Red wine glasses are a delicate craft that is made with care and precision. The most important thing to know about red wine glasses is the shape of the glass, which has an effect on how your red wine will taste.
There are two main shapes for red wine glasses, tulip-shaped and goblet-shaped. Tulip-shaped glasses have more surface area than goblet-shaped ones, so they’re better at retaining the aromas of your drink.
The best red wine glasses are made from crystal and stemless. They will show the bouquet of the wine with all its nuances and give you a perfect pour every time. If you don’t know what to buy, we’ve listed our favorite brands below!
List of 11 Best Red Wine Glasses Reviews
1. ELIXIR GLASSWARE Red Wine Glasses
- Pair the sensory delight of fine wine with the exquisite art form of these breathtaking glasses by Elixir Glassware. The contemporary, exceptionally clear round body and slender stem gracefully showcase red wines. Sophisticated, stunning, and luxurious; we guarantee you’ll be absolutely pleased with any one (or more!) of these remarkable red wine glasses!
- Give your loved ones peace-of-breakers here, or score points for yourself: best friends! Celebrate life’s most memorable moments with a gift that speaks for itself – weddings, anniversaries, Mother Day, Father day – Christmas is just around the corner too!
2. Paksh Novelty Italian Red Wine Glasses
- These artsy red wine glasses are perfect for any occasion. The stylish, 18 oz hand wash-friendly hand-blown stemless glass accents your bar set with Earth tones and contemporary style that adds luxe class to your entertaining.
- This includes a pair of each – 18 ounce Italian wine glasses in light purple, blue, magenta, yellow, pink-for you to enjoy truly captivating wines from Italy’s best vineyards whether it be Chianti Classico or Barolo.
3. LUNA&MANTHA Red Wine Glasses
- LUNA&MANTHA red wine glasses are delicate handmade glasses that were sculpted through 27 pieces of careful work, giving them an unmatched cleanness and quality. It has a thin frame (0.8mm) with its own exclusive shape for this versatile glassware to be enjoyed in many ways – whether you sip, swirl, or simply admire.
- LUNA&MANTHA is a premium product from European standard supplier OJA, the most trusted name in luxury crystal since 1932 due to their commitment to detail, innovation, and impeccable craftsmanship – now they have just made your favorite hobby flawlessly classy!
4. Amazon Basics Red Wine Balloon Wine Glasses
- Amazon Basics red wine balloon wine glasses are lead-free, dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning, and backed by an Amazon Basics limited one-year warranty. These elegant glasses feature a simple design that is sure to please even the most discerning thirst.
- These red wine-specific balloon glasses are perfect for everyday use, or any time you’re entertaining. The set includes four glasses that hold 20 fluid ounces each of your favorite vino. Made from dishwasher-safe glass, these elegant yet casual powerhouses can take anything life throws your way without breaking!
5. JoyJolt Layla Red Wine Glasses
- The JoyJolt Layla red wine glasses are a pristine 4-piece set of lead-free crystal, perfect for the distinguished connoisseur. Whether you are having an intimate evening with friends or an elaborate affair with your spouse, these elegant 12oz tableware pieces will make every gathering memorable.
- The durable design means that no matter how many times they are used, you can rely on their superior quality to last through years of celebrations without splintering, cracking, or clouding up.
- The craftsmanship of each glass is exquisite and stunning with impeccable clarity that reflects the natural color of grape varieties, subtle hues in Merlot, and robust berry flavors in Cabernet Sauvignon red wines.
6. RÖD Wine Red Wine Glasses
- Sip your wine in class with these RÖD Wine Red Wine Glasses that will make any dinner date or social gathering feel formal. With a 22 oz capacity, our glasses are amongst the largest on the market so you know your favorite red wine will always taste its best.
- The elegant stem between my fingertips is echoed by delicate crystal chime from the rim of this amazing product. Whether paired with matching white dishes or my personal favorites, pumpkin pie and goat cheese, these red wine glasses are perfect for any occasion!
7. Bormioli Rocco Red Wine Glasses
- Rafted in Italy with the original wine glasses design, these Bormioli Rocco Red Wine Glasses are perfect for all red wines like cabernet sauvignon, merlot, pinot noir, or any other that pleases you. When buying one of these exquisite wine glasses from Mediterranean Warehouse you’ll also enjoy a complete wine experience as it is wider than those used for white wine.
- The wide bowl gives delightful room to circulate and swirl your red wine as desired! And an added benefit not offered by most stores – spoil yourself with this sophisticated glassware set which will last a lifetime after its rigid craftsmanship undergoes final inspection before shipping!
8. Kollea Crystal Red Wine Glasses
- Kollea Crystal Red Wine Glasses are the perfect symbol of luxury and class. Whether you’re gifting to your friend, significant other, or just indulging yourself in this delightful addition to any home, Kollea is the preferred name when searching for an item that will be treasured.
- Handcrafted by master glass artisans with years of experience, these glasses offer a slightly wider rim than many others on the market so each sip can be enjoyed to its fullest potential.
- To top it all off the slender stem makes them lightweight but durable enough for everyday use so they’ll stand up to everything from morning coffee to late-night wine parties without ever shattering before spilling what’s inside all over your carpet!
9. BENETI Exquisite Red Wine Glasses
- BENETI Exquisite Red Wine Glasses are the perfect choice for any wine aficionado. Elevating your evenings is easy with these beautiful artisan designs, including sturdy feet, elongated stems, and sharp bowls that can withstand red wine stains without scrubbing.
- Simply place the glasses in a dishwasher to remove all stains for a like-new appearance. Enjoy red Riesling or Grenache Blancs effortlessly with these universally designed handcrafted glassware pieces.
- Experience flavorful wines from around the world while admiring their color swirl inside of premium glassware made by artisans using centuries-old traditional technique-driven European blanks-keeping you up to date on style trends!
10. JBHO Hand Blown Italian Style Crystal Bordeaux Red Wine Glasses
- The JBHome red wine glass, a high-quality Bordeaux-style crystal bottle with an elegant and appealing look. The sophisticated wine glasses are hand blown using 23 procedures by experienced craft masters who boast more than 10 years of experience in this field.
- Craftsmanship spirit makes JBHome glass unique and elite, each piece is just as sturdy as the last – an excellent quality you can proudly display for all to see. Give your dining tables or bar top a stylishly classical touch with these well-made, lead-free nice restaurant-quality Bordeaux stemware at an ultra-affordable price point today!
11. Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Pure Stemware Red Wine Glass
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Pure Stemware is perfect for guests who like to push the envelope with their taste. A new take on red wine glasses, this stemware is both stylish and practical.
- Made of high-quality crystal-Tritan crystal glass that features titanium oxide and zirconium oxide particles for sublime color, these highly durable glasses are dishwasher safe (although hand washing them will provide the best results). Proudly designed in Germany by a glazier since 1830, Schott Zwiesel has been crafting one-of-a-kind wines glasses to perfection.
The Difference Between White and Red Wine Glasses
You’ve seen them, those glasses that hang around at family functions and parties filled with a deep red liquid. What is it about this glass that makes the drink inside look so appealing? Why do you have to have one? Well, friends, I’m here to answer every question you’ve ever had about these mysterious drinking vessels known as “red wine glasses.”
- The first thing you should know is the difference between white wine glasses and red wine glasses. They may look alike but they are actually very different! The main difference between the two types of glasses is their purpose. White wine glasses are used to serve chilled white wines such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio which tend to be lighter in flavor. Red wine glasses are used to serve wines that are fuller in the body like Cabernet Sauvignon or Malbec. Additionally, red wine glasses tend to be much larger than white wine glasses because people usually drink more red wine over white in one sitting.
- Now that you know the difference between the two types of glasses (and I’m sure you’ve already noticed), let’s talk color. The human eye is drawn to contrast and when it comes to food and drink, we see dark colors as “bold” and light colors as “subtle.” The key to creating this dynamic with glassware is choosing a stem color that contrasts with the bowl color. For example, if your glass is clear then choose a red stemmed glass so that it has a bold statement. If your glass is already red then choose a clear or white stemmed glass so that it has a more subtle appearance.
- Lastly, let’s talk about the size of these glasses. A typical red wine glass should hold 11 to 14 ounces (325-400 ml) and a typical white wine glass should hold 8 to 12 ounces (250-350 ml). The reason for the difference in sizes is because people tend to drink more full bodied red wines in one sitting than lighter bodied wines like Pinot Grigio. So if you’re looking for something larger go with less contrast but if you want something smaller go with more contrast!
What to Look Out for When Buying the Best Red Wine Glasses?
The red wine glasses are an essential part of the vintner’s arsenal. They are the perfect accessories to enhance your wine tasting experience, whether you do it by yourself or with friends. It goes without saying that only a high-quality glass will serve its purpose well and will contribute to your, and especially your guests’, pleasure. But how exactly should you go about finding the best red wine glasses? What features should they have? Keep reading to find out!
1. The Right Size For You (and Your Guests)
One of the most important things when choosing proper wine glasses is making sure you get those that are not too big nor too small for you (and especially for your guests). Glasses that can hold more than a decanter will leave you with the problem of spilling wine everywhere if you fill the glass to the top. On the other hand, glasses that are too small will make your guests feel uncomfortable as they won’t be able to fit their nose in them and thus will limit their ability to properly enjoy the wine.
2. The Right Shape
The shape is also greatly important for both form and function of your red wine glasses. The most suitable shapes for tasting red wines are Burgundy (wide bowl) and Bordeaux (narrower bowl). While it may seem like a minor detail, getting this wrong can ruin all chances of having a good experience. For example, if you use Burgundy glasses on Bordeaux wines or vice versa you will force the wine to stay in the middle of the bowl where it will be greatly disturbed by your hand. If you use Bordeaux glasses on Burgundy wines, way too much surface area will be exposed and all aromas will escape into thin air before they reach your nose.
3. High-quality Material
There are three types of materials that are primarily used for making red wine glasses: glass, crystal, and plastic. If this was X-factor or Britain’s Got Talent, I would definitely say “I’m afraid you’re no longer in the competition” after mentioning these options because only one can truly be considered as sturdy enough for tasting wines – glass! Crystal glasses can crack easily so they should rather be considered decorative pieces while plastic glasses are really not suitable for wine tasting because they could easily ruin your experience by imparting aromas of the material to the wine.
4. Cleanliness is Everything!
This one might seem obvious but it isn’t, especially when you’re buying cheap products. For example, cheap glassware may be made of low-quality materials that degrade over time and then break into sharp pieces which can cut your lips or even damage your gums when you drink. This doesn’t mean good quality red wine glasses will never need to be cleaned though, so what’s the best way?
5. Consider the Aesthetics, Too!
In addition to functionality, wine tasting glasses should also be aesthetically pleasing as they will make your experience seem more fun. On the other hand, red wine glasses should not distract from the actual purpose of their existence – tasting wines! Just as you wouldn’t want to spoil all those pleasant aromas by drinking water from a gold-rimmed cup, avoid going too far with expensive accessories that have no impact on your enjoyment. In general, it’s best to stick with crystal or glassware rather than plastic ones but there are exceptions too – for example if you’re having a dinner party where you want to add some elegance to the event.
After reading this blog post, you should now know the best red wine glasses and what to look out for when buying them. If you’re not sure where to start your search, we’ve listed our favorite brands at the end of the article! You can always contact us with any questions or concerns as well-we love hearing from readers like yourself. Happy shopping!