Ductless range hoods are a perfect choice if you’ve ever had to wash your kitchen walls or ceiling. With a ductless range hood, there is no need for an exterior venting system which can be quite costly and inconvenient. This ensures that your kitchen stays clean and free of harmful debris – all without breaking the bank!
The best part about ductless range hoods is that they can be fitted with filters and lights to make them even more effective at clearing out smoke and smells from your kitchen. Here are the best ductless range hoods that have plenty of information on various brands, models, features, and prices so you can find the perfect one!
Best Brands of Ductless Range Hoods on the Market
Even though there are many manufacturers out there that have excellent products, not all of them can be considered to be the best. When it comes to this kind of appliances being installed in your kitchen, quality is very important. This means that you should choose a brand which has an excellent reputation and one that creates ductless range hoods according to the highest standards available today. We have prepared a list with some of the most popular brands on the market so you can get to know each one’s characteristics better before making your final decision regarding which brand will offer you superior service for years to come. Here are some of the top brands to consider:
Bosch is one of the most popular brands when it comes to kitchen appliances. They are known for their high quality products which are very durable, aesthetically pleasing and functional at the same time. Bosch is a German company that was founded in the early 1900s so they have plenty of experience under their belt. Their philosophy is to create well crafted machines with simple yet effective design.
One thing that sets them apart from other manufacturers is how they aim to improve safety by employing technology where possible to avoid accidents or damage. For example, one of the technologies they use extensively is called Intuvia display, which allows you to control different functions using finger touch controls rather than knob dials which require you to accidentally change settings (raising heat) when trying to just turn up the volume.
Viking appliances are well known for their high-quality products, but did you know that they also offer a wide selection of ventilation units? One of the best models is the VHD9930M which boasts 99 CFM airflow along with 6 fan speeds (3 fans included) and Halogen lighting (1000 W). The design is simple yet stylish – it’s available in stainless steel (silver) color only, has 1 touch control panel on top and there are two powerful fans included in the package. The dimensions are 30 x 23 x 10 inches, so it’s perfect for smaller kitchens or if you just want to get rid of that old range hood without making too much of a statement.
KitchenAid offers both stainless steel finish ductless range hoods as well as some models with black color finishes which are more affordable compared to their stainless steel counterparts. One example of an excellent product that you can find on the market is KitchenAid KSRS50IL. This model offers up to 50 CFM airflow which should be more than enough for most households even if you use your range hood on a daily basis.
Steelux offers some great quality low profile range hoods which should be perfect for most homes out there regardless of their size or interior decor. One that we recommend checking out is the Steelux SRSH50AL which offers 50 CFM airflow, 1 touch control with LED display, and 4 powerful fans. The dimensions are 24 x 20 x 7 inches so it’s perfect for small kitchens or homes that don’t have a lot of space to spare.
5. Frigidaire Professional
The company Frigidaire is also popular when it comes to manufacturing appliances such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc. For example, you can find some superb ductless range hoods on Amazon for sale if you take a look around. One model we recommend checking out is the FFQE2431 series which offers top quality features such as 3 speeds (5 – 400 CFM), halogen lighting (900 W), and a sleek design that can blend in with any type of interior regardless of your kitchen’s style.
List of 11 Best Ductless Range Hoods Reviews
1. Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood
- The Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood is the best way to keep your kitchen smelling fresh. With its warming light effect, this stainless steel insert will not only improve ventilation but also enhance your lighting over your stove’s cooktop with the non-ducted filtration system that effectively removes smoke and odors thanks to its protective lamp lens with incandescent bulb (bulb not included).
- The beautifully sleek Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood is the perfect option for your kitchen. With easy care, versatile options, and a modern design, this best ductless range hood can do it all.Designed with an A19 light bulb and two-speed fan to fit any need in your kitchen, you’ll be making quick work of cooking while staying within budget. You know why you love Broan NuTone? Because we put our best technology into everything we do and offer excellent service and support to help keep you satisfied with our products throughout the entire lifetime of ownership!
2. IKTCH 30 inch Built-in/Insert Ductless Range Hood
- The stylish IKTCH Insert Range Hood is made of beautiful stainless steel. It’s the perfect addition for any modern kitchen, and easily fits into existing cabinets or can also be built-in with your cabinet design. The 900 CFM airflow ensures good air circulation in the room to keep smoke and other cooking smells at bay. And to make it even easier, you can install this ductless range hood with remote control – which makes styling your kitchen easy as pie!
- With the IKTCH range hood, you have a choice of 4 different settings to customize your kitchen stove vent experience. At 40 decibels on the low setting, only 65dB max noise level, this is perfect for cooking at home without disturbing anyone around you! The sleek stainless steel design also makes cleaning up after supper easy – just snap out the filters for dishwasher-safe cleaning.
3. CIARRA CAS75918B Ultra Slim Ductless Range Hood
- CIARRA’s new 31″ Ultra Slim range hood is perfect for anyone looking to save on space. In an era where everyone wants to have more living space, single individuals living in tight spaces such as condos and apartments may consider installing a ductless range hood so they can cook in peace without worrying their cooking will send smoke throughout the house or that their small kitchen won’t be able to handle it all.
- Don’t let CIARRA Cas75918B fool you with its size because this product has major capabilities when it comes to purifying the air in your apartment kitchen. It effectively traps grease, food smell, airborne particles from burning fat, and hazardous gases from ceramic stoves by using five detachable aluminum mesh filters.
- The CIARRA CAS75918B Ultra Slim Ductless Range Hood is a sleek stainless steel design that features quiet operation, less than 6.5 Sones at the highest speed for a more immersive cooking experience, and led lights to light up your cooking area. It can be converted into a ventless unit with the optional purchase of the CACF006 carbon filter.
4. Cosmo COS-QB48 Ductless Range Hood
- Cosmo COS-QB48 Ductless Range Hood features a high-volume motor and high-wattage halogen lights for a seamless kitchen renovation. Incredibly efficient, the Cosmo range hood’s motor ventilates up to 500cfm without the noise imposed by other models on the market.
- The patented LED lights combine with powerful lighting to ensure your cooking environment is clean and bright at all times. Beautifully designed from top to bottom, this ventless range hood looks great in homes of any style or size.
- The Cosmo COS-QB48 Ductless Range Hood also features energy-saving LED light bulbs long-lasting to provide brighter, high lumen lighting for better visibility. Finally, the Cosmo range hood is fully equipped with 3-year limited customer support based proudly in the USA.
5. KOBE CHX3836SQBD-3 Brillia Ductless Range Hood
- With a sleek design that blends into your kitchen, the Brillia Ductless Range Hood is perfect for any commercial space. With continuous power of 400 CFM at maximum power, this best ductless range hood has heavy-duty features to provide superior performance. The three-speed mechanical push button, with QuietMode feature on low and high settings, provides you with different options depending on what cooking needs you to have.
- Protect your eyes from those big hot pots on the cooktop. With this exhaust hood, you’ll be able to rest assured knowing that each and every one of those bright LED lights will help keep a watchful eye over your cooking efforts.
- Made with a quiet fan and a powerful range of airflow, it’s also going to take care of any pesky smoke that might come up as well. Plus, don’t let those smells escape into the surrounding atmosphere because we all know how bothersome they can be once they get around – thanks to these charcoal filters your kitchen is safe from any dangerous gases! That means more time spent with friends or watching tv rather than clearing long-lasting scents from an area.
6. Koozzo 30″ Ducted Under-Cabinet Stainless Steel Range Hood
- The Koozzo ductless range hood is a professional-grade kitchen appliance. It is quiet and powerful, with an advanced cleaning system to capture all the grease from your cooking so that your home stays clean and fresh even though you love to cook! The six-speed setting provides enough power for any cooking occasion, while there are three fan speeds in case you need something a little more subtle.
- The Koozzo stainless steel range hood is one of the best-made models on the market. For easier use, it has a touch-sensitive control panel with an LCD display that makes cooking much simpler. It also provides you with peace of mind to know that every last bit of grease and odor will be cleared away shortly after your meal is done. If keeping your kitchen smelling fresh can help keep food fresher for longer than this 30″ product is what you need!
7. EKON NAB01-30IN Ductless Range Hoods
- The EKON NAB01-30IN Ductless Range Hoods features 4-speed soft-touch electronic switch control, and is capable of vent-less or recirculation operation. This convertible exhaust hood has two LED lamps with a perfect adjustable intensity setting that will illuminate your kitchen workspace. 900CFM insert/built-in range hood is suitable for all kinds of cooking styles efficiently removing large amounts of smoke and cooking odors with ease from the air.
- Designed to fit seamlessly into any kitchen, the EKON NAB01-30IN range hood is powerful yet unobtrusive. With a quiet performance of just 35dB on low settings and 65dB max noise level, you need not worry about it disrupting your meal or speech while cooking or doing homework.
- The stainless steel constructed filters are dishwasher-safe and easy to remove for added convenience. This product is a 30-inch professional range hood that will elegantly complement your home without being too showy.
8. Hauslane | Chef Series 30″ PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- The kitchen just got better! Get rid of those lingering odors with Hauslane’s Chef Series 30″ PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood. With features like customizable ventilation and suction to prevent toxic and harmful chemicals, this best ductless range hood is perfect for heavy-duty cooking such as frying, searing, and sauteeing.
- The 30″ Hauslane Chef Series range hood offers you the perfect blend of style and safety. Choose from 3 venting options that will fit even your current ductwork. With 6-speed suction and noise settings, as well as a 2700K light color with an optional light option, this powerful machine will be your kitchen’s best friend both day and night. Plus its buttonless design and easy-to-remove stainless steel baffle filters make cleaning a breeze.
9. Cosmo UC30 Ductless Range Hood
- The Cosmo UC30 Ductless Range Hood is an innovative ductless range hood that quietly and quickly ventilates up to 380 CFM. With push-button controls, affordable prices, beautiful design, versatile functionality, and quiet ventilation with low noise levels at 65dB, your cooking experience will be better than ever. If you’re looking for some sleek new technology to make daily cooking a breeze while delighting guests with style, the UC30 Ductless range hood is what you need!
- The Cosmo UC30 is perfect for any room in your home because it’s also very affordable. Bulb-Free Easy To Install Design means you can have warm, bright light from LED lamps without the worries or mess of exposed bulbs. The LEDs are energy efficient so you save money on electricity too!
- Developed as a product to fit smaller spaces where space is often at a premium, this unit includes 3 1/2″ top and bottom mounting brackets that help protect walls from dings and scratches while securing the hood solidly to them with screws. Be sure to purchase our optional Carbon Filtration Kit which will significantly reduce cooking odors and other airborne pollutants for a better quality of life.
10. GE 30 Inch Non-Vented Under Cabinet Range Hood with Light
- The GE 30 Inch Non-Vented Under Cabinet Range Hood with Light is a sleek and stylish addition to your kitchen. It comes in bisque, black and white so you can choose the color that complements your existing appliances best. Its vertical or rear exhaust makes it easier than ever to get grease, smoke, and odors out of the air without taking up too much space on top of your cabinets.
- Whether you’re looking for convection, ventilation, high-range hoods, low-range hoods, or just venting, GE has an obligation to making your life in the kitchen cleaner and easier. The exclusive 170 CFM recirculating ventilation system removes smoke, grease, and odors while keeping your cooking environment fresh.
- With front controls on our 30-inch non-vented range hood with light; it’ll make accessing cooking lights simple by drawing them away from the food prep space. The cooktop lighting is great if you like to do late-night cooking when it’s dark out too.
11. Comfee F13 Ducted Ductless Range Hood
- The Comfee F13 Ducted Ductless range hood is perfect for your kitchen. Unlike other ranges, the aluminum filter on this Kitchenaid is dishwasher safe; meaning you can clean it without worrying about scratches or hard-to-clean corners. The range hood’s Stainless Steel Body prevents rust and stains.
- Also, its Plastic Dome Lid gives you better visibility of your cooking area’s sights and smells! Once installed make sure to adjust the direction of the venting to efficiently remove odors – prelude (directions). Even though there are no lights included in this LED Range Hood, don’t worry because once installed indoors, you’ll be able to see clearly with natural light!
- The sleek and stylish design will add a modern finish to your kitchen. The Comfee F13 Ductless Range Hood effectively removes cooking fumes- keeping them at bay and eliminating that unpleasant odor in the air. With features like an aluminum mesh filter, 2-speed exhaust fan, and UL certification- the quality of this range hood is unmatched among other products on the market today.
- The elegant stainless steel ensures it lasts for years without rusting or tarnishing while the unit’s size adds a convenient option for those with tight space constraints who still need dishwasher emission control down to 200cfm/h (cool).
How to Choose the Best Ductless Range Hoods
There are many reasons why you need to use a ductless range hood in your kitchen. This is very important especially if you bake or cook often. When it comes to choosing the best one, there are things that should be taken into consideration to help you get value for your money. Here are some factors that you should think about before buying any product.
1. Style and Design of the Hood
The first thing that will catch your attention is how nice this product looks in your kitchen space. There are various designs and styles available in the market today so finding one that matches what you have can be difficult. You need to find something that has the right look and color combination to go well with your existing kitchen design. Some people would like to use the same manufacturer for their other appliances so that they can have a uniform look in the room.
2. Ventilation and Air Flow
You need to get something that has good ventilation and enough airflow to make sure that it will suck up all the smoke, steam, and cooking odors from your kitchen space. The energy rating should also be considered when looking at different models available in the market today because this determines how much power is consumed by this appliance. You don’t want an exhaust system that will add to your electricity bill every month. More sophisticated models come with features such as blower speed which you should check out if you prefer something more advanced.
3. Filtering System
The material that is used for the filtration system should also be checked to make sure it can stand up to frequent use and will catch as many cooking particles as possible. Having a charcoal filter is nice but you need one with nanoparticles if you want an effective way to eliminate those unwanted odors from your home or kitchen space. You may have to spend more if this feature is included because not all models come with this type of filtration system. If a model does not come with a carbon filter, then consider buying one separately since they help trap steam and odor in the air.
4. Range Hood Size Specifications
The best way to determine how big or small you need is to measure the kitchen space and specifically the location where you want to put it. This will help avoid mistakes that can waste valuable time and money. You don’t want something too small for your room because of more frequent filter replacements and cleaning costs. It should be able to collect all of the cooking odors in one go so consider getting a model with higher CFM (cubic feet per minute) ratings.
5. Price Tag
Expect to pay at least $200 for a good range hood but there are some more advanced models which can run up to $600 today depending on their features and specifications. You also look into custom-made models that can be designed to meet the specific needs and requirements of a particular kitchen space. These are used often by those people who prefer something more unique instead of the ordinary type.
These are just some of the factors you need to consider when choosing the best ductless range hoods for your home or commercial kitchen space. Make sure that you take time and do your research so you don’t regret your decision later on.
How To Install Ductless Range Hood
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the difference between a ducted and a ductless range hood?
A ducted system requires the installation of ductwork in order to ventilate the air from your kitchen. This kind of system is often used by people who want to conceal their range hoods since it’s easy to drop false ceilings and hide the ventilation system behind them. If you don’t want the hassle of installing new ductwork, then a ductless system would be more convenient for your needs.
2. What are the advantages of using a hood with no ducts?
The biggest advantage is increased flexibility when it comes to home decorating. You can easily cover up or hide range hoods if they don’t suit your kitchen design. Ductless systems also provide better and more effective ventilation than most ducted range hoods – because you can put them wherever you want.
3. If I install a ductless system, do I need to hire an electrician?
You won’t need to call an electrician as long as you’re just replacing your old range hood with a new one that matches the voltage of your house. If you’re installing a completely new system that uses different voltages, then it would be best to call an electrician for help or even replace all the wiring in your home if necessary. Otherwise, there’s always the risk of getting electrocuted during installation. Do not attempt any electrical work if you don’t know what you’re doing.
4. Ductless systems work like air conditioners, right?
Actually, no. Although they both remove excess amounts of air and moisture from your home, ductless range hoods are not designed to cool down the temperature in your kitchen. They have a very limited capacity when it comes to eliminating humidity or moisture from the room. In other words, they can’t efficiently reduce the temperature in your living space by more than a few degrees over time.
5. What about noise? How loud is a vent-free system going to be?
Vent-free appliances have an average noise output of 60 to 70 decibels while operating at full capacity – around the same level as a normal conversation between two adults. Of course, we’re talking about the noise levels produced by the fan itself. When you factor in the sound of your exhaust flue as it pushes air out through your chimney or roof, then you might experience a slight increase in volume – usually between 3 and 5 decibels.
To find the best ductless range hood for your kitchen, you should look at models that have filters and lights. Here are some of our favorite brands with plenty of information on various models so you can easily compare features and prices to pick out the perfect one for your space!