A griddle is a cooking surface that can be used in an outdoor or indoor setting. A griddle typically consists of two metal plates with small slits for the food to fall through onto the cooking surface. Griddles are often used in restaurants, gas stations, and diners due to their ability to cook large amounts of food at once. The perfect solution for this problem is an outdoor griddle, which makes cooking even easier than traditional barbecuing. This write will discuss how to choose the best outdoor griddle for your needs and what features are available on different models.
The best outdoor griddles are made of stainless steel with an aluminum core to help distribute heat evenly and make it more durable. Some models also have built-in grease channels to help reduce the amount of fat that accumulates on the surface, while others come with removable nonstick surfaces that are easy to clean after use. Outdoor griddles typically come in different sizes, so you can choose one that is just right for your needs. A good quality outdoor grill will not only provide you with delicious dishes but also extend the life of your cookware by protecting them from direct contact with flames, hot coals, and other types of heat sources.
We have reviewed some of the best outdoor griddle options and created a list of our top findings. If you want an outdoor cooking experience that will be easy, safe, fast, and effective at making delicious food then there are several things that you should look for in order to find the perfect grill or stovetop option for your needs.
- What is an Outdoor Griddle?
- List Of 11 Best Outdoor Griddle Reviews
- 1. Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Grill without Hood Propane Fuelled
- 2. Blackstone 28″ Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle
- 3. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Outdoor Griddle
- 4. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Griddle
- 5. Generic 23 in Tabletop Griddle with 3 Burners
- 6. Camplux 22,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Griddles Grill
- 7. BLAZE 30-Inch Built-In Natural Gas Outdoor Griddle
- 8. Camplux Propane 15,000 BTU Griddle Grill Combo
- 9. U-MAX 4-Burner Portable Propane Gas Outdoor Grill
- 10. Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- 11. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill, True Seasoned Griddle Surface
- What to Look for in a Best Outdoor Griddle?
- How To Season a New Griddle
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Outdoor Griddle?
An outdoor griddle is a flat cooking appliance that projects heat from below and is used for things like pancakes, eggs, hamburgers, and other types of food. Outdoor griddles are used on the deck or patio and can be used to cook an entire meal outside. The size of the outdoor griddle varies greatly depending upon the needs of the user, but they usually require propane or gas to fire up.
List Of 11 Best Outdoor Griddle Reviews
1. Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Grill without Hood Propane Fuelled
- The Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Grill without Hood Propane Fuelled is an excellent choice for outdoor enthusiasts who need a portable, versatile grill. This tabletop gas griddle features a 260 square inch cooking surface and comes with an electric igniter for easy use. It also folds up into a compact unit for easy storage when not in use.
- The Blackstone 1650 gas grill is fueled by convenient 1-pound propane bottles and has an easy-to-clean design that focuses on convenience. The unit can be folded up into a compact unit for easy storage when not in use. It also has no-hassle cleanup and allows you more time to enjoy life’s pleasures outdoors!
- The Blackstone 1650 Gas Grill is perfect for situations where there are many people or you have limited space. The easy to clean design, ease of use, and focus on convenience make this gas griddle just what you need whether it be on your patio or camping trip!
- It offers 260 square inches (15 and 1/2in x 17in) of heavy-duty cooking surface for versatility and durability. Fast and even heating – this grill has a stainless steel “H” burner that heats up fast! The “H” shape offers even heat distribution and rapid cooking with 12, 000 BTU heat output on each side over an area measuring 18 by 700mm (5 x 2 feet).
Why Choose this Product:
- Easy to move and store
- Folds up and takes up little space
- Easy to use
2. Blackstone 28″ Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle
- The Blackstone Flat Top Griddle is a professional quality two-burner gas grill that’s perfect for restaurants and house parties alike. This best outdoor griddle has 470 sq inches of cooking surface – enough space to cook a variety of foods at the same time or keep your long lines flowing quickly if you have a lot of hungry guests to feed. With its grated pan on one side and raised shelf with metal covering on either end, it can just as easily be set up as an all-purpose workstation as it can be used as a grill.
- The restaurant-style griddle brings your kitchen up to the challenge. The heavy-duty construction with cast iron cooking plates provides consistent heat so you’ll have perfect results every time. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just a sunny Sunday brunch for friends – this grill does it all!
- The Blackstone Flat Top Griddle is made from heavy-duty steel and features heavy gauge stainless steel burners that are constructed from double-walled tubing with an insulated core which provides superior heat retention and distribution across the entire cooking surface. It also comes equipped with porcelain enamel coated steel grates which provide excellent conductivity while protecting food from direct exposure to high temperatures (up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The Blackstone 28″ Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle 2 Burner Propane Fuelled Rear Grease takes the portable grilling experience to a whole new level. The removable griddle top and foldable legs make it easy to transport, while two caster wheels in front and four in the back give you a smooth ride over any terrain. Made from durable stainless steel, this unit is ready for anything your grill can dish out! For an even better cooking experience, add the optional side-mounted rotisserie kit compatible with all Blackstone units.
Why Choose this Product:
- High-quality stainless steel construction which maintains even heat across the cooking surface.
- Quick and easy to set up and fold back down for easy storage.
- Extremely versatile 2-burner gas griddle, perfect for a variety of foods.
3. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Outdoor Griddle
- Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Includes a portable side table for all your tools, lights to help you see what needs turning over or picking up, grease management, easy start push-button ignition, and more features to make this one of the best outdoor griddles on the market today.
- The Blackstone Griddle was designed as a direct replacement for your old charcoal grills. Easily assemble the parts and enjoy the benefits of cooking with gas! Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Includes a portable side table for all your tools, lights to help you see what needs turning over or picking up, grease management, easy start push-button ignition, and more features to make this one of the best outdoor griddles on the market today.
- The Blackstone 1554 cranks the heat up to 270 degrees with four independently controlled stainless steel burners that can light individually or all at once for whatever you’re cooking. The top ones are hotter than the bottom ones, so if you want things really sizzling hot on the grill top, turn them one by one. Flip a lid and control food for steakhouse perfection indoors or out with this 4 burners flat top gas grill.
- Blackstone’s 1554 outdoor griddle is the perfect restaurant-style gas grill for your next cookout. With 720 square inches of cooking space, you’ll be able to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner without missing a beat. The stainless steel burners generate 60, 000 BTUs combined at low or high heat levels to accommodate any dish you’re craving.
Why Choose this Product:
- Excellent heat retention
- Side shelf makes food preparation easier
- The heat control dials are easy to turn even with gloves on
4. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Griddle
- The Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Griddle is the perfect outdoor kitchen accessory. It’s durable and easy to clean, with a grease management system that keeps your grill clean and your food delicious.
- The Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Griddle has a patented heat control system that allows you to independently control each burner, so you can cook at your preferred temperature without affecting the other side of the grill. You can also instantly cool down one side of the grill while keeping the other hot, so you can save time by not having to switch out grates or adjust the temperature when adding ingredients or cooking different foods at different temperatures.
- The grease management system means fewer messes – simply use the oversized 360-degree grease pan to effortlessly trap oils and fats from poultry, meat, fish, or cornholes that could otherwise be a fire hazard on wider griddles/grates. Use this grill for anything from steaks to blueberries! You can still bake delicacies thanks to our stainless steel lid with vent holes.
- This versatile gas outdoor griddle features two independently controlled burners with 30,000 BTUs each. Brush it down to clean off any leftover grease residue in an oversized 360-degree grease pan. You can attach a custom railing or side table because this flat top gas grill requires no assembly required (takes only 30 minutes!). The stainless steel lid comes with a venting feature that lets you cook your food while keeping it moist and tender for an even cooking experience.
Why Choose this Product:
- Durable and easy to clean
- The removable and adjustable charcoal tray
- The grease management system
- Stainless steel lid with vent holes
- The 23″ propane tabletop grill features a durable stainless steel cooking top and allows you to cook enough food for family and friends quickly and efficiently. With its space-saving design, this gas grill will fit perfectly in your outdoor kitchen or patio area. The self-contained BBQ comes with two burners that can emit 8500 BTU each, giving you 25500 BTU’s total-enough power to sear flavor into anything from steaks to sandwiches during any backyard barbecue!
- This gas outdoor griddle is all you need to cook for your large parties of 12+ burgers at a time. The sturdy, metal construction combined with the 3-burner heating system makes this grill an efficient tool for busy cooks and chefs alike, giving you enough cooking capacity to sauce one side while flipping the other.
- Sturdy and durable, this portable gas grill can be used both inside your home or out at a campsite. Simply light the huge burner for 3 minutes before cooking to get the temperature up to 410°F. The key to making delicious food is constant vigilance – you never know when your stove will stop working so it’s important to refuel every 4 hours.
- The grill comes with a stainless steel drip tray which catches excess grease from the meat being cooked on it so that it doesn’t get all over the countertop or floor when cleaning up afterward.
Why Choose this Product:
- Stainless steel construction frame
- Two burners with 8500 BTUs each to cook dishes quickly
- Easy clean up after cooking
- Perfectly portable and will fit perfectly in your outdoor kitchen or patio
6. Camplux 22,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Griddles Grill
- The Camplux 22,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Griddles Grill is the perfect size for camping trips or at-home picnics. With its multi-purpose and small design, you can flip pancakes and grill bacon while making hash browns all in one little frying pan. For easy clean-up, just rinse out the grease cup attachment and take your flat top griddle outdoors for some fresh air after use.
- The Camplux Gas Griddle with 22,000 BTUs is perfect for camping or backyard cooking. The small cooking area is 14.9″x13.4″, 190 sq. In. for the grill and 179 sq. In. for the flat top outdoor griddle for two-three people to cook at once – which makes it an ideal size!
- With its high-powered burners and long-lasting tanks, this gas griddle is great for cooking breakfast on a weekend morning or making dinner on a weeknight evening; however it was designed specifically for groups of people from 3-10 members because of its long-lasting fuel supply and two different cooking surfaces (grill and flat top griddle).
- The Camplux Gas Griddle has a durable steel frame and all the features you need to get your outdoor grilling operation up and running. The two stainless steel burners produce 11,000 BTU each for rapid heating that’s easy to control with the electronic ignition system.
Why Choose this Product:
- Drip tray and tools
- Stainless steel burners
- Two different cooking surfaces (grill and flat top griddle).
7. BLAZE 30-Inch Built-In Natural Gas Outdoor Griddle
- The BLAZE 30-inch Built-in Natural Gas Outdoor Griddle is a fantastic addition to any professional kitchen, offering 495 square inches of cooking space. Sporting a cleverly designed 3-level flame control valve, this top-of-the-line grill allows you to precisely regulate the heat and achieve perfect results every time.
- It also offers an easy access push-in LPG connector with an oversized hex nut below the stainless steel top—and our favorite part is that there’s no need for propane tanks! The grill runs on natural gas, so it’s incredibly efficient and easy to use. Just hook it up and let it do its thing!
- This best outdoor griddle is perfect for cooking up some bacon and eggs for brunch, hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch, or dinner ribeye steaks. It’s got everything you need: CHIPSET control panel; HIGH POWER heat; STAINLESS STEEL burners; and an easy access grease trough that prevents grease from dripping down onto your deck.
- The BLAZE 30-inch Built-In Natural Gas Outdoor Griddle is designed for maximum versatility and performance. The stainless steel construction, combined with the high-power burners, provides a lightweight and durable griddle that will not dent or rust under normal use. Operated by pressing and turning the illuminated control knob to set cooking temperature accurately and easily – never worry about flare-ups again!
Why Choose this Product:
- It is built out of stainless steel.
- The grease trough prevents grease from dripping down onto your deck.
- Very sturdy, will not dent or rust under normal use.
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe.
8. Camplux Propane 15,000 BTU Griddle Grill Combo
- The Camplux Propane Gas Griddle Grill is the perfect grill for RV traveling, outdoor cooking, and fueling restaurants. Its compact size and rapid heating make it versatile for both large or small groups of people. The high BTU heat has a quick recovery time that cooks meat to juicy perfection every time, and the BBQ’s adjustable hinges let you turn over your food without lifting up the lid.
- The Camplux combination grill and flat top outdoor griddle are just what the chef ordered. Made of sturdy stainless steel, this all-purpose cooking station combines a rapid-heating 15,000 BTU stainless steel burner with 220 sq. In.. of cooking space on the upper surface and 180 sq. In., or grill area below it. It’s perfect for camping, outdoor gatherings, RV traveling, and fueled restaurants alike because you can cook up to 16 hamburgers at one time and take advantage of its compact size and lightweight. The pre-seasoned cooking surface will make any food taste better from burgers to eggs!
- It features an easy to clean, anti-deformation grate made of 0.13 inch cold rolled steel with 5 steel bars at the bottom that won’t deform at high temperature when connected to RV gas, 20lb, and 1 lb propane tanks (T4-C not included).
- With this convenient combo grill/griddle you’ll never have to worry about heat control again! The built-in thermometer ensures your food is always cooked just right by monitoring the temperature in real-time.
Why Choose this Product:
- Small lightweight and easy to store, transport, and use.
- Quick heating up
- Temperature control with thermometer
- Durable stainless steel construction
9. U-MAX 4-Burner Portable Propane Gas Outdoor Grill
- The U-MAX 4-Burner Portable Propane Gas Outdoor Grill is your one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor grilling needs. Not only does it have four burners to accommodate any cooking style, but it also features a griddle that you can use to cook up steak, chicken, eggs… even veggies!
- You’ll find that this 4-burner gas grill stands out among others with its many extra perks—including no ignition lock, heavy-duty casters for easy transportation, folding legs, chrome-coated steel construction for excellent heat resistance and easy assembly time of 10 minutes for even getting it running at all thanks to its plug straight jigs design (which means you don’t have to use any tools!).
- This portable propane grill also includes two sliding shelves for inside storage space and added clearance on the handlebars over other models so you could work comfortably without much contact between your hands and the grill body just due to there being a terraced structure.
Why Choose this Product:
- 4-Burner design
- Includes heavy-duty casters so you can move this grill around with ease
- Foldable legs, the easy assembly process
10. Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- You can enjoy outdoor cooking from the comfort of your own backyard with this Royal Gourmet GD401 grill and griddle combo. Featuring two cooking zones with the griddle portion for dishes that need a combination of direct and indirect heat, this portable propane gas grill is easy to use for anyone who wants to cook delicious food outside. With four big knobs and an auto-ignition system, you can start cooking right away—no matter what level of experience you have!
- The side tables provide ample space for food preparation and have a lower bar design that keeps your grilling accessories within arms’ reach at all times. As opposed to traditional varieties, this gas-powered unit is freestanding making it compact enough to take virtually anywhere. With fold-down legs, you can store it in a limited amount of room when not in use so there’s no sacrifice on storage space either.
- With this Royal Gourmet 2 in 1 grill and griddle combo, you get the convenience of easy assembly. This gas grill provides two cooking zones for maximum efficiency, with two side tables to prepare food while you wait. For optimum outdoor cooking experience, there are 4 burners delivering 12000 BTUs each.
- Turn the kitchen into outdoor grilling with this griddle/gas grill combo that has all the features of a large gas grill along with built-in side tables. Great for two-person backyard cookouts or small events; easy to assemble and operates with a 20 lb propane tank.
Why Choose this Product:
- Solid construction
- 4 burners that cook evenly
- Griddle heats quickly and evenly
- Sturdy and portable
11. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill, True Seasoned Griddle Surface
- The Camp Chef Flat Top Grill is a cooking piece that will allow you to cook like a true chef with six feet of griddle space and four stainless steel burners for the most versatile outdoor kitchen setup imaginable. This all-in-one grill includes two large folding shelves and four adjustable leg levers for ultimate versatility in your environment no matter what the surface conditions may be perfectly suited for any camping or backcountry expedition!
- You’ll be cooking with six burners, making sure your dish will have plenty of warmth without the need to mess around heating multiple pans on the stovetop – not to mention additional grease being added to the kitchen! A grease tray helps manage fat from all types of meat while it cooks into liquid form that can then be easily contained in one place for easy clean-up.
- You’ll be able to cook indoors, outdoors, or with any type of heat source with this unit. It includes a flat-top outdoor griddle and grill grate, so you can use it as a griddle or grill depending on your needs at the time. The unit comes with two shelves that fold out for extra space if you’re planning on hosting guests or having family get-togethers.
- With micro-adjustable grilling adjustment levers, your meal will come out just right every time. The Camp Chef Grill – True Seasoned Griddle Surface also includes two large folding shelves and a propane tank holder to make life easier!
Why Choose this Product:
- Includes two large folding shelves and a propane tank holder
- Includes four adjustable leg levers for ultimate versatility
- A grease tray to help collect drippings and fat while cooking
What to Look for in a Best Outdoor Griddle?
There are a lot of things to consider when deciding on the best outdoor griddle for you. The purpose that you have in mind, your cooking style and how often will be using the unit will all determine which one is just right for your needs.
What kind of material will it be made out of? You can find griddles that are stainless steel and some that come in cast iron. Stainless steel would typically be a better choice for those who want something durable, but you’ll need to make sure that the unit comes with a non-stick coating to prevent sticking to the food. Cast-iron pans are great because they distribute heat evenly making them ideal for cooking your food just right.
Another aspect that you have to consider is how durable the outdoor griddle is. Your outdoor kitchen won’t last long if the unit easily breaks down after every usage, so finding one with high-quality materials will ensure its durability. Also, look for units that have been handled if you see yourself moving your griddle around quite often.
You’ll want to take a look at the cooking area and determine how much you think you’ll need. This is an important aspect when finding the perfect outdoor griddle since it will help you narrow down your options. If there’s not enough space in your kitchen, then opt for something with a smaller cooking area so that you won’t have issues fitting it inside of your outdoor kitchen.
Seasoning is something that you have to consider when buying a cast iron griddle. Most units come pre-seasoned so you won’t have much work to do when it comes time to use the kitchen. However, if you find a unit that doesn’t have seasoning or has been damaged, being able to season it yourself will be a huge plus. Seasoning will enhance the nonstick feature and also allow your food not to stick on the surface.
Ease of use
Will you be using it alone or with other people? The unit that you select should be easy for everyone to operate. Also, look for one with removable plates if you want to make the cleaning process easier after cooking your favorite food. If you’re planning on traveling with your outdoor griddle, opt for one which has a compact design so it will be easy to transport and store when not in use.
You should also consider what heat source will be best for the unit you have in mind. Some outdoor griddles come with a built-in flame broiler which is great if you have wood or propane logs to use as your main heat source. Gas grills are also good since it’s easy to operate and control, but you’ll need to make sure that there is a separate burner for the grill so the flame will not reach the food when cooking.
If you’re looking for something that is more than just an outdoor griddle, what about units which are also grill boxes or smokers? It’s always great to have more options in one product especially if you love cooking different kinds of food. You can cook steak one moment and roast some vegetables the next with these versatile units.
If you plan on traveling with your griddle, it’s best to choose something that is lightweight and compact. These units typically have a handle that will make it easy for you to move around. Also, if the unit can be easily disassembled into smaller parts then this would be great as well. This way, it will not take up too much space in your truck or RV when transporting from one place to another.
A good warranty will also show you that the manufacturer is confident in their product. This means that they are willing to give money back or replace the unit if there are some problems or defects after buying one. You’ll find that most units today come with a 1-year warranty, but some can last for many years depending on how often you use it and your maintenance skills.
Lastly, the BTU or British Thermal Units of the outdoor griddle should be enough for your cooking needs. If you like to cook a lot of food at once then opt for something with high BTUs while smaller units typically have 5,000 BTUs.
How big do you need the griddle to be? You can find units that are small enough to fit on one burner or large enough where multiple people can cook at the same time. Also, consider what kind of meals that you’ll usually prepare before picking out an appropriate size that’s just right for your needs.
Finally, determine a budget that you’re willing to spend on a griddle. Don’t forget that being expensive doesn’t always mean it’s the best outdoor griddle – there are some affordable units that work perfectly fine and will last for years to come.
How To Season a New Griddle
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are outdoor griddles worth it?
An outdoor griddle is a great addition to any backyard. Not only does it offer an additional cooking surface and increased versatility with food options, but there’s also the added bonus that you can cook on them all year round!
An outdoor gazebo might be just what your home needs as well; not only will they provide more room for entertaining guests during parties or family gatherings (since most come equipped with two decks), but these structures also keep out harmful rays which make solariums such as those found at beaches unbearable in summer months.
2. What do you use an outdoor griddle for?
Chefs love their griddles because they can manage orders simultaneously, and the food will always be cooked to perfection. Grilled foods like burgers or hash browns are placed on one side while eggs cook over an open fire underneath them for that delicious Maillard reaction – creating mouth-watering exterior textures with each turn on your plate!
Chef’s around the world adore planchas (aka flat tops) due not only do they offer excellent temperature control but also have great skills at making beautiful brunoise surfaces too.
3. Can you cook steak on a griddle?
Make sure you preheat your griddle to 300 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the steaks on. Cook for 3 minutes per side and then continue cooking until done by flipping over once more, about 5-10 additional minutes total James Griswold’s Restaurant Style Medium Rare Steak Dinner will be ready! We recommend letting this delicious meal rest so that it can stay juicy but not overcook – if there are bits of fat remaining in the pan after searing them off just use a spatula or spoon from the time-to finish off those extra flavors right into your mouth.
4. Is cooking on a griddle healthy?
A grill is healthier than an outdoor griddle for about the same reasons that it might be better to drink alcohol with your meal instead of lemonade: Food cooks more quickly and can drip less fat onto whatever you’re cooking.
5. Can an outdoor griddle replace a grill?
A griddle provides consistent heat across a large, flat surface so it’s perfect for cooking foods that would otherwise be impossible on an outdoor BBQ or grill.
When deciding on the best outdoor griddle for your needs, there are a few features you should consider. First and foremost, make sure it is compatible with your current grill or stove to avoid any hassles when preparing food in your kitchen. Next, think about how much space you need to cook because this will determine the size of the appliance needed. Finally, pay attention to what type of cooking surface works well with different types of foods since not all griddles have the same design.
We hope that you have found this list of the best outdoor griddle options helpful and informative. If you are still searching for a stovetop or grill to use with your kitchen, we recommend checking out these products. They will provide everything that you need in order to prepare delicious food outside on sunny days!