If you need something basic and easy to use, then a simple gas or coil unit may be perfect for your needs. For those who cook more often and want something versatile, an electric range with convection oven might work better.
With so many choices on the market today, it can be hard to figure out which best electric range with convection oven is best for you. We want to make that decision easier by highlighting some of our favorites below!
What is an Electric Range with Convection Oven and Why Should You Get One?
An electric range with convection oven is a kitchen appliance that does the same job as an all-in-one stovetop and convection oven. This device cooks food through both radiation and conduction to create a hot air current which then cooks food evenly on all sides. Convection in this sense uses a fan to circulate hot air so that the temperature inside of it is even throughout the entire structure. It works like a convection oven but faster because of its heating elements on the top and bottom to heat up the pan directly while circulating hot air around it.
The benefits of using an electric range with convection oven are endless: you can roast, deep fry, barbecue, bake, broil…the possibilities are countless. Cooking your meal is faster and more precise with this modern appliance, without losing any of the nutrition or flavor of your food.
How does an electric range with convection oven work?
An electric range with convection oven has three major components:
- a gas burner/electric coil on the top for cooking directly
- a fan that circulates hot air inside for even cooking
- racks to cook different types of food at the same time like roasting vegetables while baking a cake simultaneously (for example).
The technology used in these appliances is called “infrared heating”. The infrared radiation warms up the surface of your pan/pot so you don’t need to heat up the entire space of it before putting anything in for cooking. Basically, you get the heat of a traditional oven but faster because your pan/pot will be heated up in almost no time.
These appliances also have different types of setting to cook food perfectly without burning it. Many models include the option to saute and brown which is very useful when frying meat or vegetables before putting them inside the oven. Other options include defrosting frozen foods, temperature pre-sets like “chicken” or “pizza”, and keep warm function so that your food doesn’t go cold if you are busy doing something else in the kitchen.
And why should you buy an electric range with convection oven instead of buying a separate stove top and oven? It’s a matter of space. Having this all-in-one appliance is much more space-efficient so if you are short on the countertop, this might be the right option for you. Plus, it saves time from washing two different dishes in the same load of laundry, and more importantly, it can’t match the efficiency and speed of an electric range with convection oven.
List of 7 Best Electric Range with Convection Ovens Reviews
1. Verona VEFSEE365SS 36″ Electric Range with Convection Oven
- The Verona VEFSEE365SS 36″ Electric Range with Convection Oven is a high-quality, multi-purpose range cooker that will perfectly suit any kitchen. With a generous 4 cu ft oven capacity, electric cooktop and convection oven combined with the EZ clean Porcelain coating on the oven surface and its sleek design this kitchen essential has everything you’re looking for in an electric range cooker! Also available in stainless steel finish.
- Black ceramic glass top, Chrome Knob, and stainless steel oven handle make this unit stylish and easy to maintain. It has 5 sealed elements for high-end performance. The motorized touch panel offers accessibility so you can go from distance cooking to precise temperature adjustments without ever lifting a finger.
- This is not an oven – it’s an experience. An incredible electric range that will start your mornings off with ease and dazzle you with beautiful, new levels of cooking technology. This Italian-made beauty boasts a surprisingly inexpensive price for a machine this extravagant.
- So get ready to carry this beauty into any environment with its sleek style, European convection oven, redesigned storage drawer, and racks 2 design; regardless of whether it’s weeknight dinner or Sunday brunch service at that delicious restaurant you just perfected recipes for.
2. Frigidaire FGEH3047VF Gallery Series 30″ Electric Range with Convection Oven
- The Frigidaire Gallery Series 30″ Electric Range with Convection Oven will exceed your expectations in both design and performance. With a sleek exterior, it promises to make cooking an enjoyable experience for everyone who uses it.
- The 5.4 cubic foot oven offers more space than most models, giving you the room you need to cook all of your favorite dishes without having to worry about crowding the racks or the interior of your oven! It’s outfitted with true convection, which means food cooks evenly on all sides at once for amazing taste results that are better than ever before.
- Convection cooking provides an even heat circulation to distribute heat more efficiently and provide top-of-the-line baking results every time. Plus, it has room for five distinct program settings as well as self-cleaning capabilities. This smart kitchen stove is perfect for any high-quality cook who values convenience and functions enough to produce delicious treats on their own schedule!
3. Magic Chef Freestanding MCSRE24S 24″ Electric Range with Convection Oven
- Liven up your cooking with the latest technologies and a sleek design. The Magic Chef MCSRE24S 24″ Electric Range with Convection Oven has 2.2 cu. ft capacity to suit your needs, four radiant elements so you can cook on demand, and one convection oven that utilizes circulating air for superior baking results!
- You can cook something for any occasion with its 4 radiant elements and convection oven, no matter what size your pan is or how big of a hurry you’re in to get dinner on the table-nobody will be disappointed when they smell that sweet, savory deliciousness coming from this kitchen masterpiece!
- With 7 programmable cooking modes-from, from broil to reheat-you’ll find it easy to make all your favorite dishes for everyone at home who’s looking forward to flavor explosions like never before. Everyone loves having options with eating so as an added bonus there’s one drawer designed specifically for storage needs close by when cooking up appetizing dishes.
4. Ancona 36” 3.8 cu. ft. Freestanding Electric Range with Convection Oven
- Ancona 36” 3.8 cu. ft. Freestanding Electric Range with Convection Oven is a great freestanding, convection oven range for any type of lifestyle. It comes in copper or black stainless steel body and matching knobs for durability and beauty to your kitchen. The cooktop includes 2 cooking zones, one being 6’4’ wide on the surface area that gives you more room for preparation and also features 4 inches deep grates below bringing heat above food when placed at the front end for even baking.
- With powerful convection technology and precise electronic controls, this oven will cook like it was by hand and provide you with dishes that are not possible on traditional electric ranges – no more burnt or dried-out baked goods! The great thing about the Ancona range is that we’ve designed it to fit in with any space both functionally and aesthetically so grab yours today!
- The Ancona 36” 3.8 cu ft freestanding electric range with convection oven has a clean, modern design that beautifully complements your kitchen’s contemporary look. The triple layer glass door allows for a clear view of this product while eliminating the use of drafty oven doors on its exterior and quick cool-down cycles from the ovens cooling system help to save energy.
- On top of all these great features are needed are two burners, one at 1800W and another at 1000w. This wonderful appliance has both stovetop cooking power and dedicated bake zones in one package! Mix up some delicious soups or broil juicy steak with this kitchen workhorse today.
5. Frigidaire FGIH3047VF Gallery Series 30 Inch Induction Electric Range with Convection Oven
- The Frigidaire FGIH3047VF Induction Electric Range with Convection Oven is an innovative, multi-functional kitchen appliance. With five different cooking zones, this stove can handle any of your needs. The integrated convection oven cooks food evenly for increased efficiency and reduced cook time by circulating the hot air around the baking dish for faster heating.
- And there’s no need to waste energy heating unused sections of the range because they all use induction heat that transfers electricity directly to a coil instantly upon contact with food or water which cuts down on power consumption while providing superior performance in smaller sized dishes; perfect if you’re only making 1 or 2 batches at a time!
- With a stainless steel exterior and a brilliant interior, the Frigidaire FGIH3047VF Induction Electric Range with Convection Oven satisfies all of your cooking needs. Plus, it comes equipped with convection to ensure dishes are juicy and flavorful from edge to edge. So bring your A-game when you’re cooking up something extravagant like onion rings or chicken soup because this range can handle everything that you might throw at it!
6. Verona VEFSEE365DSS 36″ Electric Double Oven Range Convection
- The Verona range features a 36″ electric double oven convection set in beautiful stainless steel. With this range, you can do everything from baking to broiling. The use of European Convections means that only one element is needed for cooking – saving you time and energy.
- For storage, there’s a full-width cabinet with ample space in the bottom compartment for dishes or cookware, plus two shelves on top just for miscellaneous kitchen items during your meal preparations like spices or condiments!
- You’re guarded against burns with the included backyard and assured durability as our stove is made in Italy while also possessing impressive corrosion resistance due to its 304 Stainless Steel construction.
- This Italian-made electric range is a durable, high-performance appliance with a porcelain surface that resists corrosion. With its sleek chrome knobs and handles, stainless steel bezels, five sealed elements dual center element, black ceramic glass cooktop, and full-width storage compartment included in the price an all you’ll need to do is find someone to bake your customized goods before starting up this powerful stove!
7. Frigidaire GCRE3060AF Electric Range with 5 Elements Air Fry and True Convection
- This 30 Gallery Series Electric Range by Frigidaire comes with 5 elements that include a SpaceWise triple expandable element and a warming zone. The oven features 5.7 cu. ft capacity, an air fry option for easy cooking, true convection for even baking results, steam cleaning, and one-touch self-clean so you can keep the clean up to a minimum.
- Whether your cooking style is traditional or adventurous, with Frigidaire’s ranges you will be in full control of temperature and cooking time for ultimate perfection every time. Features like air fry, true convection, and steam cleaning ensure that your range will last for years to come.
- The Deluxe 30 Gallery Series Electric Range by Frigidaire comes with all the latest features. Additional features include air frying, TRUE convection oven, steam cleaning, and one-touch self-clean. All at a manageable price point that will suit any budget!
Some Things to Consider When Buying an Electric Range with Convection Oven
Most models in the market produce a high-pitched sound while cooking. The convection fan is the main source of this noise. The higher the wattage, the stronger and faster is the air circulated inside and therefore you will hear more noise. Some brands offer lower wattage ovens with less noise but it’s not always necessary to go from a 3500w to 1800w for example.
A range should be very efficient in order to have low gas consumption and fewer expenses. With electricity, the temperature is more precise so you can set it at lower heat and still achieve the desired result. This saves energy too.
Estimated electric consumption
You should consider the estimated watts of an oven before buying one. The higher it is, the more expensive will be your energy bill. A 2500w convection oven heats up faster and cooks faster but consumes more energy than a 1500w stove for example. Consider how many people live in your house and if you have guests often or not. If you live alone maybe you don’t need a big oven with 4 racks no? It’s all a matter of demand and expectations from cooking time to daily use so keep this in mind when choosing an oven model.
With most electric ranges nowadays you can’t open them unless they are unplugged because they don’t retain heat well like gas. Therefore it’s important to check the weight of the door, lighter is better because there are some doors that are so heavy you can’t open them without an extra hand and this will result in a sore shoulder after cooking.
Some ovens have tempered glass doors that allow you to see what’s going on inside without opening the door but they cost more than regular ovens with just a small porthole window.
This depends on personal preference. Some people prefer something solid others like rubber or plastic. I personally like hard plastic since it won’t heat up nor crack over time due to high-temperature cleaning. The leaver used for locking and unlocking should also be considered since no one wants to get burned every time they open the oven.
There are two types of oven knobs, those that stay on or off and you decide when to turn them on (in my case I never turn them on) because they’re being used for their timers only. Then there’s the type where you can actually control the heat with a timer setting attached before turning it off which is better than just leaving them without using them.
This may not seem much but think about those little things every time you cook in your kitchen and let me know what works best for YOU!
I always look for cheap prices because I’m on a budget too while still trying to find quality. If you are new to cooking or would also like to start buying kitchen appliances these ranges can be expensive at first but once you get the hang of it, it will become a great asset.
We hope you’ve found this blog post helpful in figuring out which best electric range with convection oven is right for your needs. If not, we want to help! Contact us and let us know what type of stovetop or oven you need so that we can recommend the perfect one to meet your cooking demands. Our team has years of experience working with homeowners and professionals alike, so don’t hesitate to contact them if you have any questions about our products!