Cooking for a family of 4 or more? The best double oven electric range is a great appliance to have in your kitchen. It allows you to cook multiple dishes at the same time without compromising on quality or taste.
The double oven electric range has many features that are great for cooking large meals, such as convection baking, dual-element broil, and an easy-to-use timer. If you have been looking to purchase a new stovetop but don’t know if you should get an electric or gas appliance, we wrote this article on which one is more efficient.
There are many brands and models of these ranges, but this blog post will focus on the top 11 options that we found when researching for our readers. We will explore this best double oven electric range and how it can help you cook efficiently in your kitchen!
What is a Double Oven Electric Range?
A double oven electric range is an oven arrangement where there are two separate cooking chambers (an upper and lower one) that are connected to a single electrical heating element. These ovens tend to offer greater control over the cooking process, especially when compared to a single-oven design where all of the heat is generated from one unit. Because these units have greater flexibility in terms of where you can place your food while it cooks, they also come with more sophisticated or complicated controls than their traditional counterparts.
How Does a Double Oven Electric Range Work?
The way that a double oven works are actually fairly simple: electricity flows into both sides of the device, and then switches on and off rapidly at different intervals in order to generate heat within both the upper and lower ovens. The rate at which electricity is transmitted into the heating elements is carefully calibrated, depending on which oven you are using: when cooking in the top oven, less heat is needed than when cooking in a bottom one.
Benefits of Double Oven Electric Range
Every home is incomplete without an oven, be it small or big. You can bake cakes and other tasty food items with the help of this cooking appliance. However, a double oven electric range has become popular these days as it saves your time and energy also. It comes with numerous facilities that you cannot get in a normal oven. If you are planning to purchase one then consider the following benefits first:
- Cooking a large amount of food at once: When you have guests over for dinner, you cannot cook food item by item or piece by piece. With the help of one double oven electric range, you can cook all types of dishes at the same time too efficiently without wasting any extra minute from your side.
- Improved cook’s evenness and speed: If you are professionally cooking for a hotel or restaurant then you should install a double oven electric range in your place. It has the power to cook food faster than any other ovens that are available these days.
- No preheating required: Preheating an oven takes time and energy which is not possible for everyone especially those who live alone. People who have smaller families can easily take advantage of double oven electric range as it does not need to be heated before using it.
- All types of cooking options available: Apart from baking, broiling, and roasting, this appliance comes with different functions that make your life easier as well as efficient. You can cook food items quickly without thinking about the extra time taken by the system.
- Four times faster than a normal oven: Even the double oven electric range runs at four times higher speed than a normal oven. If you are looking for high performance and efficiency then consider buying one today only.
- Cook efficiently without wasting your time: It is quite obvious that if you spend extra time preheating an oven; it will waste your energy as well as time in return. But this appliance heats up quickly so that you can cook food items quickly and with more accuracy.
- Easy cleaning system: The double oven electric range is designed in such a way that you can clean it easily. It comes with different removable parts so that you do not face any problems while scrubbing them off. Even the racks are dishwasher friendly, so feel free from tension.
- Automatic defrosting option: Nowadays the people are looking for something unique from their appliances because they are facing issues with their normal cooking system. The double oven electric range has a frosting option that makes this appliance unique from other electric ranges.
- Safe and easy to use: If you are living alone then you can use this appliance without any hesitation as it comes with automatic shut down/power saver options that go off when the temperature falls below a specific level.
List of 6 Best Double Oven Electric Ranges Reviews
1. Verona VEFSEE365DSS 36″ Electric Double Oven Range
- Enjoy sophisticated cooking with the Verona VEFSEE365DSS 36″ Electric Double Oven Range. This range is great for everyday use. It features 2 ovens – one smaller and one larger, perfect for any different types of dishes you may want to cook.
- With this best double oven electric range, it is possible to bake or roast in one while simultaneously grilling on the other grill top section that had sealed elements across its width. A feature like this takes some time to get used to but saves lots of time later! The sleek design will match your existing kitchen appliances seamlessly; no worry about installing two new sets at once!
- The range is made in Italy, with 304 stainless steel that has high corrosion resistance and chrome knobs and handles. It includes 2 European converted ovens with EZ clean porcelain surfaces- each which can fit up to 2.4 cubic feet of food inside its ceramic glass cooktops; it also has 5 Sealed Elements Dual Center Elements, measures 18 inches wide by 17 inches deep by 14 high; included backyard: 2″. As an added bonus, this product carries a manufacturer’s warranty for two years!
2. LG LTE4815ST 7.3 Cu. Ft. Stainless Double Oven Electric Range
- Imagine the freedom at your next dinner party to plan your meal with peace of mind. Now imagine how easy it’ll be to prepare that dish with LG’s ProBake Convection oven, where you can bake delicious foods at different temperatures so they all come out perfectly cooked.
- The Stainless Steel design of this 7.3 cu ft range will extend the life of the oven and give any kitchen a timeless appearance that is sure to impress guests while keeping everything inside looking pristine no matter what splatters or spills might happen during food preparation.
- This double oven electric range has a smooth touch glass control panel that makes cooking simple for less experienced chefs too! With two separate ovens, the upper six-burner can be used as either convection or traditional baking while the lower four-burner enables you to multitask your meal preparations quickly and easily.
3. GE JB850DFWW 30″ White Electric Smoothtop Double Oven Range
- GE’s JB850DFWW electric smooth top double oven range is the perfect addition to any kitchen. The self-clean oven will leave your oven looking spotless without you doing a thing! It also has extra capacity for cooking large meals and options for choosing the size heating element that suits your needs best.
- Cook up a storm with its 9″ and 12″ dual element, fifth element warming zone, and black gloss oven interior. This large capacity appliance comes equipped with a power boil zone for rapid, powerful heat that’s perfect for tough foods like potatoes or broccoli rabe! Save time by cooking together in one dish!
4. Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Slide-in Double Oven Electric Range
- The Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Slide-in Double Oven Electric Range is the new way to prepare meals on an electric range. With a 6.7 total capacity, LED control panel, WiFI connectivity, and Chef Connections it has everything you need to cook effortlessly for your family.
- With a variety of cooking options and an induction cooktop, it’s perfect for those who care about their cooking and baking (maybe you should be testing your recipes out first?) The WiFi Connect lets you control any function directly from your iPad or other smartphones devices to make entertaining easy.
5. Samsung NE59J7850WG 30″ Black Stainless Steel Electric Smoothtop Double Oven Range
- The Samsung NE59J7850WG offers a smooth and responsive cooking experience with its range of features. This stainless steel renovation is made for your larger-sized ranges and BBQs with its wide dual oven to the grill area.
- With this double range, the user can cook two distinct dishes simultaneously by utilizing both cavities in one oven at the same time! It packs 30″ of space for you to get cooking with an LED display that includes a clock, timer, touch control system, child lock function, a self-clean option that contributes less smoke from being burnt on racks or pans while also reducing odor buildup.
- The Samsung NE59J7850WG double oven electric range is perfect for any home that needs that space to expand its cooking abilities. This model features two convection ovens with multiple functions. There’s no need to worry about the timer either; the buzzer also alerts you when it’s time to take out or put in food with accurate temperature measurements.
6. Verona VEFSEE365DE 36 inch All-Electric Double Oven Range
- Verona VEFSEE365DE 36 inch All-Electric Double Oven Range is perfect for cooking large meals with two ovens, each able to hold 2.4 cubic feet of food at once.
- The easy-clean porcelain surface in charcoal is the ultimate upgrade in kitchen cleaning. With this range, you’ll be able to cook anything in your kitchen with no problems and it has 5 sealed elements so the flavor doesn’t transfer too much.
- Not only does it have two ovens, but it also has dual heating elements in each one of them so that you can get restaurant-level deliciousness right in your kitchen! With Matte Black color options and a clean porcelain surface inside for easy cleaning, this electric double oven will impress novice cooks through seasoned professionals alike.
How to Choose the Best Double Oven Electric Range for You
When it comes to buying the best double oven electric range, you’re going to want to make sure that you take your time doing so. After all, this will be a purchase that’s going to last you for a good number of years, and on top of that, it’s one which is an investment in order to ensure the most efficient kitchen functioning possible.
A double oven electric range might seem expensive at first glance, but when we consider what they can do for us along with how long they’ll last us, these appliances soon start looking like a wise investment. Here are just some of the things that we should look out for when purchasing our new double oven electric range:
There are plenty of different size ranges to choose from so it’s important we know how much we’re going to be using them. If the ovens are too small, they won’t be able to handle all of our cooking and baking needs effectively so it’s best that if you regularly prepare large meals or like to bake a lot then you should ensure your double oven electric range has enough capacity for all those extra dishes we throw its way.
2. Auto shut off
For many, their first encounter with a kitchen fire is one that often results in lost pots and pans, damaged countertops, and more importantly, damage to the surrounding area of our home. It’s important that all modern-day ranges come equipped with some sort of auto shut-off function to ensure safety at all times. The last thing you want from your newly purchased appliance is melted kitchen cabinets and burnt-out countertops because you forgot to turn them off after cooking dinner!
3. Oven size
Nobody wants to have their dishes overcooked or undercooked every time they put something in the oven now do we? A smaller sized oven might be perfect for those of us who only cook on occasion, but if baking a cake or roasting a turkey regularly is more up your street then you’re going to need something much larger so don’t forget to watch out for larger capacity options when buying double oven electric range appliances.
4. Cooking elements
It’s important that each and every one of our cooking elements are made from durable materials such as stainless steel which can handle the heat just as well as cast iron etc. This ensures that none of our meals will end up tasting like metal over time all because the previous owner decided not to invest in high-quality cooking elements.
There’s nothing worse than spending your hard-earned money on a brand new range only to have it start looking old and worn out after only a few months, but thanks to modern technology we’re able to enjoy self-cleaning ovens which means even if you let some burnt-on food ruin the look of your range we’ll be able to easily restore it back to its former without having to worry about replacing a whole bunch of expensive parts.
We all like our kitchens to look pretty so while looking for a double oven electric stove make sure the control buttons are all hidden from view and kept behind closed doors or better yet, don’t forget to purchase an appliance with touch screen controls that allow for more precise cooking whether you’re looking for a specific temperature or you simply want to set the timer all with the simple touch of a button.
As with almost any purchase, it’s important to set a budget before we buy a double oven electric range otherwise we’re just going to spend hours and hours browsing through loads of different appliances only to leave the store without making a single purchase because we can’t afford anything on offer. That being said you should keep in mind that a higher price doesn’t always mean better quality so be willing to go with something slightly cheaper if your main priority is functionality over style and design.
Why You Should Buy a Freestanding Double Oven Electric Range
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a double oven range worth it?
If you cook large meals or dishes with different cooking requirements, a double oven electric range may be worth it. These high-end appliances tend to have higher price tags than their single counterparts due to the extra heating element and space inside of them.
2. What size do I need?
Before buying an electric stove, take a moment to measure out your kitchen space; this will help narrow down your options and that the double-oven range best fits your cooking needs. A 36-inch oven is the most common size range you will come across, but 30 and 48-inch options are available as well. If you have a smaller kitchen, consider a smaller 30-inch electric range or even folding down one of the ovens to save more space if you’re tight on square footage.
3. What will I be using these ranges for?
When paired with different cooking elements and accessories, a double oven electric stove range can become an incredibly versatile appliance in various situations: whether it’s baking pizzas in one compartment while warming up some homemade chicken pot pies in the other, or even using one to roast meat and another for side dishes. There are many ways to utilize a double oven electric range at your disposal; if you need more space or can’t find a large enough oven for your needs, then this appliance might be exactly what you’re looking for!
The best double oven electric range is a great choice for anyone who needs to cook two different dishes at the same time. With its dual ovens, you can choose which dish goes in first and then put the other one on hold until it’s your turn again.
We hope that you found this list of the top 6 best double oven electric ranges helpful. If so, please share it with a friend or family member who might also enjoy reading about our research findings.