If you’re wondering how to save money when buying a commercial microwave oven, one of the easiest ways is by reducing energy costs. Today’s state-of-the-art microwaves are designed with a lot of thought put into them in order to make them more efficient and power-hungry. But if you know what wattage you need for your business, it ensures that the appliance uses less electricity while heating up food products.
You can find out how much power a unit requires by looking at the label on it or speaking with your retailer about questions before buying. However, if purchasing from an online retail store, be sure to ask first before making a purchase because some websites will not allow returns unless they are defective or broken which means you are stuck with it if you’re unable to return them.
The type of materials used in commercial microwaves is important when choosing one for your business. Many are made of stainless steel which is excellent for meeting high temperatures and thermal loads. This ensures that the microwave oven won’t warp or lose structural integrity at high heat, ensuring food safety.
Although microwaves come in many different shapes and sizes, most commercial microwaves have a turntable inside them to rotate the food while cooking so that all parts near the dish’s surface get heated evenly to reduce overcooking or burning. If you do not use this feature, it may be wise to purchase an oven without one because they can be pricey additions to any appliance.
Trim Kit (Optional)
For commercial microwaves with top-mounted controls, an accessory is available known as a trim kit. This helps ensure that your microwave looks professional in the kitchen. It also gives you easy access to the keypad so if something happens to it later down the road, you can replace it easily without having to buy a whole new unit.
The trim kit will attach to the top of your microwave and create a smooth surface that looks nice with other appliances in the area. This does not come standard with every unit but they are offered at most retailers for purchase when needed. They can also be custom-built according to what type of corners or edges need completing around the perimeter of the appliance’s size.
There are many types of microwaves out there but not all feature different types of cooking settings needed for specific purposes like proofing, defrosting, or reheating food items. Thus, depending on what your employees will be using it for, it’s best to choose a microwave oven that has the features you need for your business. Regardless of what food is cooked in your commercial kitchen, all microwaves must have the essential settings such as power level and time so choose a unit that will meet all of your requirements.
Easy of use
You may be using one or two full-time employees to help with cooking equipment and other appliances in the kitchen. Thus, consider ease of use even when it comes to choosing a commercial microwave oven that can accommodate them and make their work easier. To put it simply, buy something they’ll like to use which means buying according to what fits someone’s height and reach, considering if there are any parts needed for replacement down the road (such as a new door seal or grease filter) and also noting if there are any parts that can be removed for a thorough cleaning.
Last but not least, think about the price of the commercial microwave ovens you’re looking at to be sure it’s something your business can afford without going overboard with costs. This is especially important when considering what model to buy as cooking equipment ranges from inexpensive low-wattage brands to top-of-the-line models with many extra features that come with a higher cost so know your budget beforehand. Remember, there are some items you may have to replace often depending on how often they’re used in your business so buying an expensive item isn’t always worth it.
How do You Use a Commercial Microwave Oven?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the problems associated with cleaning a commercial microwave oven?
If not cleaned regularly, food particles could become food for bacteria and thereby making the equipment unhygienic. Commercial microwaves should be washed after every use. If it is not washed, there might be water inside the cabinet which may cause corrosion or rust of steel parts over time. Rust can also damage stainless steel parts if left uncleaned for an extended period of time. The exterior needs to be dusted to remove any dirt. Wood cabinets should be wiped clean using a damp cloth – never use soap water as it causes stains on the wood finish.
2. Why do commercial microwaves not have turntables?
Don’t expect to put a microwave-safe dish in the restaurant microwaves and have it rotate. Commercial microwaves don’t require turntables because they distribute heat better than household models, so no matter how large your plate is, you won’t be able to revolve it at all!
3. Can you put metal in a commercial microwave?
Yes, but it can cause a number of problems. Metal objects in microwaves are actually the most common reason for microwave oven failure, and they also pose a health hazard since they reflect microwaves. A safer way to heat metal is on an electric stovetop or with a handheld torch.
It is important to note that some metal items will be ruined if subjected to microwaves because the metal cooks very quickly due to its high conductivity of heat. This reflection of energy will rapidly build up heat inside the oven and damage its components over time unless it is regularly cleaned.
4. What is the difference between a commercial microwave and a residential microwave?
Commercial microwaves have a higher wattage and larger turntable than residential microwaves. They are also able to withstand more abuse from cleaning, rough handling of food items, and constant use. Commercial microwaves come with a warranty whereas many times a residential microwave does not have one because it is expected that they will get damaged easily through normal everyday use.
5. How many watts does a commercial microwave use?
Commercial microwaves can range in power from 1,000 to 3,200 watts. High wattage models produce higher output and faster cooking times that are suitable for frequent use. Microwave power is divided into three main groups though some variance exists within each category: high (1–2 kW), medium-high (800 W), and low (< 800).
Thanks for reading our blog post on the best commercial microwave ovens. We hope that this list helped you find a model that suits your needs and budget! If not, we’re always happy to help. Contact us with any questions or concerns and we’ll do what we can to get you cooking in no time!