The best stovetop griddle is a must-have item for any business or home kitchen. It can be used to make pancakes, eggs, bacon, and more without using your stove’s burner or oven. The best stovetop griddles are made of cast iron, durable stainless steel, or nonstick aluminum. They should have at least two cooking surfaces with one side being flat and the other having ridges or bumps on them which make for great grill marks when you’re cooking meat like hamburgers. The size should be large enough to cook several portions of food at once without overcrowding them but not so big that they take up your entire stove space.
It should have the right size, the ability to withstand high temperatures and be made from a material that won’t warp over time. When you’re ready to purchase a new griddle, take into consideration all of these factors so you can get a durable model that will last years in your home.
A stovetop griddle is a metal plate that sits on top of your stove. The best one for you will depend on what you’re cooking and the size of your kitchen, but there are some basic things to know before buying. In this article, we’ll cover everything from how to clean it to the pros and cons of various materials. We’ll also talk about what’s involved in flipping pancakes, which can be difficult with a stove-top griddle. In general, if you want a versatile tool for making anything from bacon and eggs at breakfast time to grilled cheese sandwiches or steak fajitas at dinner time – any dish requiring good grill marks or pan searing – then a stovetop griddle may be perfect for you!
List Of 10 Best Stove Top Griddle Reviews
1. Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
- Legend cast-iron griddles are the pride and joy of your kitchen. Take care of all your cooking needs with this 32 sq. inch cooking surface that’s perfectly designed to fit over two stove burners. Cast from pure steel and iron, it boasts perfect heat distribution for a lifetime of use. It has a timeless finish that will never scratch or damage, and it’s been seasoned with 100% vegetable oil for ideal nonstick properties.
- These tough pans can be used on the stovetop at high flame, in the oven on medium heat, or even over an open campfire! And they’re easy to clean too: just give them a quick wipe with a bit of oil or vinegar after every use and they’ll stay in tip-top shape for years to come.
- The Legend cast iron griddle is the perfect addition to any kitchen. The 2-inch deep cookware features wings on each side so it can be flipped over to use on a stove, an oven, or under a broiler. Cast iron’s reputation of being virtually indestructible speaks for itself since no other material cooks evenly with the same heat retention as this seasoning coating.
Why Choose this Product:
- Made of cast iron
- Fits well in most kitchen spaces
- Heat distribution is excellent and the pan heats up evenly
2. Sensarte Nonstick Griddle Grill Pan
- This nonstick cookware is made from aluminum, so it’s sturdy and easy to clean. It has two sides: one flat griddle for pancakes, sandwiches, and just about anything else you want to make in a pan, and the other ribbed grill to get that nice char on your meats and veggies. This stone cookware is the perfect go-between for those years you’ve been cooking with a griddle or grill and can’t decide which you like better.
- The Stone Nonstick Griddle Grill Pan has two surfaces; one flat for pancakes and sandwiches, and one ribbed to make steak and veggies sizzle right through. The oven is safe up to 600F which makes it useable on top of your stove as well as in the oven.
- This cleverly designed skillet has two surfaces: one perfect for pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches, while the other is ribbed for steaks and vegetables. Its long handles also make flipping easy! And why does this pan work so well? That’s because it’s made of FDA approved nonstick coating that doesn’t contain PFOA or any chemicals involved in commercial baked goods or building insulation.
Why Choose this Product:
- The flat side is great for pancakes, grilled sandwiches, and more.
- It’s very sturdy.
- Large: 12″ x 12″ pan for a large amount of food.
3. HOMENOTE Stainless Steel Griddle
- The HOMENOTE Stainless Steel Griddle, Heavy Duty Hibachi Flat Top Griddle allows you to grill or griddle with ease. With a wide cooking surface, this essential grilling stove is the perfect addition to any kitchen!
- You’ll be sure it will hold up well in your outdoor adventures because of its one-piece molding design and 100% thick stainless steel material! The built-in grease well also helps collect all the oil drippings for easy clean-up.
- Use this best stovetop griddle to cook a variety of foods with ease and create delicious dishes. Offering the versatility, durability, and features you need for cooking, it comes with an adjustable thermostat up to 600°F that maintains even heat distribution without burning your food.
- The durable stainless steel outer layer can withstand high temperatures and allows for easy cleaning. With a built-in grease catcher to capture any messy spills, you’ll have an easier time cleaning up after your meal is ready. Featuring six-inch side walls to catch food spills without messes going onto the coals, it also comes equipped with a convenient handle so that you can easily lift it off after cooking is done!
Why Choose this Product:
- Great size, large enough to cook 6-8 meals or large burgers
- Heavy-duty and easy to use Stainless Steel exterior
- Comes with a built-in grease catcher
4. NutriChef Reversible Plate-PFOA & PFOS Free Oven Safe Flat Cast Iron Skillet Griddle
- A NutriChef Reversible Plate is a grill-like tool that can be used in your kitchen. The reversible plate is oven safe, making it ideal for your kitchen. It can be used to make everything from eggs and pancakes to grilled cheese on the smooth or ribbed side. Your new stovetop grill also features non-stick metal that will not require butter, oils, or cooking sprays.
- This reversible plate is made of 100% cast iron metal with ribbing on one side and a grill screen on the other. Cast iron has some benefits over aluminum, including better heat retention which makes it perfect for searing food while retaining juices without making your pan too hot to handle. Save time in the kitchen with this versatile cast iron skillet. The heat-safe flat griddle measures 19.96″ L x 10.11″ W x 1″, making it large enough for big meals or barbecues while featuring extra-wide space for versatility in cooking methods that are healthy and easy to clean due to ridgeline surface which keeps excess oil away from food, giving you more say over what’s on your plate!
- Thick and durable, this quality cookware will last through your toughest cooking challenges with style intact. With the flat design of this skillet, you can grill two servings at once saving space in your kitchen while delivering flavor-packed dishes every time!
- No longer worry about harmful chemicals coming into contact with your food or family either because these plates are PFOA and PFOS free. The wipeable surface means cleanup becomes a cinch, so no more ruined dinners due to difficult cleaning procedures.
Why Choose this Product:
- The flat design allows you to cook two full portions at once, saving space and reducing cooking time.
- A non-stick surface keeps food from sticking so you can focus on getting it just right, easy cleanup and all!
- PFOA & PFOS are free, making it safe for users with sensitive family members.
5. Griddle Aluminum Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan
- Are you ready to say goodbye to the hassle of trying to grill your food evenly? With the Griddle Aluminium Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan, it’s never been easier to get all of your dishes cooked just the way you like them.
- The Max Comfort Grill Pan is built with lightweight and durable nonstick aluminum, making it easy to use and clean. The comfortable handle provides an ergonomic grip so you have full control over the pan while cooking. Plus, it ensures that heat is evenly spread throughout the frying pan so you get food prepared with a high-quality taste and finish every time.
- This high-quality nonstick aluminum pan is light, durable, and has an easy-to-clean design with ridges for better grilling. Use it indoors or outdoors on the stovetop; this tool never warps, peels or sticks!
- Griddle Aluminium Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan is a necessity in every household that loves to have quality time at home with family and friends. It’s advanced cookware that you can use in any situation or season without any problems whatsoever, complete with LED lights for mood lighting, making your event the talk of the town.
Why Choose this Product:
- Made of high-quality materials.
- Very easy to clean, with no stick and no distortion.
- Heats up quickly.
6. All-Clad E7951464 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Grande Griddle
- All-Clad E7951464 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Grande Griddle is the best choice for your kitchen. The heavy-gauge aluminum cookware features three layers of safe, easy-release nonstick. Riveted stainless steel handles ensure a secure grip on these oven-safe dishes that are dishwasher safe but it is recommended to wash them by hand to preserve their nonstick surface.
- From start to finish nothing gets in the way of your culinary creativity or health desires. The 3 layers of safe PFOA-free nonstick make cooking easy and cleanup even easier (dishwasher safe). Secure stainless steel handles ensure both comfort and safety when holding this heavyweight; its oven is safe up to 500°F but is not induction compatible.
- The All-Clad E7951464 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Grande Griddle is safe for your family, comfortable to use, and made of the best materials for an even cooking experience. Heavy-gauge hard anodized cookware offers long-lasting performance on any cooktop.
Why Choose this Product:
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction for even heating and long-lasting performance.
- Heats quickly and evenly on any cooktop, including induction.
- 3 layers of safe, easy-release nonstick provide superior food release.
- PFOA -free nonstick is toxin-free and easy to clean.
7. CUKOR Camping Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop
- If you love grilling, then you’ll love the CUKOR Camping Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop. This two-burner non-stick pan is made of aluminum material and is lightweight and easy to carry around the yard or park.
- This flat top griddle for stovetops can be used on both gas and electric stovetops. It’s perfect for those who can grill year-round as well as those who only have campfires during the summer months.
- The CUKOR Camping Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop is made of aluminum material. Unlike a traditional cast iron griddle, it’s lightweight and easy to carry around the yard or park. Bring this flat top griddle camping with you because it can be used both on a gas stove or electric stovetops. This two-burner non-stick pan from Cukor is perfect for those who can grill year-round as well as those who only have campfires during the summer months. Don’t limit yourself just to cooking on your outdoor grill—this pan has endless possibilities!
- Clean-up is quick and easy with its dishwasher-safe non-stick coating in 2 burners so it can cook up egg whites or hash browns all at once. The best stovetop griddle pan has a convenient non-stick coating which you can clean with just gentle wiping.
Why Choose this Product:
- This is a nice, heavy-duty stovetop griddle.
- The coating is really non-stick and cleans up nicely.
- It’s got dual handles so you can move it around easily.
8. Ballington Stainless Steel Comal Flat Top BBQ Cooking Griddle For Stove
- The Ballington Stainless Steel Comal Flat Top BBQ Cooking Griddle For Stove is the perfect tool for making sauces, cooking tortillas and meats, and keeping things warm until service time.
- With 18 x 16 inches of space for you to make your grilled foods, there’s plenty of room on the sides to keep food warm. The stainless steel design makes cleaning easy and it is also dishwasher safe.
- The Ballington Heavy Duty Comal Griddle comes with a 5-year warranty and is made of heavy-duty single-layer gauge stainless steel construction. It lasts forever and weighs only 11 pounds! Fits across most stovetops or can be used on an outdoor bbq with ring stands below to hold it up off the ground for cooking meat over direct heat.
- Designed for both stove-top and grate features, this 16″ x 18″ griddle is perfect for all sorts of cooking occasions. Made with food-grade stainless steel, this best stovetop griddle is designed to last perfectly well season after season without the need for exterior seasoning or treatment.
Why Choose this Product:
- Stainless steel construction is easy to clean and durable.
- Heavy-duty design allows it to hold up well and last season after season without the worry of rusting or cracking.
9. MGKKT Cast Iron Griddle Plate
- The MGKKT Cast Iron Griddle Plate is designed with a shelf to allow you to cook an entire meal at once. It is a 1-piece and can be used as either a utensil holder or dishwasher. It is pre-seasoned and ready to be used right out of the box! With its low-profile design, it fits perfectly in your oven.
- The cast iron Griddle will function for multiple uses: searing, sautéing, frying, baking, grilling, and finishing foods; it is also perfect for roasting vegetables or baking desserts. The Griddle features integrated molding lines up precisely so they fit snugly together for storage; much less fond hassles than other brands which often result in uneven cooking surfaces.
- Hanging onto this 16.5-inch Griddle will bring new flavors to your kitchen–with its ½-inch thick cooking surface that has incredible heat retention powers of cast iron; you can enjoy all of your favorite cooking styles (frying, sautéing).
- You’re able to cut down your time in the kitchen by half when making casseroles on a griddle since it provides even heat throughout the pan. It’s also great for searing steak if you have a cast-iron stovetop! With this 1-piece 16″ round cast iron skillet with two handles, there are so many uses for this product.
Why Choose this Product:
- Pre-seasoned product
- Stainless steel handles
- Perfect for grilled steak
10. S·KITCHN Nonstick Grill Pan for Stovetop
- S·KITCHN Nonstick Induction Stove Top Grill Plate is a revolutionary new product that allows you to grill on your stovetop. Made with two layers of PFOA-free nonstick coating and constructed from aluminum, it provides even heat distribution and excellent release. The dual loop handles make it easy to transport, and the whole thing is oven safe up to 450°F.
- Not only does this pan add the convenience of indoor grilling to your kitchen, but it’s also great for camping trips, tailgating, or anywhere you want great grilled flavor without dealing with a huge cleanup. The grilling area measures 12″ x 8″, making this pan perfect for everything from burgers to fish filets.
- The S·KITCHN Nonstick Grill Pan is the solution to your indoor grilling needs with its easy release, dishwasher safe nonstick performance. The perfect grill requires no cast iron and has handles for transporting this pan around for your convenience. A fast heat source will be achieved thanks to the aluminum design which keeps distribution even, making it a lot lighter than castolon so it’s easier to transfer. You can use this product with any stovetop type – gas or induction cooktop – since they are all usable safely due to the flexibility of being oven safe up to 500°F!
Why Choose this Product:
- The material is a really durable aluminum which is easy to clean.
- The aluminum provides an even surface area for cooking and distributing heat.
- It has a handle so you can move the grill wherever you want, plus it’s oven safe up to 500°F.
Things to Consider Before Buying Stovetop Griddles
Stovetop griddles, also called stove grates or stove grills, are a great solution for those who want the convenience of a stovetop grill but have limited counter space. A traditional electric grill takes up more room than many other appliances and isn’t always the easiest thing to clean. Since most stovetop griddles simply sit on top of your existing cook surface, cleanup is as simple as grabbing a sponge and scrubbing up some crumbs. Since not all flat-topped ranges can accommodate them (gas stoves in particular), you might need to do some investigative work before buying one.
We put together this guide with everything you need to know before purchasing or using a stovetop griddle so that you can be confident in your purchase.
Most of the stovetop griddles available today are made from cast iron. As a truly versatile material that can be used on any stove, cast iron is one of our favorites. Like your grandmother’s old cast-iron skillet, these flat hobs are extremely durable and can last more than a lifetime with proper care. At least initially, they also tend to be some of the cheapest options on the market. They really are an all-around solid choice for most people who want to save some money without sacrificing quality.
Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean you should buy any ol’ thing though. Look for good quality materials in construction – no dents or seams on the cooking plates, sturdy legs that hold their shape really shouldn’t have any play in them – and a good warranty. If you’re going to invest your hard-earned cash into a stovetop griddle then might as well go with something that has a good reputation among customers.
The second most popular material for stovetop griddles is stainless steel. There are some pros and cons associated with the stainless steel option, of course, so let’s take a look at those, shall we? The main drawback of cooking on stainless steel is that it doesn’t conduct heat very evenly from side to side, meaning your first few batches of pancakes might be a little on the raw side while you’re still trying to figure out how much heat to use.
Even if you have a gas range, there’s a good chance that not all the burners are going to be compatible with your stovetop griddle. Some burners will get too hot or too cold for effective cooking, which means you need to do some experimenting before buying one of these griddles. On the other hand, traditional cast-iron griddles tend to fit better on most ranges (although still may develop hot spots in some situations).
Cast-iron griddles are definitely more durable than stainless steel. With proper care, a good cast iron stovetop griddle should last you the rest of your life. Stainless steel is lightweight and requires less maintenance, but can warp or dent if it isn’t heated up gradually.
Griddles made from cast iron tend to distribute heat more evenly all over the cooking surface, meaning you’ll have fewer problems with hot spots or sticking. Stainless steel is a better conductor of heat than cast iron, so it heats up quickly and gets hotter in the areas where your food is touching. After heating for 10 minutes on our gas range on low flame, we got some pretty uneven temperatures across both griddles. The heavier cast-iron griddle had about half as big of a difference between its hottest and coldest regions as stainless steel did.
Ease Of Use
For whatever reason, stovetop griddles are often harder to clean than expected. Many models feature removable plates that can be washed in the sink, but some smaller models come with plates that are much more difficult to clean (we’re looking at you, Cuisinart GR-4N). Cleanup is easier for both cast iron and stainless steel griddles. Some people prefer the look of stainless steel over cast iron, which is another factor to consider when choosing between these two materials.
Easy To Clean
Stovetop griddles are normally treated in some way during the manufacturing process to prevent rusting, but you’ll still want to clean these appliances after each use by scrubbing with warm soapy water, rinsing, and drying thoroughly. Try not to let any food sit on the surface for too long after cooking, or it can get stuck permanently. For easier cleanup over time, choose stainless steel over cast iron – just be sure to follow instructions carefully when seasoning new cookware.
Cast-iron stovetop griddles also require minimal care compared to other types of grills and pans. A few easy practices will keep your cooking surface free from rust. Always remember to preheat your pan before adding any oil or cooking spray; wipe away any excess food with a paper towel; and, after cooking, let the pan cool completely before washing it.
Stainless steel stovetop griddles are very easy to clean – just wipe them off after each use! Make sure you don’t scrub the sink too hard while washing your griddle or you could inadvertently remove its protective coating.
Cast-iron stovetop griddles require more care than stainless steel models do. Since these pans are uncoated, they’ll rust if left unwashed for too long after each use. Make sure to dry out any water droplets on your cast iron stovetop griddle before storing it away in order to prevent rusting over time.
Size and Weight
Most stovetop griddles are fairly small and lightweight, so they’re easy to store in a cabinet or under the counter. Some traditional cast-iron griddles can be quite heavy (if made from thicker iron), which makes them harder to move around. Stainless steel versions tend to weigh less than their cast-iron counterparts, but it’s still important to inspect size measurements before buying one of these griddles since only certain burners will fit smaller models due to overhang on standard stovetops. Once you’ve found a model that fits your burner well, you’ll want to take into consideration how much surface area is actually usable for cooking some stovetop griddle plates that may look large compared to others, but there’s often unused space between the sloped edges and the burner area.
Size comparison of three different griddle models – you can see that although they all have roughly the same physical dimensions, one has much more usable cooking space than the other two combined! The perfect size for your stovetop griddle will depend on how many people you’re planning to feed at once. If necessary, choose a model with removable plates so you can simply remove them while you use both burners for cooking other dishes. Removable plates are also useful if you want to save room in your kitchen or carry your appliance directly from countertops or cabinets into storage after using it.
Unfortunately, because of their design, stovetop griddles tend to be less stable than skillets or saucepans, especially when they’re placed near the edge of a burner. If you choose one of these appliances, make sure to place it well away from the edge of your stovetop so that it doesn’t tip over easily and burn anyone nearby. Stainless steel models can also get hotter than other types of pans since there’s nothing protecting the cook’s hands from the metal itself. This means that extra caution is needed when handling hot stovetop griddles – always use oven mitts and keep kids and pets out of reach to avoid burns.
Stovetop griddles with removable plates for easy cleanup usually come with either a long or a short handle, depending on the make. Long handles are easier to grab and lift when removing a hot stovetop griddle from a burner, especially if you’re using it at the same time as cooking other dishes. Short handles can get in the way of your hands while you’re cooking, which makes these models harder to use – plus they tend to get hotter than longer ones do. In general, choose between long or short handles based on your own personal preference – they both have pros and cons. Do note that since some stovetop griddle plates don’t have detachable handles at all, you’ll need an oven mitt or potholder to avoid getting burned.
One common complaint about stainless steel stovetop griddles is that they don’t hold their temperature as well as cast iron. If you’re cooking something that needs to be maintained at a relatively even, low heat level (like slowly caramelizing onions), you’ll probably have better results with cast iron.
Stainless steel stovetop griddles are normally cheaper than models made from cast iron. This doesn’t mean you should buy stainless steel over cast iron – it just means that prices vary depending on the size of your stovetop griddle and other factors. Cast-iron griddles start at about $30-$40, while stainless steel models usually cost between $100-$200 for comparable sizes. Some models are less expensive if they come with removable plates that can be washed in the sink, but some smaller models can be very expensive with plates that are more difficult to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a griddle pan on a gas stove?
A griddle is a versatile pan that can be used on gas stoves. Just place yours over one, two, or more burners and get ready to start cooking! They’re simple enough for anyone in your family (or even guests!) to use and they make breakfast fried eggs easy as pie without all those pesky oils you need at home before making them yourself – plus it’s never been easier than now with the invention of new electric frying pans too!.
2. Can you cook everything on a griddle?
A griddle is a great way to cook up many different types of meat, vegetables, and even seafood. It’s most famous for pancakes but can also be used in the morning as an egg pan or there are plenty of juicy burgers & sumptuous sausages on offer too!
3. Are steaks better on a grill or griddle?
A steak cooked on a cast iron griddle or pan-seared? Well, there are pros and cons to each cooking technique. Grill-marked steaks have that “smoky” flavor we all love but can’t resist first tastes from our eyes as well! A Malliard browned crust across most of the surface brings more intense flavors than just one side is burnt; this means less risk for overcooking your meat which will dry it out before you’ve had enough time with those juicy juices dripping down inside you. Bacon-wrapped good sirrah I am not drooling yet…
4. What does a griddle pan do?
A griddle is a cooking implement that’s mostly used to cook BBQ food, such as steak and burgers. Unlike skillets which only grill the meat properly but do not leave behind any smoky flavor or higher temperatures necessary for improving the taste of our favorite dishes.
In general, this kind of utensils has been around since 1837 when one Charles Davis first created it while camping out overnight at Yellowstone National Park under saddle cowboys during America’s bison hunting days!
5. Do you put oil on a griddle?
You’ll need to use oil for griddle seasoning before and after you use it the first time, but afterward there’s no need to prep because of its natural non-stick surface – which adds an extra layer of flavor.
6. Why is food sticking to my griddle?
By washing down your grill, you are able to remove the buildup of seasonings that can lead to food sticking. Afterward, it’s important for any grease or oil residue left on the surface with being washed away by soap additives in order to keep this from happening again. To maintain durability during use; always give yourself time after using outdoor appliances like grills so as not skip out on giving them their regular maintenance!
A quality stove top griddle should have at least two cooking surfaces with one side being flat and the other having ridges which will produce great grill marks when you’re cooking meat like hamburgers on them. The size of the griddles should be large enough so that several portions of food can fit onto it at once but not so big that they take up too much space on your countertop while still producing high volumes of delicious breakfast items for the hungry customers!
Having the right stovetop griddle can make your life in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. With options like cast iron, durable stainless steel, or nonstick aluminum, you should be able to find one that will work for your specific needs. When purchasing a new stovetop griddle, it’s important to consider size as well so it doesn’t crowd food during cooking. If you’re still unsure of which is best for you after reading this article on the differences between each type of stove top griddles available on market today, contact us!
If you want a versatile tool for making anything from bacon and eggs at breakfast time to grilled cheese sandwiches or steak fajitas at dinner time – any dish requiring good grill marks or pan searing – then a stovetop griddle may be perfect for you! We hope our article has been helpful in guiding you towards buying the best stovetop griddle out there today. Please let us know what kind of stove top griddle works best for your needs by leaving a comment below!